It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1-150 born autistic.NWO cheering?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Mercury in Vaccines,Good video on this page also
1 in 150 will be autistic as of 2007

I have been thinking lately about the autism crises and what it means for the global powers.Heres how the numbers have looked since 1995.

1990- 1 in 15,000 will be autistic
1995- 1 in 10,000 will be autistic
2000- 1 in 5,000 will be autistic
2005- 1 in a 166 will be autistic
2007- 1 in 150 will be autistic.

So how can these numbers jump like this every 5 years?It makes 0 sense at all, look at it this way.

If my ol lady and i have a child right now he has a 1 in 150 chance of being autistic even though we have no autistic genes or anything.So we have a kid and he turns out to be "normal".

By the time he is 5 the autistic rate will be around 100% at current pace.So my son meets a girl,shes also not autistic.Why the hell all of a sudden do they have a 100% chance to have a autistic child?Their DNA or our DNA has not changed to make their child autistic.

How can i be born without that gene or whatever causes it,yet the odds of me having an autistic child climbs a crazy amount year by year?

I have two theories,i lean towards the first one.

I was thinking about everything stated above when it hit me.Some autistics can do amazing things.Wether it be music,or something like a battery they can produce amazing stuff.

Then it hit me,certain types of autism completely destroy any kind of social skills a child may have had,even with the childs own parents.Yet this child could someday invent the new computer or a battery that lasts years and years, etc.

So what better for the nwo or police state,now you have a whole population of socially challenged poeple who will go where you tell/take them,and do what you tell them to do with no hassle.So you have complete public control,yet these same poeple are making crazy new advancements in technology or making existing technology better at a rapid rate.Of course some with a less severe disorder can speak out,but they can be easily wiped away.

Scary ehh.

The other theory i have is that it is natural human evolution.I tend to believe the above theory more.I'll expand if someone asks i want to keep the post relatively short so poeple read it.

[edit on 28-8-2007 by Project_Silo]

mod edit: title spelling

[edit on 30-8-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I would pay someone to tell me how this huuuuge increase could be a natural effect.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Honestly that is something worth investigating and i agree it has to do something with Vaccinations that the Gov. gives us. Thier tainted with chemicals and other things that damage us and our immusne system.

Interested in what others have to say.

Good thread, flagged bro!

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Project_Silo

This hit's me where I live. Literally. There is no history of Autism in either my wifes, nor my families. Yet my son is Autistic. Yes, he had all of the normal vaccinations. I never even questioned them. 5 years ago when he was born, it's just what you did.
I don't believe in coincidences. There is a reason for this dramtic increase of Autism in our children. Why? I don't know.
You were right in saying that some autistic people can do amazing things. My son scares me he is so smart. He has virtually no social skills amongst those he's not comfortable with.

So what better for the nwo or police state,now you have a whole population of socially challenged poeple who will go where you tell/take them,and do what you tell them to do with no hassle

Here's where I disagree with you. Have you ever had interaction with an Autistic child? Trust me, the 'no hassle' part is quite incorrect. There are so many variables, and so many stimuli which can creat a 'meltdown'. Often times seemingly for no reason.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The one in 150 came from the Washington Post article you quoted.

The other figures did not. Where did you find them?

This is another folk tale.

Autism becomes the flavour of the month in pop psychiatry and suddenly everybody and their bouncing baby girl are 'autistic', even though psychologists can't even agree on a properly applicable definition of it.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Autism becomes the flavour of the month in pop psychiatry and suddenly everybody and their bouncing baby girl are 'autistic'

I respectfully disagree with you. While I certainly can't prove that 1 in 150 children are autistic, I can tell you that the diagnosis of being autistic is not given lightly. I use my own son as an example. We knew that he was a little different since before he was one, but just shrugged it off as "Hey, one of those things, He'll grow out of it.".
When we put him in pre-school it became very apparent that he was wired differently.
It took several months, MANY different tests with MANY different doctors at several different hospitals, including Childrens Hospital Of Philadelphia before his diagnosis was determined. The entire spectrum was investigated - and the spectrum is a very intensive, very specific evaluation.
I know that I'm too closely involved with this to give a truly unbiased opinion, however to call autism the 'flavour of the month' is a little off base in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
CBS
N.Y Times
Medical news today

I don't think this is a new fad.I hear around 10 autistic commercials a day through radio and t.v.Hell listen to C2C and you hear ten there alone.

If this is not real i don't know whay they are pushing so hard.Maybe someone has a new autism vaccine they need to market?hrmmmmm i think were on to something.

Can a mod please change the word vheer to cheer in the title?I can't figure out how to edit it.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Where did you get those figures, Project Silo?

I asked you once, and you said

Originally posted by Project_Silo
CBS
N.Y Times
Medical news today

I looked at all three. None of them contain the figures you cite.

All the CBS article says is

Scientists have been revising how common they think the disorder is. Past estimates from smaller studies have ranged from 1 out of every 10,000 children to nearly 1 in 100.

It does not specify when these studies were conducted, nor does it imply that prevalence rates with respect to autism are rising anything like as steeply as the numbers in your post suggest.

The New York Times story suggests a much smaller, and far more credible, increase:

The study... is the most rigorous analysis to date of the disorders’ prevalence in the United States. It confirms recent estimates, which put the number at roughly one in 160 children — higher than the one-in-200 estimate made in the 1980s.

One in 200 in the 1980s. A rather higher prevalence than the one in 15,000 you claimed for ten years later -- and more in keeping with the present estimate, wouldn't you say?

The Medical News Today article gives figures for 2000 and 2002 only. They agree with those mentioned in the other two stories. Nothing like the wildfire increase you claim in your original post.

I don't think this is a new fad.I hear around 10 autistic commercials a day through radio and t.v.Hell listen to C2C and you hear ten there alone.

Thank you. You have just proved the point: it is a fad. Media-driven, yet.

If this is not real i don't know whay they are pushing so hard.

'They' are not 'pushing this so hard'; 'they' are reporting news. You know, CBS, it's a TV station. The Times is a newspaper. That's what they do, report news.

In this case, the news is about a rise by in diagnosed cases of 'autism spectrum disorders' (not autism alone but Asperger's Syndrome and 'developmental disorder', whatever that is, also) in the United States since the 1980s. This rise in the number of diagnoses does not necessarily mean that the condition is more prevalent:

Mulick said when he began treating autism in the 1970s about 3 children in 10,000 were said to have autism. Now, reports are 1 in 166 children have the condition. The number of cases has mushroomed because of better diagnoses, and a changing definition of autism that includes a broader range of disorders.

I took that quote from a Science Daily article about fad treatments for autism that quite clearly suggests that autism is, as I suggested, 'flavour of the month' among certain folk. The definition of 'autism' has become broader, so all of a sudden everyone's 'autistic'.

But all these sources are just media reports. Read the CDC's own summary of the study, which clearly states that

Recent findings reflect the expansion of the definition of autism to encompass a spectrum of disorders that might include co-occurring mental retardation (MR) or cognitive impairment, and the findings have challenged previously accepted ideas concerning the population characteristics of persons with ASDs

lombozo, please accept my best wishes on behalf of your son and his future. I am sure that in his particular case, the diagnosis of autism was not given lightly. I sincerely hope he becomes able to overcome or functionalize his condition to the point where he can be happy and as fully involved with life and other people as he chooses to be.

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Astyanax]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Iombozo:

It sounds like you made sure your son received a professional, competent diagnosis. He's more fortunate than he will probably ever know that you did this for him because it will make a world of difference in the way his life turns out. In your case, it sounds like everything was handled very competently and it sounds like you're probably getting good medical advice. That's excellent.

Right now, however, autism probably is being over diagnosed in the mental health care field as a whole. It's very tricky to make the diagnosis, especially in borderline cases. There have been a number of very important articles and studies published in the last 5 to 7 years about autism, and its diagnosis is being emphasized in conferences nationwide. Mental health professionals, even the competent ones (and sad to say not everyone is competent) are still only human.

The other diagnostic anomaly that is contributing to the increase in diagnosed cases is simply that professionals are now catching far more cases of true autism now than they would have ten, or even five, years ago. They're getting better at spotting it whereas they would have been more likely to miss the diganosis before.

There certainly are some smart people who think that traces of mercury in vaccines could be leading to an increase in cases of autism, and I can't discount that out of hand. To date, there is no compelling evidence to think so, and "Well there has to be some reason and that's the one that comes to mind", of course, doesn't cut it. There are no compelling, peer reviewed studies to support the claim. In fact, other environmental and dietary factors (especially considering most of the hotbeds in the cases of autism also happen to have seen spikes in chemical pollution in the past five to ten years) really seem more likely.

Either way, you're absolutely right when you point out that there is nothing "low maintenance" or "easy to handle" about autistic children or autistic adults. They are often intelligent, talented and wonderful people, but working with them and bringing them up is absolutely a challenge. God knows it can also be rewarding.

The bottom line is, there probably is a real increase in cases of autism, although that increase is probably not as drastic as some people claim for the reasons mentioned above. There is no plausible motive (as you point out) for the autism spike to be deliberately engineered, nor is there any reason to believe that such a spike could have been deliberately engineered.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
My own dear son, just turned 13, has been diagnosed as having Aspergers as well as ADHD and ODD and other unspecified behavioral disorders. The professionals have a hard time pinning down what exactly is wrong.

Right now he is in a residential treatment facility about a four hour drive from home as there are no facilities near here. He is the sweetest and most intelligent kid you can imagine, but he is ' different '. He has had such trouble in school that he had to be removed and get special help.

He has taken heavy meds since he was in the 3rd grade and many have been tried and few make a real difference. He knows he is ' different ' and feels like people can tell by the way he looks ( you cannot, he is perfectly normal looking, a handsome boy ) but he gets a bit paranoid about others looking at him and he will challenge anyone he feels is staring at him, whether true or not. He is never violent, but will speak out if he feels it is justified.

His older brother and sister are ' normal ' and I feel that the damned preservatives in the innoculations could well hold the key to the incredible rise in the rate of ASD's. My son is one of the really licky ones; he is very smart and can do the class work easily if he can keep from being distracted by others. He prefers adult company to kids and he does not show all of the symptoms of the Aspergers typical child, but has some of the traits. His mother, my ex, is a schizophrenic and I fear that he has inherited a tad of that psychotic disorder as well.

He will never be ' normal ' and that breaks my heart every day.Knowing that a sensitive, animal loving, kind, sweet, generous boy will never be able to live without help just kills me. He would be taken advantage of by the cruel and terrible people who have no souls and who tease and take advantage of those who are not as savvy and sharp as the rest..and there are so many cruel and awful people in this world. But we parents cannot shelter them forever, and they have to learn how to navigate a mean and cold world.

When my boy gets home in a couple of months and starts back to regular school, I pray that he will be able to resist the impulses and get thru the education process and into a trade; he is brilliant on computers and he has a memory you would not believe, so I am sure that with an understanding boss he could do a great job for some company. If it turns out that he has trouble getting along, all I can do is try and prepare things so when I am gone he will be able to live independently as much as possible and enjoy life to the greatest degree possible. It is a heartbreaking thing to have a special kid; they are so wonderful in many ways but society and other kids can just tear the soul apart with their misunderstandings of the symptoms and their cruel and heartless comments to those that are ' different '.

Maybe someday we will find out what is causing this explosion of ASD 's and find a way to prevent it, but for now it is becoming a terrible trend we are all very concerned about. Those of you with ' regular ' kids should get down and thank your God every night for that fact; living with a special child is an experience that no one would ask for, but the rewards of seeing my boy fulfill a goal or find a friend is joyful beyond words. My son has never had a buddy, or slept over at another kids house, or been asked to a party. He is all alone except for family. May God grant me the years to make sure that this precious boy reaches his full potential.

Thanks for listening.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

im sorry but you seem clueless.This is not a fad,and if it is it has huge motives because its all over the place.

From CBS .The first line on the page .."

(CBS/AP) About one in 150 American children has autism, an urgent public health concern, said U.S. health officials Thursday who reported on the largest study done so far on the troubling disorder. "

From Ny Times..Again first line on page.....

"About one child in 150 develops autism or a related disorder like Asperger’s syndrome by the age of 8, according to a study released yesterday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Medical news .YET AGAIN FIRST LINE ON THE PAGE.....

"The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) assess the prevalence of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs) in 14 communities throughout the States at 1 in 150 children."

You didnt even read the first line of any of the articles and you come to debate.heh

Anyway can a mod please change title.And im sorry to hear about your son.

AND YES THEY are pushing it hard.I here 10-15 public service announcements everyday about it.Not some news station,but goverment sponsored adds.This is fact.

Btw aspergers is part of autism.

MOD Please change title from vheering to cheering

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The reason we are currently seeing a surge in the number of reported cases of Autism since 1990 is in direct relation to a few seperate diagnostic influences. 1990 saw an upsurge in in the clinical definitions that could be classified as autistic disorders, meaning that Autism began to change into a spectrum disorder that could display many characteristics and could be summarized on a level of severity scale. Before the 90's, people with milder cases of Autism may not have been diagnosed as such, because they displayed very few diagnostic characteristics of typically known Autism cases. As more Physicians, Psychiatrists, and parents become aware of this issue there will naturally be an increase in the amount of known cases in the United States.

There appears to be very little correlation between vaccinations and Autism. Most studies have concluded that the MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) vaccine, which many think is responsible for the rise in the number of cases of Autism, is largely unsupported. Here are a few link to recent studies that show very little connection between the two:

World Health Organization

www.webmd.com

In response to the above article we see that Thimerosal, which is an organic coupound that contains trace amounts of Mercury, has largely been accredited with supposed problems associated with MMR vaccines and others. However, as the previous article notes, cases of Autism have remained level or been on the rise since this compound was taken out of MMR. This would effectively negate the idea that there is a connection between vaccines and Autism, whereas the numbers continue to rise even with a reduction in the amount of Thimerosal contained in vaccines. In support of this, we see that Thimerosal has been reduced in many US vaccines here:

Vaccine Safety: Thimerosal

I see no evidence that shows Vaccines or the compounds found in them contribute to the rise of Autism. Most vaccines contain live attenuated viruses, deadened viruses, or synthethically grown viruses, which help the immune system recognize certain viral infections and help fight them off. As pointed out earlier about the rise of Autism; I believe it is due to new guidelines established to help identify cases of Autism that may not have been found before the early 90's.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I dont think the relaxed guidelines could account for a rate increase of 5,000 every 5 years.I mean come on.

I say maybe 50% of the 5k could be accounted for the relaxed guidelines.You honestly think a increase of 5,000 could all be from the more relaxed guidelines?And lets be real here,these guidlines dont make tons of other symptoms or deseases count as autism.

The fact is if they diagnose you with autism then you have autism.So what is this giant increase?

Or is there no increase what so ever but somebody has a vaccine and are sitting back waiting to strike gold?

I think there is no doubt that autism has increased.There is no way the loosend guidelines could account for the huuuuuge increases every year.But it obviously does increase the numbers,i will not deny that.

And as far as the vaccines being safe,i personally have no friggen idea.I have to believe the word of the goverment,or some doctors/experts/and joe blows like myself.And at current rate i see no reason to believe a single word from my goverment.

I just think its kind of odd how the baby shots coincide with the radio advertisements and tv adds about how your baby should be doing so and so at this many months old.To strange,also how bush vetod the bill to take the mercury componet out of vaccines.

AND again.mod please change the title!Change the word vheering to cheering....

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Clueless indeed

I dont think the relaxed guidelines could account for a rate increase of 5,000 every 5 years.I mean come on.

You call me clueless, yet you keep on quoting this nonsensical figure, which is not stated in any of the reports you cite.

This massive increase you claim is imaginary and your 'rate increase of 5,000' is just pulled out of the air. Your baseless opinion is actually contradicted by the sources you cite.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Here are a few graphs I foundon the growth rates of Autism. However, I have not had time to check the credibility of the source, so forgive me if these are not accurate. They essentially cover the rate of reported cases of Autism from 1992 to 2003.

Autism Demographics in the US

...more graphs

Another link from the National Institute of Mental Health with a bit of scattered information:

NIH

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You are completely clueless.LOL my figures are accurate.I have heard it over and over again on the radio and tv.Do not come here and try to make it look like i have no idea what im saying.

www.cdc.gov...

Also you did not even read the first line of any of my links so psshhh.

Anyway there is no denying it is at 1 in 150 and will be increasing.WHY OH WHY>

Thank you to whatever mod chnaged the title for me.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Where's the beef, Silo?

You are completely clueless.

Perhaps. Nevertheless, the data supports what I say, not what you claim.

LOL my figures are accurate.

Funny, then, that they don't appear in any of the sources you quote. If you're so sure of your figures, show us where you found them.

Or is this where you found them?

I have heard it over and over again on the radio and tv.

Ah, yes, those two utterly trustworthy sources of information.

Do not come here and try to make it look like i have no idea what im saying.

I'm not 'trying to make it look'. I'm showing.

www.cdc.gov...

This link doesn't contain the figures you quote either.

Also you did not even read the first line of any of my links so psshhh.

I did not just read the first line, I read the entire link in every case. I think the difference is that I understood what the links were saying, and you did not.

Anyway there is no denying it is at 1 in 150 and will be increasing.

Some CDC studies suggest the prevalance is about 1 in 150. The CDC itself is careful to claim that the studies may not be representative of the United States as a whole -- you are not.

And nowhere in the CDC report does it state that 'autism spectrum disorders' are increasing; the point is that these disorders may be more widespread than it is thought. It's impossible to state with confidence whether they are increasing or not, because the historical data are not comparable.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Meh im done arguing with you.Thanks for ruining the thread.Anyway you are wrong i have heard those numbers for 3 yrs now.ON BOTH RADIO AND TV.

And ya sure it supports your claims.How would you know you prolly didnt even read the article just like all the times above.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The reason that there are so many more cases of autism now, in my opinion is that it is now easier to diagnose the disorder. In the past years children with insufficient social skills were just deemed to be strange and no further investigation was conducted.

new topics

top topics

join