It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Nuke Plant Guard found Snoozing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

US Nuke Plant Guard found Snoozing

news.yahoo.com

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - A federal inspector found an armed guard asleep at a gate inside the Indian Point nuclear power plants but officials said Monday there was no security breach.

The inspector spent two minutes trying to rouse the unnamed guard Sunday afternoon before the guard "stood up and opened his eyes," said Neil Sheehan, spokesman for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

The five-year veteran was alone on the second of three security rings around the two plants in Buchanan,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
He must have been exhausted to take 2 minutes to wake him up.
The article goes on to say how other security measures were in place at the time,and that no security was breached.
A tad worrying none the less.
Hopefully this isn't a regular occurrence.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Straight out of the Simpsons. Poor Homer, he needs his rest.

We all live in Springfield.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
oh no,i hope not gottago

This has to be an isolated incident-let us pray there are no dough nuts involved.
Hehe,

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gottago

OMG- ROFLMAO!

Couldn't resist.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hehehe,top one AccessDenied-
You know the guard in question is gonna be called Homer for life,by wife, friends, colleguesEtc,haha

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yeah, good point.

He's branded for life now.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
HAHAHA- A picture always speaks louder than words.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hell Guys,I actually feel a bit guilty about drawing attention to this story.
Hope the Guy isn't an ATS member and read the thread...

Its probably not his fault,maybe he had been on 38 hour shifts for months or something.
They should sort out the higher ups,and make sure they don't let staff get overworked if that was the case.

Regardless,he is now HOMER 4Life!! Hehe.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
MMMMMM beer.... Sorry just had too ROFLMAO....HAHAHAHA!

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
oh no,i hope not gottago

This has to be an isolated incident-let us pray there are no dough nuts involved.
Hehe,

LOL LOL LOL

You went to public school right??

Notice this happened in the afternoon. Where I work and the hours I work people often say it is the night shifts that do all the sleeping.

I am currently working 6pm to 6am. I have been here at this job long enough to not be impressed with day shift peoples. There is just as much sleeping and sleepy heads on days as any other shift.

I remember one time where some dummy in scheduling put me in a class for two days on days shift for 8 hours. At that time I was working 11pm to 7am shifts. I went straight to my class after working a 8 hour shift. About half of these day shift people couldnt keep thier eyes open. I had to laugh. Get most people in a position where they have to sit down for awhile and it is lights out. THe only saving grace about these two days was that I was getting another two days worth of time and a half in addition to my 40 hours. Thats 16 hours of time and a half. But I learned alot in that class about day shift folks.

This is not as isolated as you think. Its a good thing you dont know the "rest of the story."

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

join