It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: 'Hole in sky' amazes scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Could this be the result of HAARP? The secret US space weapon? Or is this an effect caused by the solar storms or weakening magnetic field as portrayed in the Nova special called Magnetic Storm, shown recently on TV. This is not normal cloud formation thats for sure. It does resemble the bottom of a stealth space craft though. A mother ship maybe?

(Some of us here on AT's have seen this photo before, but this is breaking news coverage in a major media outlet.)

A giant hole that appeared in a uniform layer of cloud over Mobile, Alabama, in the US, has left scientists puzzled.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
That is so cool. It looks like an angel coming through the clouds!

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
If this is a HAARP-related phenomenon, we obviously won't know about it through the major media. No matter what the reasoning though, it certainly is an eye-catching formation.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yes, the formation may look cool and catch one's eye but I believe its existence is far more sinister. What really interests me is that these 'unique' sights in the sky are becoming more and more frequent, yet we don't even have a name for this phenomenon.

[Edited on 1/17/2004 by Bangin]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This phenomina has been documented before

hole punch

more pics

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Whoa! cool pics Howard

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think what is amazing is how the pics in Melbourne and the pics in the US look almost identical! Whatever is causing this is a very repeatable phenomena.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
SkepticOverlord, Thanks for the edit.

On the news story link I posted, there are also two other stories listed of to the right about other holes. You'd better look them over. This is going to be a common occurance imo.

Maybe it's caused by those pesky cloudbusters.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I live in mobile, and when that happened ,everyone freaked.Its prabbly just the cold air mix in with the hot air or w/e,nothing to be scared of.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
That is some seriously weird phenomena...

Excellent find.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
maybe it's invisible spaceships

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I wonder if there were any crop circles under those holes?

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
WOW..very cool..funny how uniform and clean the edges are??? and it seems to be a rather recent occurance..hmmmmm...hmmmm...hmmmm things that make you go hmmmmm... i think there is more to this story.......

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think that it is triggered by an aircraft climbing through the cloud layer. The moisture and soot particles from the exhaust trigger the precipitation. There are a couple of photos out there somewhere that demonstrate this rather nicely.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
hey that's not fair... i posted this one earlier this week (1/15) and i dont get the cool ATSNN thingie or any form of credit? is this a good ol' boys club or what?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

fudgebucket! im sending a niggling complaint to a mod for falling asleep on my post or something!

phooey

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
i would think if it was an invisible craft they would not allow themselves to make that mistake twice. the whole purpose of invisibility is to not be seen and by creating that "hole punch" the are drwing attention to themselves. so if it is an invisible craft we are
A. Dealing with some stupid aliens
B. Dealing with a stupid government operation Or
C. One Of The Above Just Feels Like Screwing With The People Of Earth

Teal'c out

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
check out the Hopi prophecies on this
specifically Second Vision of Stalking Wolf

www.crawford2000.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
hey that's not fair... i posted this one earlier this week (1/15) and i dont get the cool ATSNN thingie or any form of credit? is this a good ol' boys club or what?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

fudgebucket! im sending a niggling complaint to a mod for falling asleep on my post or something!

phooey

It probably would have gotten more notice if it had a more appropriate title. It's not a chemtrail, obviously.

new topics

top topics

join