It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Warns US Will Confront 'Nuclear Iran'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by pavil
Until Iran leaves the NPT, they are bound to it (the NPT), if we are to take them at their word. Would you not agree?

I agree. The question is, why don't they opt out then? What would it cost them?

Problem is, you have to give 6 months notice to leave the NPT. 6 months is plenty of time to cause alot of trouble under the auspices of a breach of NPT regulations.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Problem is, you have to give 6 months notice to leave the NPT. 6 months is plenty of time to cause alot of trouble under the auspices of a breach of NPT regulations.

6 months is little time considering how long they've been active in their nuclear quest. They'ld be out by Valentines Day if they opted out now. What I mean is, if they opt out will they automatically be hit with sanctions?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

6 months is little time considering how long they've been active in their nuclear quest. They'ld be out by Valentines Day if they opted out now. What I mean is, if they opt out will they automatically be hit with sanctions?

That's what I meant.

6 months is plenty of time for those against Iran to do whatever they please in relation to stopping them.

They would even likely use the leaving of the NPT as evidence of a "weapons programme"

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

6 months is plenty of time for those against Iran to do whatever they please in relation to stopping them.

well, the French have given support for a military strike. The rest of the EU will probably back the call.

So the US has a reason and support to strike.

[edit on 28-8-2007 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Thanks Stu. I get it. So opting out could be potential suicide. Damn "catch 22".

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well, if anyone would have studied Sarkozy like I did 2 years ago, you would have know that he was financed by US neo-con organisation, he was represented in Bilderberg in 06, it was sure that he was going to be elected and that he would give up France's sovergnity to the European Union and follow the neo-cons into wars in the middle-east, he's also a big zionist.

Ron Paul is pretty sure that the neo-cons will attack Iran before the Bush administration is over.

And when Bush is talking about nuclear holocaust, he surely means an Israëli or American nuclear attack on Iran? Because Iran doesn't have nukes and won't have nukes.

[edit on 28-8-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is shaping up to look exactly like our engagement in Iraq, only now, the threat of WMD may, in fact, be real. I'm beginning to feel, like most of you do allready, that this has been planed since we landed in Afganistan. I honestly don't know if we can survive the next 17 months anymore.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well, if we do go to Iran, then PNACs whole Afghan-Iraq-Iran "step one" program was successful, Pearl Harbor event and all.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

well, the French have given support for a military strike. The rest of the EU will probably back the call.

The French is just one country China and Russia have much to lose with an US intervention, because the financial power that China now holds on America if they do not want a confrontation of the US against Iran they will be able to dictate US policies.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The French is just one country China and Russia have much to lose with an US intervention, because the financial power that China now holds on America if they do not want a confrontation of the US against Iran they will be able to dictate US policies.

Crash the U.S. economy, China crash itself.

There is only one America.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

The problem is that up today American patriots still believe that American is the one on top of all and over all.

But our own deceiving practices have made posible to sell out America to the foreign nations like China.

No, China will be impacted but they will not crash.

China is now our banker, they have enough invested in our debt that in order for the US to wag another multibillion dollar war they will need a country like China to finance that debt.

Sad, very sad, thanks to globalization our nation opened our nations wealth to be exploited by other foreign nations taking our wealth producing capabilities oversea.

Now we are a nation of full of debt, and is Nations like Japan and China the ones that made possible for the US to keep spending on wars.

When China officials threatened the US with the Nuclear Option it was not a joke, they are in a position of power that with liquidating US holdings they can put enough pressure on Congress to get a desirable response.

Sad, very sad.

Our billion military spending has not defense against a China Nuclear threat when it comes to finances.

When you have a nations that hold 44% of US debt that is enough to influence our nations policies, especially China.

Sad, very sad.

[edit on 28-8-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
I am glad that Iran has nuclear capacity finally. They have energy needs as well as military needs. I think that it is naieve(sp?) that the leaders of the U.S think that Iran should not be 'allowed' to have nuclear weapons or energy. The U.S is just as dangerous as Iran is if not more, imo. So I congratulate them for achieve-ing nuclear status it will be a great benefit to their people, they have been left in the dark for too long.

It is every countries right to have nuclear power. Not just the countries that the U.S okays imo.

I agree.

Historically, there is only one country which has dropped a full blown nuke on another country - the USA.

Iran with nuclear weapons? Does not bother me at all. How dare they have the audacity to have exactly what the US already has - nuclear power and weapons. The hypocrisy is amazing.....and the number of people who have bought into what the news media tells you is also amazing.....the Iranians are coming to get you! lol

USA have dropped a nuclear bomb. Israel was created in contravention of so many international laws it isnt funny.

But dont trust the Iranians. PAH-LEASE.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The problem is that up today American patriots still believe that American is the one on top of all and over all.

But our own deceiving practices have made posible to sell out America to the foreign nations like China.

No, China will be impacted but they will not crash.

China is now our banker, they have enough invested in our debt that in order for the US to wag another multibillion dollar war they will need a country like China to finance that debt.

Problem is that the U.S. will not be able to pay back that debt. Just like banks loan money and don't get to see that money returned because the person receiving that loan will never pay back which means the bank can't do crap. And to say that China will be impacted but not crash, well look at where China depends on where it generated its large funds...from U.S. importing Chinese goods. So if Americans and the U.S. govt. cannot afford to buy anymore, then China cannot continue to sell to a country that has no money. There is no other country like America, there is only one America. Do you expect Europe to be like America and start buying Chinese goods quickly and massively?

[edit on 28-8-2007 by deltaboy]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Still Deltaboy, our nation will need money to finance a war on Iran, that money at this point in time will be in the hands of the foreign nations that finance us.

And sadly China is the one right now financing our debts. . . because Japan already holds too much and can not afford to hold anymore specially with the housing bubble crashing.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by fweshcawfee

'Why not do it? Everyone seems to be of the opinion that any decisions which take place in the U.N. are a direct extension of Bush and that no other nations have a say-so in anything whatsoever. '

Well, for the most part, that's correct. The security council is what we're really talking about here: and the US has dominated it since the end of the Cold War - now we have a South Korean diplomat running the place too. 3 points for anyone who can tell me the name of the one foreign power in South Korea?......Correct!! Hey - ain't that a strange coincidence?

Let's not try to insult people's intelligence by trying to play all innocent & coy......not everyone here is a US citizen, y'know..

J.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

So the US has a reason and support to strike.

[edit on 28-8-2007 by infinite]

I disagree. Just because the new frech prez (who is pro Bush, by the way - ie. in Bush's pocket) makes the statement - does NOT automatically mean anything of the sort really. The EU is just a federation - not an actual country. It's also a federation of many different cultures and political nuances; and I really can't see too many of them going along with something like that just because a french leader who, to be fair, is deeply unpopular even in his own country makes a stupid statement like this for his masters in Washington.

J.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
There is no other country like America, there is only one America. Do you expect Europe to be like America and start buying Chinese goods quickly and massively?

The EU is just as big a trading partner with China as the US, almost.

21% of Chinese trade goes to the US with 20% going to the EU.

Although, 21% is alot of trade to lose. Not sure anyone could take up the slack. Probably why China is courting African and S.American countries and investing there. Build them up so they buy Chinese goods.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT

Originally posted by wantsome
Lets suppose the United States allows Iran to build nuclear weapons how would they conduct thierselves once they achieved thier goal?

1 They would probobly theaten Israel with more intent becuase thier doing it now.

2 Sell them or give them to someone that would use them against the United States and thier alies.

3 Hold the region hostage to get thier way.

Irans history speaks for itself.

spoken like a true fox news viewer

go forth and spread the message my son

can I quote you on that - oh I just did!
Honestly I don't watch Fox news and I dispise Rupurt Murdoc and the Moral Majority right wing. I watch CNN and MSNBC. Although I don't belive half the stuff I see in the news alot of it's nothing but biased BS. I aslo don't like G.W. Bush or 99% of the presidential runners. But I do belive Iran poses a threat to my country thier history and haterd for the west speaks for itself.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

The EU is just as big a trading partner with China as the US, almost.

21% of Chinese trade goes to the US with 20% going to the EU.

Although, 21% is alot of trade to lose. Not sure anyone could take up the slack. Probably why China is courting African and S.American countries and investing there. Build them up so they buy Chinese goods.

Good point there Stumason, however the Chinese are investing in those countries in need of natural resources, not encouraging people too poor to buy Chinese goods.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Good point there Stumason, however the Chinese are investing in those countries in need of natural resources, not encouraging people too poor to buy Chinese goods.

Now, yes. But once Chinese money flows into those countries that are selling to China, they'll want "consumer" goods as their wealth grows. Who'll be on hand to supply them?

China.

Long term plan.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join