It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report Finds U.S. Most Armed Country

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Guns should not be so easily available. When people say it is for protection if guns were that hard to aquire the guy breaking into your house would probably not have a gun either. But I also beleive in having an armed police force.

And if another country invaded the government would instate a draft. I would hate to imagine how many weapons the US military has stockpiled.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
yea but do have ammo

i got ammo but not in boxes i put my ammo in a sling over my back it carrys 50 shotgun shell so throw over your neck and your good to go, no messing around with a box of shells. its beside my grab and go kit.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by iori_komei

I'm glad someone refreshed this thread just so I can post to say that it's a dang good thing we are the most armed country in the world. I think we're going to need to be!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Two kinds of people in America.
1)Those who think your crazy for wanting to own a firearm.
2)Those who think your crazy for not owning one.

I fall under #2.
I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I own multiple Firearms, I collect them I shoot them its my hobby, I'm a free man, who doesn't violate another mans rights, don't tread on me and force your views or beliefs upon me due to your fear or lack of knowledge.

I don't care if you like guns, I don't care if you'll never own a gun, I don't care if you don't see a reason to own a gun, these are all YOUR issues not MINE.

I'm not forcing you to like guns, I'm not forcing you to own them, I'm not forcing you to accept them, I'm asking that you as fellow free man, respect my freedom and leave me and other Free men, who have no effect on you or your life, ALONE

I don't violate your rights, nor do most guns owners, if one does then fine punish him for HIS crime, don't punish ME and tread on my liberty for HIS crime....

Americans and the world in general have this problem, they like to place blame on anyone regardless of rather or not that blame should be there, someone has to be blamed....

Rather then simply punishing ONE man for ONE crime people for some reason like to punish everyone for HIS crime, whats next will mothers be thrown in jail for giving birth to a future criminal?

Its the same thing.....

[edit on 4-12-2007 by C0le]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

How can we get arms to the other 10?

Well im assuming the other 10 people are children so I assume you dont want them armed but you can never know with Americans.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Well im assuming the other 10 people are children so I assume you dont want them armed but you can never know with Americans.

Teach children the proper way to handle a firearm and the children will be safer form AD's and thinking the firearm is a toy.

AND

I'll refrain from saying anything snotty about you and your countrymen.

Roper

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It wasnt snotty, it was right as you just proved.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
There is a difference between safe and educated adult supervision, and arming a child....

We know this, don't stereotype or make assumptions, based on a personal bias.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by C0le]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by C0le

If you look at my post, it clearly says Im talking about arming a child.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
seriously a war on america would more than likely just be a nuclear one so you can watch youre gun melt with you, but it would be a crazy civil war, personally I hate guns and there even more terrifying in a country with a huge rich poor divide line where lives can be lost not for a cause but for a few dollars (then again probably the same everywhere), still i can understand why people would want to own them and if everyone around me had a gun i wouldnt want to be the man without one. As for switzerland i watched a programme were jeremy clarkson was traveling through switzerland he was stopped by armed guards who asked him about his cars emissions and if they were legal, all the while jeremy had an ak47 on his passenger seat and they never even aknowledged it and when they found out his car was okay they let him drive on ak47 and all

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Why does a person owning a gun have to do with making the people even with the government or something crazy. I own a gun because I like to go to the range and shot. Personal home protection is another thing. I know people that own tons of guns but they do it because they like to collect, not because they are afraid of the government.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I love this the fact that almost all of the states have enacted a conceal carry law of sorts show that guns are not going anywhere soon...Not to mention the fact that Rosie O'Donell lost her tv show when she told all those house wives to throw their boy friends and husbands guns away...

Hitler knew unarmed peasants made great slaves...Also for those that do not see conspiracies everywhere remeber this..A conspiracy is defined as two or more individuals to agree to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.

It is in almost all law dictionaries..
They do exist.......

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
In the US we believe and know from experience that an armed society is a polite society. When will the rest of the world catch on? Washington DC's ban on gun ownership with the worst crime statistics in the country stands as the best example of what happens when you take guns away from law abiding citizens!

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
report finds water wet, food nourishing, sky blue, and sex fun...

is this really news to anyone?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I've been armed since I was a child. Thanks for the concern...

Seriously, if you want to teach a child discipline, one good way to do so, is to teach him or her to safely use and handle a firearm.

Since the constitution is set up to help the common man protect himself/herself from a overbearing gov't.. I'm merely doing my constitutional duty...

[edit on 5-12-2007 by seagull]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
And there are Americans, myself included that don't see the point in owning a weapon,
since we don't see conspiracies in everything.
[edit on 8/28/2007 by iori_komei]

You're really missing the boat here. This is more about self-defense than conspiracy theory beliefs. Like, I have the right to defend my home and family against those who would break down my basement door in an attempt to burglarize my house.

Oh wait, they did that while we were away on vacation this year. Amazingly, prior to that, I frequently left doors unlocked because I plain forgot. Living in the country gives you that false sense of security. What's funny is we never had problems with uninvited visitors until the one time we kenneled the dogs and left for a week. Then again, the fact that we shoot the AR15 off the back deck is probably a deterrent for locals as well. In our area it is common to shoot on your land. It is also common that there are no home invasions -- only burglaries while people are out of town. What does that tell you? I know what it tells me and my fellow local citizens.

And no, none of my firearms were stolen.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Since the constitution is set up to help the common man protect himself/herself from a overbearing gov't.. I'm merely doing my constitutional duty...

Id leave the country if I thought I needed guns to protect myself from my own government because I wouldnt want to live in a country like that..

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

We have an option most countries do not, just because we have the option doesn't mean we need it "now" but it could be needed at some point in time.

It is an option that is protected because man is corrupt, and blind trust in man, or his institutions, is beyond ignorant.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Id leave the country if I thought I needed guns to protect myself from my own government because I wouldnt want to live in a country like that..

Then isn't it quite ironic that we have the right to bear arms because the oppressive over bearing government that abused her people is....

Your government.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join