It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the strangest thing you ever saw, and could not explain?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have seen so MANY very strange things....this is a hard question.......but one incident in paticular stands out in my mind............... I was 9 years old.....it was night and I was supposed to be asleep, but I was reading Laura Ingalls Wilder via flashlight.....then the air pressure changed and my ears hurt, and a voice started talking to me from in the corner of my room. I shined the light in that direction, and (I swear to God) there was an Elephant 'man' standing there...the head and face of a cartoon like elephant but standing on upright, he wore a dark suit and tie, and had on aold fashioned gangster type hat......he had a trunk that lifted up and the 'voice' came from the end of the 'trunk'...it was telling me to not be affaid, to TRY to 'do something' with my mind.....I was SO SCARED that I cowered in the bed pulling blankets up close...and there was a sonic boom in my room and the bed jerked.........and I screamed.......my mother then came into my room and turned on the lights, to find me in the middle of my bed in a tossle.....the mattress was ascew from the box springs and and was off the side and half on the bed and half on the floor......my dresser drawers were all open and the clothes were strewn EVERYWHERE.......the drape rods at the window were now only attatched by one end and the curtains were ripped from the rods....the window was now wide open.....toys from my closet were also tossed about, and a battleship game was scattered on top of me, sitting in the middle of the bed tangle.....my mother was VERY mad, "what the hell are you doing in here???? why have you torn this place up????"......I was crying and trying to tell her an 'Elephant man did it'.........
the next day she made an appointment for me with a thearapist........the doctor told my mother that I actually BELIEVED this odd tale I was telling...and I refused to EVER sleep in that room again...I slept in the living room for a few days untill I moved my stuff with the help of friends, into the unfinished basement ...way less scarey for me down there.
I deny doing the damadge left in the wake of the apperition to THIS VERY DAY..............I am 41 now, and shake writting this......it REALLY HAPPENED.......
I have never again seen such a creature, and watching the movie 'Dumbo' truly freaks me out with all the talking elephants.........because I REALLY saw 'something' like an cartoon Elephant MAN when I was 9.................

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
September of '96 I was heavily involved in gangbanging and deep in the street pharmacy business *ahem*. I was self-destructive and reckless. I had already been shot in the arm and became something of a loose cannon.

One night I was walking down a side alley and heard some guitar playing and singing and laughter...being an ignorant asshole I decided to crash the "party" cause nobody on 18th and Racine has parties without the Racine Boys being there.

I followed the noise to a building and made my way up the stairs and peeked into an apartment. The door was slightly open so I sat listening as somebody preached in spanish. I recall being able to understand quite a bit of it though I didn't speak fluent spanish. Before I could haul ass down the stairs the door flung open and I was ushered inside, given hugs and handshakes and food. They made me feel like I was a good person. The "preacher" took me aside and told me bad things were on the way and I should be careful of a great war. Assuming he was a nut I left.

I decided to go trot past the place about 3 days later and came up on the building but the door was boarded shut, the windows were broken and burned out and there was a big orange sticker condemning the apartment...the sticker was signed and dated almost 3 weeks before I had been there. From the looks of the inside nobody had been there in awhile.

October 6th, 1996 I was involved in one of the worst gang wars on 18th street in Chicago history. Dozens of kids were hospitalized and dead. I ended up in Cook County hospital with a .44 gunshot wound to my leg, on life support.

Very strange occurence.

[Edited on 4-20-2004 by Preest]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
well well well .....right out of the freakin twilight zone !!

I wont ridicule you preest as you have often ridiculed me in the past ....so now you have had something bizarre in the form of a warning happen to you ....and do you believe it really happened....or had you walked into another dimension and theese people were on another level trying to convey a message to you and accepted you as a brother ?

Then if this seemingly bizarre thing happened to you why would you ridicule someone who has had something bizarre or what doesnt seem in the realm of what is possible happen to them ?

as time gos by i think you will find there are lucid people out there who have experienced many strange things and events....and it would seem your one of them ....
just because it doesnt seem normal or in your line of thinking as possible doesnt mean somebody has experienced something that is real or paranormal ...it just means there isnt a normal explanation for it ....

In the future i would hope you will consider this when responding to someones topic about something that doesnt seem possible and remember there are more things in heaven and earth that can be explained by your or anyones philosophy....

watcheroftheskies

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
i would respond to this forum but it would take a long time and then alot of my future ATS material would end up in this forum instead of my postings !

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well ever since i was little iv had this reaccuring dream that i was at a lake and there were many pillers around. I was sitting near the water when a ufo came down from the sky and landed. All i remember from there is me speaking with a giant alien head. While that may not be to strange.... I saw the exact place in my dream not to long ago on the internet...Now i may have seen the picture before i saw it on the internet and thats just where my dream "chose" to be, but iv had this dream ever since i was 9... way before i even had the internet or was old enouph to look in a book like that. I checked the link to the picture and its not up anymore, but ill try to find another

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knightmare

at about 4 yrs old i saw a very phosphorous (glowing) illuminated creature, soft yellowish light, at the foot of my bed. The creature looked similar to a cross between a demon and a octopus. I awoke my mom, she looked at the creature, then immediately covered her face from fear, so it seemed to me. I sat and looked at the creature for a few minutes, it stared back at me with a demonic grin. The blowaway part is when visiting my cousin, i took some pictures during a flashflood/rainstorm. A enity quite similar is clearly visible, yet a little blurry, in the photo. Could this be my personal demon/watcher assigned to me?

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by Knightmare]

Can you show us the pic?

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
well well well .....right out of the freakin twilight zone !!

I wont ridicule you preest as you have often ridiculed me in the past ....so now you have had something bizarre in the form of a warning happen to you ....and do you believe it really happened....or had you walked into another dimension and theese people were on another level trying to convey a message to you and accepted you as a brother ?

Then if this seemingly bizarre thing happened to you why would you ridicule someone who has had something bizarre or what doesnt seem in the realm of what is possible happen to them ?

as time gos by i think you will find there are lucid people out there who have experienced many strange things and events....and it would seem your one of them ....
just because it doesnt seem normal or in your line of thinking as possible doesnt mean somebody has experienced something that is real or paranormal ...it just means there isnt a normal explanation for it ....

In the future i would hope you will consider this when responding to someones topic about something that doesnt seem possible and remember there are more things in heaven and earth that can be explained by your or anyones philosophy....

watcheroftheskies
My personal experiences still don't change the fact that I feel you're a crackpot. Which...you are. My inability to explain my personal experience doesn't change the fact that I still laugh to myself thinking about the time you accused me of being part of the government sent to spread disinformation...nope you definitely are a loon.

I still consider many different explanations for this experience and not all are supernatural...I was drunk that night (I definitely was)...I might have been on the wrong block...it may have been a stored up PCP trip coming back to haunt me...wrong apartment...there's many explanations, not just different dimensions and priests with prophecies. Unlike most people on this forum I can readily admit it's something I can't explain so I won't attempt to try to...it is what it is. No aliens, NWO, 5th dimension.

Loon.

[Edited on 4-20-2004 by Preest]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
its ridicule that shows what brain power a man has
knowledge to fill a thimble is what might be the problem

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
When I was 8 years old, and when it was time for her to show me hers!

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spaceentity
When I was 8 years old, and when it was time for her to show me hers!

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
its ridicule that shows what brain power a man has
knowledge to fill a thimble is what might be the problem
Very true...be careful not to tip yours then and I'll keep mine safely tucked away as well.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

A REALLY tall humanoid. absolutely pitch black. Increadibly thin and long, it wasn't a shadow it definately was standing up.

I saw one of these. I was perhaps seven, and I was spending the night at my Grandmother's house (which has a history of strange happenings, but that's a different story, and a much longer one). It was perhaps 7:00 in the morning, and, as young children are wont to do, I was heading downstairs to watch cartoons.

Having reached the top of the stairwell, I looked down to see an entity fitting that description perfectly. I stared at it, it stared at me-- there was a definite aura of passive, almost inquisitive malice about it; it didn't want me dead, perhaps not even harmed, but it sure as hell didn't like the fact that I had seen it, or perhaps just that I was there. We stared at one another for a good fifteen seconds before (again, as young children are wont to do) I turned tail and ran back to my bedroom.

I'll never forget that. Freaked me the hell out for years.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I have two personal "incidents" that I cannot even attempt to explain....

I will just tell of my "creature" account though. When I was 18(summer of 2000) I moved back up to NE Oklahoma (FT. Gibson to be exact) where my sister lives. It was about 10p.m. and I was at home with my niece and nephews and one of my oldest nephews friends "Bill"(obviously not his name). We were on the front porch when we saw a set of eyes just the other side of the pasture fence. Thinking this was a cat of some sort, most likely a bob cat given the large spacing of the eyes, I decided to shoot it. I told my nephew to go in and get my 30/30. Mean while myself and Bill tried to keep track of the cat. When my nephew came out of the house we turned our heads as a natural reaction to any sudden noise in the middle of the night. By the time we looked back the eyes were gone. No sounds of movement or anything, just gone. We lived just on the outskirts of town and there were still quite a few houses on the road we lived on. So I decided I was going to try and find the cat to make sure it was not near any of the other houses. The road we lived on at the time was called 2 mile to give you an idea of the length of walk from one end to the other and we lived on the corner. As I went to leave "Bill" said he wanted to go. So I told my niece and nephews to go inside until we got back. During the walk up to the top of the hill, where two mile ends we kept an eye on the fields (We were walking on the road). To give an accurate description the area it was open field broken up by "groups" of mature trees, houses, etc.. Well about 1/2 a mile into the walk we noticed something about 30 to 40 yards off to our right but directly to our right (not a step ahead or behind us). Mind you in the dark at this time of night seeing anything at that distance unaided means something large. I moved "Bill" to my left being I had the rifle. Being alarmed at this point we decided to continue walking in order not to take whatever that was back toward the house. Sense "Bill" was on the left and obstructed from the animal by me I had him keep watching it just in case it charged us unexpectedly and he could maybe watch it without it knowing that we were aware of it being there. We continued walking sporadically to see if the creature would continue to stalk us. We walked faster - it did, slow down - same result, stop well you get the picture. About a mile from where we noticed the animal came a huge clearing. Just large enough the moonlight illuminated the area good enough for us to get a decent look at this thing. By decent I mean general description. Height about 6 to 8 ft. tan/brown fur, bi-ped. That was all we could get for visual on what it was. We kept the walk going and reached the end of the road, turned around and headed back. Well now it is on the our left so I moved "Bill" once more and we kept the game going. It stayed at a distance of 30 to 40 yards directly to our left back down the hill all the way until the second barn in the pasture at our house (approx distance from the house being 125 yards). We never saw it again. The next morning we went out into the pasture and large branches were broken out of the tree at unbelievable heights and shoved into the ground over a foot deep.

That is my strangest encounter of a living creature. I will not say it was sasquatch/bigfoot/or any other name for it. At the distance and time of night it could of been grown up Bambi bored after drinking on a Friday night showing some stupid kids he can walk on two legs as well. But that is what happened and two saw it, three more saw us after the event. So total of 5 aware of what took place.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I saw an incredible UFO event back in 1992 or 93,Triangular objects I saw plain as daythrough binoculars.Saw a green and yellow oval shaped object moving into different spot sin the sky in seconds,and saw a circular blueish object the same night .I also heard a loud military helicopter coming off in the distance and one of the objects which was way above my house was just sitting there.When the military helicopter sound came closer I could see no lights on the helicopter.Then the object with no sound sitting way above my house took off at a high rate of speed and the military helicopter sound chased after it.Was Amazing!!!!All of this lasted for about 45 mins...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Waking up with soot on my face. When my my mom came into the kitchen I noticed soot on her face, too. She didn't know how it got there. Neither of us were smokers.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I live in Bedfordshire in the UK. My strangest experience was one late evening sky watching in the back garden of my old house...it was during a time when I was doing alot of skywatching as I had been seeing the odd orb like lights as well as your usual satellites. It was strangely quiet..I then heard a scream that instantly turned my blood cold. Again repeating roughly every 5 - 10 seconds getting louder from my left. It was then I saw this pulsing illuminated orange/red object I'd guess about 8 feet in diameter flying at a height of roughly 80 feet. It was angular but strangely had wings. It was mechanical but seemed to be imitating the flight of a large bird. It's flaps were strange...not fluent or slow as they would of been coming from a large bird like a heron. They were erratic, flitting even and not traveling in a linear fashion but more zig zagging. But it was the screams this thing gave off. I was transfixed with fear unable to dare think about moving in case of being noticed. Strangely I couldn't help but think this thing was "demonic" or evil..I'm not religious. All of this in a built up area I'm amazed how this thing could go unnoticed. The sighting really shook me up & lasted for 20-30 secs. I slept with the light on for 2 nights after. I haven't skywatched on my own since.

I've always been very interested in birds and there is no way it was a large bird...like I said it was clearly mechancal or artificial. What I saw that night has had me question realitys comfort zone.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by thepostman]

[edit on 24-9-2009 by thepostman]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
Whats the strangest thing you ever saw, and could not explain?

my reflection...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well I haven't actually seen anything myself(at least while fully conscious). The only time I ever had a lucid dream was a dream I had when I was 11. I saw a large object with the underside that looked like mushroom gills, except the in the deep parts there was golden yellow light coming from it. It wasn't the typical slim UFO. It was proportionate. I would say the proportions on a car tire. I remember standing in front of my house with the wind blowing just staring at it. Again I usually do not remember dreams..specially when they are years old. This one was very vivid. Might have actually happened. I wasn't into UFO's or didn't watch any movies related to it at the time so I doubt I just made it up, specially since it didn't look like anything I have seen on TV or hollywood depictions. A kid in my school described seeing a white face with dark eyes staring directly at him through his window for a couple of minutes. He as a about 6 years old. He went into shock for a bit then screamed. Whatever it was it ran away. His dad went out to chase it (thinking it was a burglar). They father saw it moving extremely fast in a way he has never seen before(he is still skeptical however). Funny thing is the description he gave coincide with the ones from the trailer of the movie "The Fourth Kind". This was back in February that he told me...before the trailers were even released later in the summer. AND he did tell it as if it were ghost story since that is what he assumed it was. We were in a catholic retreat exchanging stories. This is a baseball player(regarded as the dumbasses of my school, they are usually not into anything occult or different). For him to make up something like that is very unlikely. Specially since he looked genuinely afraid as he recalled everything.Whatever it was. He said he doubts it was a burglar. By the way. If anyone wants an illustration of the object I saw just reply.(no U2U since im a new member)

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
The strangest thing i saw was when i was young.....real young..probably about 4 or 5. My mum was doing some gardening, and i threw a ball in very bushy/shrubby/rainforesty part of the garden and searched around for the ball, and I saw a big damn spider

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join