It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why dont you stand up for your self for once ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
David Cameron has came out and said that "the public must not rely on the government to prevent gang culture, but take more responsibility itself."

O.K now, so no one hear about the 40-ish year old guy stood up to 3/4 people bout 15 years old and got his head kicked in, actully died. What about the guy who a gang made disabled ? O yer im sure the general public can handle these gangs, whats the worst that can happen ?

www.timesonline.co.uk...

www.timesonline.co.uk...

news.scotsman.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.metro.co.uk...

Just a few tigns for you too look at, really think that the average joe with out any weapons can do any thing ? O nd if you think you could use a weapon just cheak out this link (link below)

www.guardian.co.uk...

Take Care, Vix

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Vixion]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vixion
David Cameron has came out and said that "the public must not rely on the government to prevent gang culture, but take more responsibility itself."

Cameron's a plank. If I ever took action against a gang, you can bet your bottom dollar I would be up on harsh charges, and no doubt be dubbed some sort of lawless vigilante.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Terran, I think you got this one on the nail. It would be you who was arrested and as you say labelled as a criminal.

We pay taxes for many things and one of those is to pay for the police to protect us. If we take the law in our own hands, can I expect a tax rebate as I have done the work of the police?

And as if David Cameron would have to worry about gangs near his home!!

Being generous to the comments that Careron made, we can not totally rely on the government and police to prevent gang culture, that I would accept. We all need to take ownership of our communities and work the elected officals at local and national level, and the police to take back our communities.

But I fear we will just hear more words of lame political leaders of all the main parties, rather than concrete action to support those in the community brave enough to want to do something.

A small rant, I know and hopefully I have not killed your thread Vix

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
David Cameron needs a reality check, come and check out what it is really like, in the cities, towns up and down the UK, rather than hiding in your so called office.

Speak to the people, who are in fear of walking the streets in some cities and towns up and down the country after a certain time inthe evening, fearfull of gangs who roam the streets. Terroizing law abiding citizens. Causing Mayhem in City/Town Centres.

Introduce laws, where those who confront these gangs, are not charged or arrested.

Then we might listen to him, until then stop talking out that hole in you backside Mr Cameron.............

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Go spencer, whole can of whoop-ass on Cameron there, Can i just say that stop this asbo poop. mean really, just stop an ASBO is seen as a medal these days.

To be honest with you youth these days, Vitoria cross ? yer who gives a crap, an ASBO ? wow he's cool (no sarcastim intended)

Thats what alot alot, in fact i woul say that im talking about 70% of the 'Difunctional' youth. I have alot of respect for war heroes, my grandad and all his brothers fought and survived
for there country.

O and why is EVERY body under the age of 28 or soem thign clsoe to that considered to be a criminal, i mean people cross the street when a person, young person, walks towards them. Isnt this some kind of deiscrimination ? I mean im not going to mug you, infact ill help you if you nothing any help, but noo cross the street and make the youths feal feared, im sure that isnt helping the bad one's ego's.

Take Care every body, Vix

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The Kamikaze Community Inititiative.

What an insult, the people who've been bearing the brunt of this and saying for years something needs to be done are first dismissed, then blamed when the reality of the situation can no longer be ignored.

Being a politician when faced with the failure of their own actions they sidestep and blame someone other than face up to their failures.

If it weren't for the fact that you take your life in your hands or risk opening yourself up to years of 'targetting' etc maybe more people would. Most people aren't heroes and they shouldn't have to be.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by ubermunche]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I am no fan whatsoever of Cameron but in this case he has, perhaps surprisingly, made a perfectly valid and very important point which has been wholly misinterpreted on this thread.

In calling for members of the public to take more responsibility for the problems of gang culture he is not demanding that individuals should go out and physically face them down or confront them, he is saying that each of us has a social responsibility to help to build a better society.

Specifically he spoke about bad parenting, the glorification of violence in film, music and computer games and the continual irresponsibility of retailers who continue to sell alcohol to underage kids.

As well as providing links to some of the more shocking events of recent months it may be educational to provide a link to a news story on the Cameron speech which does actually clarify the point he was trying to make.

www.timesonline.co.uk

He is highlighting one of the less attractive elements of our culture today which is certainly partly responsible for many of the problems in our society and that is the widespread failure of individuals to accept personal responsibility. Everything is seen as somebody else's fault and crime is seen as an indication of the failure of the police rather than the failure of the criminal or their family to act responsibly.

I'm normally all in favour of slating the generally bland and ineffectual Mr. Cameron but he has this dead right.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
and the continual irresponsibility of retailers who continue to sell alcohol to underage kids.

Im 17 and i underage drink, infact i went out yesterday had a few pints of lovly woodpecker and watched my team Aston Villa, beat one of the highest rated tema son the planet Chelsea.

No violence, just fun. Good times

Idiots thinking that all trouble is called by young people. Bad times

Can all you old people please get over your self and relise that you carnt blame every thing on young people, its YOUR eneration that sells us alcohol, its YOUR generation that produces the drugs.

The fact is that just as many old people have violence with alcohol, then young people that have alcohol. Its all the same, not every one is 15 year old alcoholics, i would love one of these old people who slate young people to come out with me and a few of my friends for a day or night, maybe he would finaly get his/ her head out of his ass and stop slateing EVERY young person.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Vixion

Vixion,

The whole thrust of this thread, your thread, was about gang culture and the behaviour of teenage gang members which is why the discussion has gone that way so I'm a little confused as to why you now need to embark on an anti-wrinkly tirade.

I didn't suggest for one minute that everything should be blamed on young people. It is, as you say, the older generation that sells alcohol to the underage which is exactly one of the points that Cameron was making, and no matter how responsible you and many others are after drinking the sad fact is that many young people do not behave in the same way.

top topics

join