It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typo's...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I've noticed that I've been making a lot of typo's lately. Could be that I'm always rushing to type in a post, or that I'm sick & tired of this job I'm in here...
:bnghd:

Anyway...

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
... the use of an apostrophe to indicate a plural form being an example?

Sorry, thought I would come in with something pedantic in support of your mission. Typos don't bother me that much. It does seem nice though when people care enough to reread their prepared post before clicking the Submit or Post Reply buttons.

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I know what you mean. just lately , over the last few weeks I keep typing and as nad and have as hvae . I usually do a spell check on my posts in word though.
I'm getting all the right letters in there but it's like my fingers are trying to type so fast that sometimes one will get ahead of the other.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ok. Not to sound like I'm trying to form a conspiracy theory, but....I have noticed that I am making more and more mistakes typing over the last 3 or 4 months.
(I just counted 6 and corrected them when writing the above sentences!!!!)
What's the deal? I know it's not fatigue. Do you all remember the article a few months back about some scientists discovered that the spelling of wrods

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
and so it begins.......

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I hate it when people post with all these really really bad grammar and spelling mistakes. I won't mention any names...

I tink I mdae a thred abot typoos a whle ago.

edit: here it is! www.belowtopsecret.com...

[Edited on 1-17-04 by Saucerat]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
But I think that the point is that we are people that weren't making typos before but for some reason we seem to have lost full control over our fingers.
It does seem strange that it's been since the article that darklanser mentioned that I seem to be making more mistakes. I sometimes play a game called Isketch which is a kind of online pictionary. I have to be able to type really quickly to be the first to guess the word and get my points, and I've noticed that I've had the same problem on there .

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
That was exactly my point pantha...thanks !! I didn't use to make as many typos. It's as if my brain and my fingers are not on the same wavelength. I am great at spelling and grammar, just not in the last 3-4 months. I was really starting to think I was developing dyslexia.
I looked into it a few months back. Now that I hear others that it's happening to..I don't feel as bad.

and dreamlandmafia...wtf do you mean by your comment? I was half joking when I mentioned conspiracy.

Don't be a d c k.

Btw....did you notice that the letters c and k if typed next to each other are considered vulgar and are censored by ATS/BTS???
ck ck ck ck ck ck ck ck ck ck ck ck ck
Someone must not like Calvin Klein.

[Edited on 1-18-2004 by darklanser]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
They are? suck? is censored?

I got my censor turned off... so never knew lol hmm

Tuck is censored?

as in tuck in your ____

Man last 4 months my typing HAS been #.

So many tiny typos that I don't even bother with, like instead of say, I type saw, or instead of buy, I do but...

hehe

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
No lysergic...I mean just the two letters next to each other. It's also bizarre that only every other one was censored !!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

"Language is a Virus.
We must find out what words are and how they function.
They become images when written down,
but images of words repeated in the mind
and not of the image of the thing itself
."
- William S. Burroughs

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
actually now that I've talked about my typo problem it seems to have cured it's self at least for now anyway. I've probably jinxed myself now though.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Great...now HAARP is making us all bad typists!!!

it seems to have cured it's self at least for now anyway. I've probably jinxed myself now though.

Yep, "it's self" should be "itself"

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
OMG I knew I spoke to soon. I should have touched wood as I said it then I would have been alright.

is this post ok ? spell check please.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

is this post ok ? spell check please?

Well, technically, you have two separate sentences there and neither begin with a capital letter.

("is" should be "Is" and "spell" should be "Spell")

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
OK smarty pants now you're just being picky

top topics

join