It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe our Government on Domestic Terrorism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
They say it's going to happen... There other bits in the news about secret stock market deals, betting on a massive loss. Iran is sabre rattling smart bombs. The Counter-terrorism agency says it's out there, but they don't know anymore than that. There are not-so-Secret Troop Movements in Washington and Key White house staff, as well as some Congressional staff are leaving Washington around Early September. Did the Attorney General Leave just-in-time, so that he could serve later?

In my opinion, Homeland Security would be so useless, if they took our rights away only to not find the terrorists.

Is there going to be a legit attack, or is the government that terrorism threat?

Is this all a grand scheme for the "Bush's, and Cheney types" of the nation, to stay in power well-past the presidency, ala V for Vendetta?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the question is, do YOU believe there is really a Terrorist threat to our nation? Or is OUR Government the agent of Domestic Terrorism through mass-marketed fear, or an actual Government sponsored terrorist event?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This book comes highly recommended as a concise discussion of geostrategic political events before, during and after the attacks on 9/11. I've just read it and in answer to your question "Do you believe our Government on Domestic Terrorism?": no.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1/102-3799111-8295357?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1188307521&sr=8-1

[edit on 28-8-2007 by Skunky]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Firstly, ADHDsux4me, I will fess up I'm not in the US...

As I've posted on a recent post about airport security and terrorist threats, in Australia at least, I believe airport security and the "perceived" risk of a terrorist attack to be total and complete overkill...

Mind you, this is just MHO, so dont go asking for quotes or links to prove the risk is minimal and so on...

I base my opinion on the complete lack of serious terrorist threats in Australia since the "War of Terror (love you Borat
))" has begun.

Peace

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ADHDsux4me
Do you believe our Government on Domestic Terrorism?

Well I can't answer for the US, but would tend to think it was not dissimilar to the UK.

In short "No".

Its not to say that there are not fanatics out there willing to die for their cause whilst taking out as many UK/US citizens in the process, but would have to question "How many?".

If the threat was as bad as the governments and media are making out, surely we should be seeing the results or attempts on a very regular basis.

It wouldn't be that difficult to cause complete chaos and disruption in London, and don't believe it to be any different in the states.

I'm far more likely to be stabbed by a brainless hoodie than suffer at the hands of terrorists, its a shame they don't spend as much on countering anti-social behaviour as they do scaremongering.

[edit on 28-8-2007 by Koka]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Iran just announced it's full nuclear capability.

Well now it seems the time is ripe for one of three things.

1. Either Iran will send over a nuke, by the way of suitcase style here or Iraq, or traditional payload style on the Troops in Iraq.

2. The other way, the U.S. uses this as an advantageuos time to implicate Iran in a Staged Domestic Terror Event.

3. Or nothing at all, and we remain in our apathetic fear.

Either way 1 and 2 are a pretext for nuclear war, to re-pave the oilfields of the middle east, tighten control on Western/democracy citizens with a police state, and to keep Bush in power before there is a legitmate succesor announced for the soon to be "Postponed until some unknown time" elections. Then there will be another incident to keep those that are in power, remaining in power.

It's a brilliant stroke, if the masses buy it.

George Senior, remains the architect behind the curtain yet again...

[edit on 28-8-2007 by ADHDsux4me]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
What happened to our opinionated masses? Is this that scary of a topic to address?

"If you are afraid to add your opinion, then perhaps they have succeeded."

-ADHD

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Domestic Terrorism....

In my honest opinion, I believe our Government has repeatedly known of events to happen, allowing them to happen in order to bolster support for the war machine.

Absolutely no way do I honestly believe there's a real threat of domestic terrorism... at least from foreign countries. In my opinion, domestic terrorism falls directly in line with part of each and every single oath taken by Governmental officials, and military servicemen... "against all enemies, both foreign and domestic."

"State sponsored" fearmongering is what we see today. What better way to further one's own agenda, then to keep the people of a nation living in perpetual fear.

The only possibly way for actual acts of terrorism, domestically, is what the Current Administration is leading us into... meaning... Our military was sent to invade and occupy a Nation, supposedly to "liberate" (or at least that was one of the lies given) all the while killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people. The reaction by the "insurgents" in Iraq, in my opinion, are simply Iraqis expressing their anger to an occupying force for killing their families. For Christ's sake, if another nation invaded my country, killed scores of innocent lives... I'd pay retribution as well. An eye for an eye. It's part of the human spirit. Our Government knew of this reaction, and played the American people for all they were worth on 9/11.

new topics

top topics

join