It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Iran Attack On Within A Year

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by astmonster
Iran's nutjob Prez has already clearly stated his intent to bring on the end of the world to release the 12th Imam.

If that "leftist" Bush does attack, God Bless him.

Read my post here:
It's not really about Iran.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
everyone get ready for gas prices to go up. Just a heads up.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaruseleh
Nevermind that Iran is working on Nuclear weapons

Does anyone have prood of this? I know all MSM is citing the Administration as saying they're working on nuclear weapons, but this is only speculative.

The fact is, they've developed nuclear plants capable of producing weapons grade plutonium, but until we see proof of enrichment, we have no evidence to support such claims.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
Iran is actually threatening to wipe isreal off the map.

Just because the government feels the need to tell the world what to do doesn't mean the world is going to listen. If anything, they'll resent the fact that we felt the need to tell them.

No one intervened when the North and South fought out their differences. Why? Because it was no one else's business. If Iran and Israel feel the need to nuke each other ... I wish them luck. They're ignorant for thinking that fighting can solve a dispute. It's none of our business and we shouldn't interfere.

Just as Ron Paul has stated before, as well as the DHS, CIA and numerous other national departments, our political interference is the MAIN reason for anti-American sentiment around the globe.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Jaruseleh- What a disgusting thing to say, 'we need a new 9-11 to wake people up'. Wake people up to what?

The fact that the 1st 9-11 was used and is being used as an excuse for everything your country does!!!?

Tortue, illegal invasions, subjigation of your rights as American citizens, mabye you need to wake up to your own folly man.

Or to a hugely overblown take on terrorisism used to cloud the Incompetence (Katrina) Greed (Contracts to American companies in war zones eg: Blackwater, Halliburton) Corruption (Gonzales, Enron) of this 'administration'

To say America needs another 9-11. Jesus that would turn your government into an even bigger homocidial maniac. Very very disrespectful to the people and their families who dies that day as well, not ust Americans but to the people from around the world who were in those buildings.

You need to take a good look at yourself and think before you sat such things.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Jaruseleh- What a disgusting thing to say, 'we need a new 9-11 to wake people up'. Wake people up to what?

The fact that the 1st 9-11 was used and is being used as an excuse for everything your country does!!!?

Tortue, illegal invasions, subjigation of your rights as American citizens, mabye you need to wake up to your own folly man.

Or to a hugely overblown take on terrorisism used to cloud the Incompetence (Katrina) Greed (Contracts to American companies in war zones eg: Blackwater, Halliburton) Corruption (Gonzales, Enron) of this 'administration'

To say America needs another 9-11. Jesus that would turn your government into an even bigger homocidial maniac. Very very disrespectful to the people and their families who dies that day as well, not ust Americans but to the people from around the world who were in those buildings.

You need to take a good look at yourself and think before you sat such things.

Torture? Prove it.

Illegal invasions? The U.N. authorized force if Iraq did not comply with the MANY resolutions it was violating.

Subjugation of rights? Which rights....name one right U.S. citizens have lost.

YOU are the one that needs to think before you say things.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Torture? Prove it.

Illegal invasions? The U.N. authorized force if Iraq did not comply with the MANY resolutions it was violating.

I guess the photos from abu graib was cgi???

Illegal invasion based on the fact it was a preemptive war based on lies!!

Citizens have lost the right to privacy with warentless wiretaps and basically the entire patriot act. Does the constitution mean anything to you?? we can go on and on here.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Torture? Prove it.

Already proved in Abu Grahib, secret prisons in Europe and Guantanamo, so please.

Yeah sure. BS. It was clear BEFORE the invasion that the WMD/911 link was made-up. A war based on lies is an illegal war.

Many parts of the first amendment, habeas corpus, posse comitatus, amendment 4-5-6-7-8-9-10 don't exist anymore.

You are a complete fool if you think Iran ISN'T backing terrorists. They have been since the 70's. Intellectual dishonesty helps no one.

AHAHAHA. Sure. During the 70s, Iran was led by an american puppet dictator.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I'm really starting to think we need another 9/11 to wake people up again. We've become complaicent to the point where we're ok with someone attacking us first. Frankly, it disgusts me.

It disgusts me that some people want us to be attacked just to prove their point, or the point that their neo-con deity feed them; one being that preemptive attacks on countries which haven't attacked us are necessary. So when another 911 attack happens, and a small group of nebulous arab men create mass murder, does this mean we should go into Iran? Will this be an attack from al queda originating from Iran? I suppose Iran would be interested that a sunni extremist group was operating in their 90% shia country. I would be interested in knowing why Iranian terrorists would be attacking the US? Is it because they Hate us?

Of course attacking us now would be the perfect time, wouldn't it? The minute we are right on their border, the minute politicians and talking heads are saying we are going to invade them, that would be the perfect time for Iran to attack us, that certainly would be advantageous to their security, prosperity, and their burgeouning weapons program. Iran launching their "terrorists" into action against the US really makes a lot of sense...... even Miss teen South Carolina knows the answer to that.

Originally posted by Vanguard223
You are a complete fool if you think Iran ISN'T backing terrorists. They have been since the 70's. Intellectual dishonesty helps no one.

and we were backing Iraq in the 80's, the Taliban in the 90's, of course these people weren't terrorists when we were helping them, were they?

Honestly, I would like to know exactly what brand of terrorism is Iran backing? how they are backing them? how and where they are being trained? and how this eminent threat is enough to risk the lives of young men and women who have been serving in a current incursion that has not yet ended, nor been given even an arbitrary date as to it's end, and I suppose they will have to stay and help build Iran after have we leveled it as well.

This is all under the assumption that you believe there is an eminent threat, if you do, then please let us know of it.

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Amelie]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a draft would have to be instated due to fog of war and vested oil interests, when the land-warrior system is ready to be fielded then we'll be ready to invade. unless somthing big happens in the near future.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
i'd like to take this time to remind everyone that the US was very instrumental in building irans nuclear program..

i'd also like to point out that the US very much supported saddam against the iranians during the iran-iraq war. including the supply of chemical and biological weapons.

and lastly the CIA was very much involved in the creation of the taliban and al-qaeda.

i cant help but wonder if my grandchildren will be fighting wars against canada and the british...

www.worldpoliticsreview.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Torture? Prove it.

I guess the photos from abu graib was cgi???

Illegal invasion based on the fact it was a preemptive war based on lies!!

Citizens have lost the right to privacy with warentless wiretaps and basically the entire patriot act. Does the constitution mean anything to you?? we can go on and on here.

Only an idiot would call Abu Ghaib torture. You obviously don't know what real torture is. Ask some of the guys who spent time in the Hanoi Hilton what torture is, none of them will say "they put panties on my head" or "they made me stand naked with other men while they took pictures". Intellectual dishonesty on your part. Why aren't you saying anything about the American soldiers who WERE kidnapped, tortured and murdered by islamists? Oh...that's right...the terrorists are your friends.

The invasion was not illegal and was based on intelligence that EVERYONE was using at the time. Even the candy ass democrats agreed that Sadam needed to comply or be removed. Everyone did. Now left wingers are back peddling on the issue. Again...intellectually dishonest and lies on the part of the left.

We can go on and on here? Lets. I'll start by telling you that the U.S. government is not wire tapping citizens in the United States. They are not listening in on your calls. Stop getting your news from chicken little leftist websites. The wire tapping was occuring on calls orignating outside the United States and going to suspected terrorists homes in other countries, not the U.S. Please educate yourselves on this issue before spouting off about it. You people are foolish.

Americans have the same rights they had before 9/11. I have lost zero rights. I can still move where I want, when I want without telling the government. You are paranoid and delusional.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amelie

and we were backing Iraq in the 80's, the Taliban in the 90's, of course these people weren't terrorists when we were helping them, were they?

Honestly, I would like to know exactly what brand of terrorism is Iran backing? how they are backing them? how and where they are being trained? and how this eminent threat is enough to risk the lives of young men and women who have been serving in a current incursion that has not yet ended, nor been given even an arbitrary date as to it's end, and I suppose they will have to stay and help build Iran after have we leveled it as well.

This is all under the assumption that you believe there is an eminent threat, if you do, then please let us know of it.

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Amelie]

Iran is backing Hezbollah. Iran is supplying arms and technical support to the insurgency in Iraq. We have already caught Iranian advisors and captured Iranian equipment inside of Iraq. I'm not saying we should invade Iran...that's the last thing I'm saying. What I'm saying is that the U.S. needs to send a clear message to Iran to let them know that we won't tolerate them killing our troops by proxy. A nice air strike on their naval assets should do the trick. Let them know beforehand that if we capture another Iranian or find another Iranian made rocket in insurgent hands, we're going to sink their entire navy....every ship. Then do it if we catch them aiding the insurgency again. Iran is already killing American soldiers and that shouldn't go unpunished.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Vanguard223]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   

The invasion was not illegal and was based on intelligence that EVERYONE was using at the time. Even the candy ass democrats agreed that Sadam needed to comply or be removed. Everyone did. Now left wingers are back peddling on the issue. Again...intellectually dishonest and lies on the part of the left.

if you take a look at the people who were resposible for giving the president intel on iraq and terrorists they were people involved in the business of war, or had ties to such organisations as PNAC, JINSA who have stated that one of their strategic goals was to have saddam removed from power to topple an israeli enemy.
would you agree that if these people were promoting "regime change" during the clinton years and now they are in a position to "cherry pick" intel that fits their desires, its at the very least, suspect? Bush said it himself the intel was flawed. Well you only need to look at the folks providing it. Hans blix was saying that there were no weapons and that saddam was only pretending to have them to ward off an attack from the likes of iran. Plus, thumbing your nose at a superpower is good for moral if your a dictator. But in the end, show me the weapons !!
no weapons, no war (maybe that was the plan, use sanctions to completely disarm your enemy and when they are helpless, attack.)

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanguard223

news.bbc.co.uk... - Kofi Annan
www.guardian.co.uk... - Richard Pearle!
newsfromrussia.com... - Attorney general of the UK at the time of invasion.

All these people concluded that the Iraq invasion was illegal, harldy lefties from little chicken websites, especcialy Richard Pearle!

As for Abu Graib, clearly defined as torture under Geneva conventions and international lawsen.wikipedia.org... If you want to demean the people of Iraq who were in those prisons go ahead, but you gotta wonder why people hate the U.S so much with people like you giving it such good PR.

And Hanoi, what's that got to do with anything? You can't start comparing torture and staing which is worse. Torture is torture full stop whether it is pain inflicting or solely to humiliate a people.

And as for the rights issue, i'm not going to argue with you about that as i do not have any details to hand, but i'm sure it's happening with the way this administration has treated your people and the rest of the world over the past 7 years.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Well with the latest headline this morning

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I think it will be harder now to launch an attack on Iran if the U.N. is praising Irans latest moves! This report should deflate GW's War balloon a notch or two!

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
That's good news, but it's not like the U.S is a strict adherer to what the U.N has to say. I doubt it will do much to appease the U.S, but mabye some of the other states concerned will take an interest.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
That latest U.N. report just gives more reason for the U.S. government to go and humiliate itself and lose it's credibility by attacking Iran.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This just in from BBC.

Iran accepts fresh nuclear plan

The UN nuclear watchdog says Iran has agreed to a plan aimed at clearing up questions about its controversial nuclear activities.

The IAEA says the development is "significant", but adds that for the plan to work, it is essential to get full and active co-operation from Iran.

I was hoping there could be some sort of resolution. Although, this is probably not a permanent one and it still leaves out the weapons issue, at least it's a start.

I don't think anyone should be denied cleaner energy resources. I think everyone just needs to work together to solve issues, political or otherwise.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I'm really starting to think we need another 9/11 to wake people up again. We've become complaicent to the point where we're ok with someone attacking us first. Frankly, it disgusts me.

Wow, just wow.

Hey I checked out your bands page... I was hoping to see you as someone a little bit older so that I could assume you knew what you were talking about. But, anyway, I hope you and your little friends like hiking because Iran is pretty mountainous. You are going to be drafted, but that shouldn't bother someone so into the war anyway.

It's funny how you cast such disdain on the people that are trying to save your life and sort the mess the world has become out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join