It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Warns US Will Confront 'Nuclear Iran'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Bush Warns US Will Confront 'Nuclear Iran'

news.sky.com

George Bush has warned that letting Iran acquire nuclear weapons risked putting the Middle East "under the shadow of a nuclear holocaust".
(visit the link for the full news article)

From the same article:

'Iran Is Now Nuclear'

news.sky.com

Mr Ahmadinejad also said that "Iran is a nuclear Iran" after achieving full proficiency in the nuclear fuel cycle.

He then warned the West that dialogue and friendship - not threats - were the right way to deal with Iran.

[edit on 28-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This comes on comments by the French that they are prepared to take military action if Iran becomes nuclear.

news.sky.com

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Guess I should put my edit in red so its more noticible.

Anyway, here is another link I found to the story.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Guess I should put my edit in red so its more noticible.

Anyway, here is another link I found to the story.

When I posted, your edit wasn't up yet

from your link;

This was apparently aimed at Bush;

"You saw that your coercion ... was futile," Ahmdinejad said. "Some wicked and selfish leaders stood arrogantly behind the podium to say, 'we won't let them do this' ... You sold out your prestige and stood against a cultured nation... I recommend that don't repeat this ugly behavior."

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It would be interesting for him to define exactly what "fully possesses the whole nuclear fuel cycle" is supposed to mean in reality.

Don't mean to make fun of him, but the statement is pretty vauge, don'cha think?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Don't mean to make fun of him, but the statement is pretty vauge, don'cha think?

I still think the whole nuclear program is a bluff by the Iranians to try and provoke the West into some sort of action.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Interesting, and I had to laugh when I read this part:

During a press conference, Mr Ahmadinejad said the US president was a "wicked, selfish and arrogant" leader who has abused the UN Security Council in a push to stop Iran's nuclear programme.

Excuse my dry sense of humor but I think they should put a billboard in front of the U.N. saying something like this:

"This place is periodically occupied exclusively by George W. Bush, if you see any representatives here of any nations other than America it is only an illusion done via camera tricks."

Why not do it? Everyone seems to be of the opinion that any decisions which take place in the U.N. are a direct extension of Bush and that no other nations have a say-so in anything whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
if this was true wouldnt it be all over the news? and so what iran should be alloud to nuclear power 100% support from me

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is a very interesting development to say the least. If this is true, it almost seems that Iran has waited for final inspections from the IAEA to bolster their claim the the technology is exclusively for peaceful purposes.

While I do feel that Iran is entitled to create its own nuclear energy, one also must remember that the constant rhetoric coming from officials that boast the urge for destruction of other countries should be cause for the international community to scrupulously question and regulate Iran's nuclear program. Iran has given the world no reason to trust its intentions.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Iran has also announced today that they are ready to fill the power vacuum that is coming in Iraq. This means that they do not care that we are there and that they are preparing to fight. They are waiting for us to attack so they can go into Iraq and we are waiting for them to go into Iraq in order to justify strategic miliraty airstrikes and cruise launches.

It is a chess game that has the Soviet Union again on alert and Pakistan ready to arm terrorists with nucklear weapons and India renewing relations with the US. It is coming. The last piece is France and the statement that a bombing capaign may be needed. this is not the ushering of the NWO, but the preparation for the last world war.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I don't think no one has responded to this statement from Iran yet.

It's going to be interesting.

And for Iran willing to go into Iraq, well...things could get ugly fast.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Iran has also announced today that they are ready to fill the power vacuum that is coming in Iraq. This means that they do not care that we are there and that they are preparing to fight. They are waiting for us to attack so they can go into Iraq and we are waiting for them to go into Iraq in order to justify strategic miliraty airstrikes and cruise launches.

I dont think that we are going to have to wait very much longer for the attack that the US is preparing for, we pretty much know that before long the strike is going to happen it's just a matter of when.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
It is a chess game that has the Soviet Union again on alert and Pakistan ready to arm terrorists with nucklear weapons and India renewing relations with the US.

Off topic:

You don't want to play Chess with Iran. Didn't Persia came up with the game, originally called Shahs a.k.a Kings?

On topic:

I don't know what to believe, I'll just wait and see, as before.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
This comes on comments by the French that they are prepared to take military action if Iran becomes nuclear.

That is an interesting change for France. In the past there was talk of France's trade relationship with Iran and desire to not interfere in the Middle East.

When the US decided to send the wake up call to Libya many years ago, France would not let the US planes cross their airspace. Now it appears France is a go for attack against a 'terrorist' nation.

A change of heart through fear?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

He also attacked recent US criticism of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's unsuccessful efforts to reconcile the country's divided Sunnis, Shi'ites and Kurds.

From original post.

Sunnis, Shi'ites and Kurds. O My.

Yes, why don't the make 3 states in one country...

Do you think they are united now?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
That is an interesting change for France.

This threat from France is news to me too, and must have just happened.

Here is an article about the threat from the new French President in his first speech dated today.

www.chron.com...

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad warned the West that dialogue and friendship - not threats - were the right way to deal with Iran.

Likely to fall on deaf ears.
It will be interest to hear the reactions from the west, especially the Americans.

I would say he needs to take his own advice when it comes to Israel.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

That is an interesting change for France. In the past there was talk of France's trade relationship with Iran and desire to not interfere in the Middle East.

When the US decided to send the wake up call to Libya many years ago, France would not let the US planes cross their airspace. Now it appears France is a go for attack against a 'terrorist' nation.

A change of heart through fear?

New Prime Minister, new agenda? new friends?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
here's a link to the exact Same message made back in->> 10 August 2005

www.payvand.com...

the President, the Islamic Republic, the Supreme Leader
...all stated that Iran is a full nuclear fuel cycle technology holder...

exclusively for peaceful purposes...

& will remain a non-nuclear weapon state...
according to a Fatwa issued
by the Supreme Leader

? why do they keep repeating themselves ?
is Iran echoing these declarations so the world will look at the USA as the antagonist & aggressor ?

[edit on 28-8-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Why I have the feeling that it smells like propaganda, to set the stage for a possibility of a terrorist attack on US soil and the rights to retaliate against Iran.

Yes. . . September is just around the corner.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hey, I got an idea, how about we just ignore them? you know, let Admahameamahedameinhadeamajed do his own thing, and explore nuclear power if he wants to. Last time I checked, our countries over here, not over there, and there wouldn't be ANY terrorist attacks over here, if it wasnt for us being over there.

So let him do what he wants, its not my problem, and it shouldn't our countries problem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join