It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clear UFO pics from Hot Air Balloon Cornwall UK.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Hi all,

I'll do the usual 'did a search and couldn't find this one', looked a few times actually but nothing. I receive email Newsletters from Billy Booth occasionally and these pictures really caught my eye.

The images are from a woman claiming that herself and Husband were in a Hot Air Balloon with friends at around 2000 feet in altitude (Believable good start eh?) when they spotted what they thought to be a plane.

Grabbing her husbands camera she took a burst of images:

"The photographs were taken with my husband Canon SLR. It has a high speed motordrive on it and it went mad when I pushed the shutter down. He is a keen horse photographer and uses it when taking pictures of jumping horses"

I don't know if her husband was expecting to photograph jumping horses at 2000 feet but who am i to argue. Anyway take a look here:

www.ufocasebook.com...

The best one is below:

You might note a slight hint of sarcasm in my post but this kind of stuff is becoming the norm now and i want to blow it out of the water if more people are trying to dupe us. Just looking at the above image zoomed in I can see a clear line around the UFO as if it has been pasted on in Photoshop, could be wrong.

[edit on 28/8/07 by October]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I inverted it and found a boundary trace all around the object.

When you look at the original you can see that there is a slight colouration difference between the object boundary and the clouds.

I'd suggest its been photoshopped, but anyway, the inversion is here;

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I don't know what to think...It looks like real but, my instinct is telling me that this is CGI... =\

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
In my opinion, these photographs are all fakes.

The biggest clue is in the last two pictures. The hoaxer used two photographs: one to make the first image, and another one to make the last two - that's the problem.
Although the UFO changes position, the background (sky in this case) does not.

This could not happen naturally, it's impossible. If the photos are real, it implies that the photographer's hand is completely steady - something which would be hard enough anyway, let alone on a hot air balloon - which would be in motion.

Here is a GIF animation to prove this...

The photographer claims that the photos were taken on a Canon SLR, note the absence of a DSLR - was this a film camera? If so, why haven't the negatives been made avaliable?
A DSLR camera can usually shoot more than three frames per second, that means that the camera can take a burst of photos very quickly with almost no delay between each shot, even so, there would have been at least some hand movement between each shot, regardless of how quickly they were taken.

I don't know what to think...It looks like real but, my instinct is telling me that this is CGI... =\

It looks like CGI to me. It's hard to explain, but it simply doesn't look real. It just looks wrong - whether that's because of the poorly replicated shadows/lighting or whatever - it just has that typical "CGI feeling".

There are few other things about the "UFO" which bother me. Take a look at the thick white line around the UFO. What's that?

Also, notice the dark blue section at the base... Why is this section of the "UFO" dark? In my opinion, this was a bad attempt at adding depth to the "UFO". To me however, they just appear as two different colours - that's why it was a bad attempt...

[edit on 28-8-2007 by JH80]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hey good detective work JH80! More fakes eh, thats not surprising!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Old post and i'm sorry if its not allowed as a bump but I know how this was done.

The giveaway is the sky. To the guys that said it was cgi, they are on the money. The sky is a sky image included with the materials library in 3ds max by autodesk/discreet.

I suspect the craft was modelled and rendered with the sky as an included background. Kudos to those that said it was CGI. I only know because my nephew spotted it and is doing an animation course using this software.

Again, my apologies if I should not have bumped an old thread.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
You can get apps for your phone that add ufo's to any photo you have taken and clearly this is what has happened here, whoever made this needs his ass kicking and to be crippled for life for lying.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
old comment!
edit on 21-12-2012 by Dr X because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Sheesh! I'f they're gonna do it at least make it look slightly more realistic.

Its an invasion!!!

top topics

join