It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the strangest thing you ever saw, and could not explain?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hmmm...saw a tall, large, furry creature walking on two legs around my campsite. I know it was not a bear, but can't explain what it was.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Journey
Definetly my sigting of an underwater object, or USO, which I posted here www.abovetopsecret.com...

I remember when you posted it - That was a great sighting and you conveyed it with really good detail...
Thanks again!

I've seen a couple of disks and orbs over Air Force bases - no surprise there..

Also I remember when I was a little girl i was in the back of my dad's car and we were driving down a frontage road next to a hiway, it was close to sunset and the light was dimming. We came to a stop sign and I saw this bloody human hand - a right hand - on the pavement... I remember rubbing my eyes and looking again, and it was still there.
Unfortunately, I processed what I saw for maybe a minute before I told my dad, and I don't think he believed me and he kept on driving.

That was wierd~

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Now that you guys have posted a little on this subject, it seems that most of you have something in common (please correct me if I am wrong) most of you had these occurances when you were young. Does that mean that we lose the abilty to see things out of the ordinary as we age? Or do we stop believing? Or is there something else at work? Perhaps they have learned how to hide better?
Thoughts? Theories?

posted on 17-1-2004 at 07:34 AM Post Number: 334934 quote

Strangest thing I've seen and could not explain was when I was four years
--------
posted on 17-1-2004 at 08:33 AM Post Number: 335000 quote

The strangest thing i saw was when i was young.....real young..probably about 4 or 5
-----------
posted on 17-1-2004 at 08:35 PM Post Number: 335709 quote

The day before easter in like 1994 or 5....I was like 5 or 6
------------------
posted on 17-1-2004 at 08:47 PM Post Number: 335715 quote

I was in Jr High, my friend and
------------
posted on 17-1-2004 at 09:19 PM Post Number: 335734 quote

Throughout my life I recall seeing aircraft landing or just at the point of take off or landing. I have had these experiences since I was 6
-------------
posted on 18-1-2004 at 04:39 PM Post Number: 336737 quote

Not the strangest, but one that stands out.

When I was 16,
---------
The first thing i remember as stange was a big monster ontop of the tree in my front yard..I was about 2 years old.
---------------
posted on 18-1-2004 at 08:25 PM Post Number: 336928 quote

I almost forgot about the time I was a kid on Okinawa
-----------
Also I remember when I was a little girl i was in the back of my dad's car
----------

[Edited on 19-1-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'd say it's mind programming, and hypnotic suggestion throughout our entire lives. The longer we live, the more we are subjected to this programming, and the less perceptible we become to unexplained/weird things as our minds simply stop paying attention and therefore do not see them anymore. A hypnotised person (as everyone is) only sees that which is is told to see, and does NOT see something that may be HUGE and obvious and right in front of them. We're all hypnotised day in and day out.

So as we get older, the hold of that mind programming becomes stronger! Young people haven't been subjected too much, and they don't know what is "acceptable" or what is "ok to see" and don't hold beliefs yet. Less programming/hypnosis effect on kids.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
I'd say it's mind programming, and hypnotic suggestion throughout our entire lives. The longer we live, the more we are subjected to this programming, and the less perceptible we become to unexplained/weird things as our minds simply stop paying attention and therefore do not see them anymore. A hypnotised person (as everyone is) only sees that which is is told to see, and does NOT see something that may be HUGE and obvious and right in front of them. We're all hypnotised day in and day out.

So as we get older, the hold of that mind programming becomes stronger! Young people haven't been subjected too much, and they don't know what is "acceptable" or what is "ok to see" and don't hold beliefs yet. Less programming/hypnosis effect on kids.

Ok but then we're talking "A La Matrix" type scenario, lets assume that this is what is going on IE "mind programming and hypno-suggestions" wouldn't that mean that something/someone slighty more advanced than us would have to be doing it?
Lets assume they use TV/Radio/Movies that would get , perhaps what, 90-95 % of the population? (Yes folks there are people in the US and the world that rarely if ever watch a televison set, or listen to radio or go see a movie)
But if they are using that medium, would "they" not have to have some sort of "protection" against the very thing they are using to do this with? Or does it occur over long periods, and "they" could be exposed to it for short amounts of time and not be affected?
What happens if you stop listening/viewing the media?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
Does that mean that we lose the abilty to see things out of the ordinary as we age? Or do we stop believing? Or is there something else at work? Perhaps they have learned how to hide better?
Thoughts? Theories?
Absolutely not. UFO sightings are made by adults all the time. My best one just happened to be when I was young. I had a true UFO sighting with my parents as witnesses this previous New Years day couple of weeks back and they both agree it was not planes either. Trouble was the lights were very far away, not next to my house. The most credible reports of UFOs are made by police officers, airplane pilots, military personnel, and even astronauts. All adults. Its simply a matter of being at the right place at the right time (or wrong place at the wrong time if you think that way). Most are very real physical events that do not require youthful thoughts to perpetuate even if they are nothing but misidentification of normal things.

Now as for something supernatural like ghosts, I've never seen one in my entire life. Not even in my youth.

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
First, when you asked whether "they" would also be exposed to their own mind programming, the answer is no. You are only programmed if you don't know about it and are not in a mental state of awareness. If you know that the media is used to program you, your mind is automatically on alert and it doesn't work. The same for hypnosis: The hypnotist can ONLY hypnotise you if you WANT him to and LET him, so submit your will. If you are on alert and don't want that to happen, no amount of "pendulum moving" or talking will put you in trance. You must be consciously aware of it, however, to block it.

Also, about kids. They often would not report or mention this to anyone, as they might not think it is out of the ordinary. By the time they learn that such things aren't normal, they already have forgotten the event. Kids won't remember a UFO sighting any more than you remember seeing a plane in the sky at a certain day. Simply because it's normal and nothing unsual about it.

Only adults have the experience, and cultural programming to think something is "unusual" so we remember the out of the ordinary. The kids have no idea what should or should not be ordinary, so they don't care nor remember a lot of this, until maybe when they are older and someone brings something similar up, and the memory is recalled.

And yes there's something out there that intentionally programs us. One thing are strobe lights. Notice how all ambulances/police cars/other emergency vehicles don't use the spinning light anymore as they once did? Now they strobe. All strobing lights induce a state of suggestability in your mind, and then using another medium such as the radoi or television etc they can suggest anything they want subliminally. One thing they do is suggest you do NOT see their craft. Although, people still do, so it's not a PERFECT system.

The reason that it really needs to be done now, is because activity in our skies is exponentially increasing, as the wave approaches. The density shift thing that's coming up and talked about all over the damn place. Most everyone knows "SOMETHING" is coming up soon, call it the end times or pole shift or 2012 mayan calendar or WHATEVER, but no one seems to pinpoint exactly what. Well, it is soon, and is very important. The activity is therefore becoming more and more frequent. Expect UFO sightings to dramatically increase in the next few years.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The strangest thing I have seen and can not explain is dogs playing with their tails. I see dogs run around in circles chasing after their tails. When they finnally get their tails they chew on it for about 5 to 15 seconds. I do not think I will ever understand why dogs think it is fun to chase their tails and chew on them.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
The strangest thing I have seen and can not explain is dogs playing with their tails. I see dogs run around in circles chasing after their tails. When they finnally get their tails they chew on it for about 5 to 15 seconds. I do not think I will ever understand why dogs think it is fun to chase their tails and chew on them.

ILP this one's for you.....

---Matty (mattywhelz)

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
...most of you had these occurances when you were young. Does that mean that we lose the abilty to see things out of the ordinary as we age? Or do we stop believing? Or is there something else at work? ...Thoughts? Theories?

Excellent observation...
My thoughts would be as follows:

1. The youthful eye and mind are much more inquisitive and not so quick to push something into a simple explanation.

2.The day to day trials of adult life leave little room for youthful intrigue in the unusual and fantastic.

3. The length of time has clouded our recollection to the point where the reality or the moment has blended with the fears, fantasies and other outside influences. (I'm sure the least popular and most insulting of my theories)

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Rosie O'Donnell in leather.

*shudder*

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Rosie O'Donnell in leather.

*shudder*

Well, I think that can be explained...

But it's quite a nauseating visual... yuk!

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The weirdest thing I ever saw?

A REALLY tall humanoid. absolutely pitch black. Increadibly thin and long, it wasn't a shadow it definately was standing up.

I saw it last year, when I was walking home from work. I just sort of glanced over the road and down a long path, and there it was.

I'm pretty sure I was just seeing it because I was tired.

[Edited on 20-1-04 by AukerResearch]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AukerResearch

This demonstrates one of the reasons why children seem to recall these events where adults tend to discard them...
(please don't take offense Auker...)

Adults tend to rationalize strange occurances so they can "move on" and get to more pertinent things in their day-to-day lives.
Children on the other hand hold on to strange occurances and wonder about them - having no dominating day-to-day concerns other than the wonderment of life and surroundings...

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

This demonstrates one of the reasons why children seem to recall these events where adults tend to discard them...
(please don't take offense Auker...)

Adults tend to rationalize strange occurances so they can "move on" and get to more pertinent things in their day-to-day lives.
Children on the other hand hold on to strange occurances and wonder about them - having no dominating day-to-day concerns other than the wonderment of life and surroundings...

Nope, utter rubbish. Seeing that thing still haunts me to this day. I wonder about it all the time. What it would've done or looked like if I went up close.

Sometimes I go back to that very spot, looking for artifacts and such.

I stood there and looked at the thing for ages. Then for some reason my legs started to run. But I had no control, because I wanted to just stand there and look by my legs wanted to take me away.

When I woke up the next morning, I had forgotten about the alien, and the moment I remembered it, I had a vision. I was back at the place where I saw the alien, but the alien had fallen over, and was trying to get back up again. There were dark figures running around this alien, hitting it with flashlights, and trying to drag it away.

The reason I put it down to being tired was because of that vision.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
strangest thing I have ever witnessed......

the possession of a boy (in the caribbean) by a spirit/demon/god? (i don't know what?)

crazy wierd #!!!! he would cut himself and didn't bleed, body contortions, superhuman strength, eyes rolled back in his head, speaking in tongues...

actually the freakiest part is when he started telling people personal facts about them...things that he would have no way of knowing. He even knew my "secret" name, a name which even my family doesn't know. ...

still trying to explain what I saw to myself..except I don't have any logical explanations for what happened there.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I always dream of random stuff that happens in the future, sometimes a day sometimes a week.

I already read experts say "You see similar scene to some you already experienced."

That's why I wrote down those strange things with little drawings. And weeeeee, e.g. a week later I am at a place I have never been before and experience exactly this "scene".
Experts suck
- I proofed them wrong.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Nope, utter rubbish. Seeing that thing still haunts me to this day. I wonder about it all the time. What it would've done or looked like if I went up close.

Thanks for drilling down on that and elaborating more - your first post had so few details it was easy for me to assess in the way I did~

Fascinating story though - I gather you found no artifacts, footprints, etc... are there more details to it's appearance ?
And in your wondering what would have happened if you had gotten closer, what all do you think could have happened?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Several years ago I saw absolute reality/truth/the void/god, whatever you want to call it, in Japan. Everything changed after that. The best way that I have come to comprehend the experience is through quantum physics and the Buddhist theory concerning the illusion of duality.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Several years ago I saw absolute reality/truth/the void/god, whatever you want to call it, in Japan. Everything changed after that. The best way that I have come to comprehend the experience is through quantum physics and the Buddhist theory concerning the illusion of duality.

can you elaborate on what you saw/experienced?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join