It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best selling novels made into movies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This is my rant..........

Why don't the people in the film industry like to keep to the story of a novel when making it into a movie??

If anyone has read any of Tom Clancy's novels then seen the movies, you'll understand.
I'm not saying that "The hunt for Red October" or "Patriot Games" were bad movies because they weren't,(The Sum of all Fears was a bad movie) but the novels were so much better. It seems that sometimes they only like to change the endings so the good guy can do it all alone but other times movies get changed completely.
Look at the 'Bourne' movies........About the only thing comparable to the books are the character 'Jason Bourne'. I thought the books were great, why butcher it?
I think a lot of the time the film industry still thinks that we the public want those huge explosions and the mild mannered government accountant or whatever out there with an M16 taking out all 200 terrorists when all I really want is an accurate depiction of a great novel..........

/rant off

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Quite frankly, I think that a movie that completely follows a book is boring. I have read the book, used my own imagination, I don't need an exact movie.

I do like seeing the producers take on it. And I have seen some spins that really worked.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I guess it all boils down to expectations.

When you read those books, or even comics for that matter, when they make a movie out if it, you expect to see certain things when you watch it. There have been many movies that I absolutly hated or not liked near as much as I could have because they took things out of the movie that were in the book.

I understand why they do it: Time restraints, flow of story, all that jazz, but sometimes it would just be cool to see it all, ya know?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
an excellent example of Vald is...STARSHIP TROOPERS.

EXCELLENT BOOK

CRAPTACULAR MOVIE

now if they stuck to the book it woulda been great. it would be intresting to see a movie version of "time enough for love" that would be an epic movie

top topics

join