It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens And UFOs On Government Postage Stamps!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Now this seems pretty bizarre. On the one hand we are led to believe by our governments that the whole subject of UFOs and extraterrestrials is nonsensical, silly and a hoax. On the other, they are issuing stamps featuring aliens and their craft!

Images courtesy: Forteantimes

More Stamps here…

So what’s up? Why are governments doing this? But more important, are these genuine postal stamps? Can a philatelist throw some light on this? If they are, then we need an explanation, don’t you think?

Ref:
www.forteantimes.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
If the stamps are authentic it is most strange dont you think?I mean ridiculing a subject and then placing it on trusted government issued postage?Kind of bi-polar or a message???

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Very cool

Still, it seems like it's still the US government that does most of the ridicule on the subject, and I didn't see any US stamps in there.

Might I suggest a Sports Model as seen here...

Link

...?

[edit on 8/28/2007 by uv777bk]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Actually, what about this...

Link

It's hardly official, though

[edit on 8/28/2007 by uv777bk]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
my guess, the governments are trying to break it to us gently (i just figured the paradox -> gentle government). trying to avoid mass hysteria which would flare up if they go bluntly 'we have proof that aliens do exist!'.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Some governments see postage stamps as a revenue source. San Marino, for example, makes stamps that are highly sought after by collectors. My favorite of this bunch is the FAKE Billy Meier UFO on the Turkmenistan stamp. I have the same photo hanging up in my house.

[edit on 8/28/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by uv777bk
Actually, what about this...

Link

It's hardly official, though

Wow!
Is that the real thing? You said 'hardly' official. What does that imply?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
good find, it seems to me people around the world arent stupid, they know the et presence is real and arent afraid to show their feelings about it through the art work on their stamps

new topics

top topics

join