It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Footage Hundreds of UFO's what is going on here?!?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yea thats true too, although to counter that one could say they all look the same because of the over-zooming/ its merely the camera's physical optical aperture being seen at this extreme angle (?!)

I dunno its worth experimenting with a real video camera to see if its reproducible.

Again where is all this debris coming from (both into & out of the frame)!
I expect the debris to be flying AWAY from the broken tether..

Originally posted by hikix
reply to post by wildone106

...and why does every single bit of debris look exactly the same. When something gets destroyed, all the pieces of it are different shapes and sizes. Even if its been done to death, could this possibly be proof of E.T's?

[edit on 28-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yeah the over zoom explination is credible. It would explain why one of they seems transparent. But its overzooming on something far away, which is large, not dust.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yea thats what bothers me too! Its what- 12 miles away..the focus would be infinite then. Now where did the tether break..at the base, question is where is the base of the tether..on the orbiter or extended out on some kind of boom?
So would there be any debris close to the shuttle then?

Originally posted by Dr X
Yeah the over zoom explination is credible. It would explain why one of they seems transparent. But its overzooming on something far away, which is large, not dust.

[edit on 28-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Everytime this video is posted to ATS, I watch it in amazement.
It seems that space is TEAMING with living life-forms. The
zoom in on the tether looks very similar to what you'd see in a
drop of river water under a microscope.

Could it be possible that the Shuttle is running into and killing
life-forms unknowingly? After all, it's moving at thousands of
miles per hour. If these were hard, solid objects, the shuttle
would be destroyed the moment it entered space. So these
must be some kind of biological life-forms..Right?

Also, how in the heck does the shuttle camera, zoom in on
something this thin, 80 miles away and stay locked and focused
on it when the shuttle is moving away from the tether at a
very good clip? (75 miles apart and in less than a minute 81
miles apart). Must be some awesome tracking-optical technology
involved here.

All in all, this is THE BEST video (IMO) for proving that there
is life beyond our Earth biosphere.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I just thought I would post a link to a thread I posted a few weeks ago (same subject) which suprisingly got very little response. In it I clearly showed that the objects are not just floating about randomly as someone has previously mentioned. In the example I gave one of the objects clearly stops and heads back in the direction it had just came from anyway heres the link!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
A couple problems I have with this footage:

All though some people are saying that the fact that they are all identical objects and therefore must have required intelligent design is proof, i see this more so as evidence towards them being lense artifacts of some sort. All these objects appear to be discs with holes in the center and a indentation on the side but we can see these to distiguishing features perfectly on each object, never do we see them from the side on, so either their not actually physical craft but just consist of energy of some sort or they are all going in shot at the exact same angle in respect to the camera OR they are just dust particles from the various possible sources such as the broken tether, thrusters and the craft itself.

Also non of the objects ever seem to change their direction or speed and this obviosly points to a lack of intelligent operation. Now the assumption I'm guessing most people draw from this footage is that the objects are there to observe the experiment, if so, why drift by and not stick around to watch the whole thing or maybe whizz around and get several looks from different vantage points? This is why whenever i observe ufo videos I look for two things before dismissing it: 1, changes in direction and/or velocity and 2, the video continues until the craft is literally out of shot and is no longer possible to film.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiterabbit29

Yeah im surprised such little response on that thread also. We have a genuine video FROM SPACE of objects flying all around, and they are obviously not meteors, space dust, space particles whatever. Yet, the picture of a genuine brown ET people cannot shut up about.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorean
A couple problems I have with this footage:

This is why whenever i observe ufo videos I look for two things before dismissing it: 1, changes in direction and/or velocity and 2, the video continues until the craft is literally out of shot and is no longer possible to film.

See the example in the link Ive given above maybe you'll change your mind!

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

hikix

IAttackPeople is right, this is the famous sts 75 "tether incident," which indeed has been debated here to death.

That said, the footage was shot with special UV or IR (OTTOMH I can't remember which) DoD video cameras mounted on the shuttle Columbia for that missionand what is captured was invisible to the naked eye. It falls in with Terrance Constable's critters and suggests that the zone of near-space immediately above our outer atmosphere is indeed inhabited by some pretty weird lifeforms. Or some amazingly large, pulsating, direction-changing, and uniformly shaped ice crystals or lens flares.

Your choice depends upon your credulity, one way or the other.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Was this footage shot from the side or shot above the teether? If it was shot about the teether then that can explain why the saucers looks as if the are flying around sideways. Also, if you look at the thread the other member made, you can see that not all of them just "float by". Some stop, change directions, appear, and reappear.

Since its been talked about so much, are there any VALID conclusions on what they could possibly be?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Was this footage shot from the side or shot above the teether? If it was shot about the teether then that can explain why the saucers looks as if the are flying around sideways. Also, if you look at the thread the other member made, you can see that not all of them just "float by". Some stop, change directions, appear, and reappear.

Since its been talked about so much, are there any VALID conclusions on what they could possibly be?

Well the tether is the bright, long bar you see, so I don't really follow your line of questioning, but the story goes like this:

Once upon a time, NASA sent up a very expensive experiment which was a small spherical satellite attached to a "tether." The point of the experiment was to see if the solar wind would ionize the 12-mile-long panel that the satellite deployed, and therefore provide electric current. The satellite was actually tethered to the shuttle Columbia, but that tether broke (quite fortuitously in a safe place) because the amount of actual ionization was far larger than NASA's calculations and the experiment was basically overloaded. The long bar you see is actually not the tether itself but a thin solar panel.

Off the satellite floated, being recorded by those special DoD cameras. MC, which was receiving the feed, noticed all the "stuff" swimming around the solar panel, apparently attracted by the electrical charge, like fish rising to the surface of an aquarium when you toss in some flakes. Then you hear some leading questions about debris and ice crystals and "stuff swimming around in the foreground" and such-like. The cameras change focus and contrast, zoom in and out, quite obviously because what they are capturing is extraordinary. And, it should be noted, those "critters" remain constant throughout all those optical gymnastics.

It's very similar to another remarkable piece of footage, which was taken at the approach of MIR to the shuttle, when there was so much "stuff" zipping by in formation, slowing, stopping, and in static position in front of the earth, that they couldn't even locate Mir itself for several minutes.

But it's all ice crystals, don't worry.

[typos]

[edit on 28-8-2007 by gottago]

Dae

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago

That said, the footage was shot with special UV or IR (OTTOMH I can't remember which) DoD video cameras mounted on the shuttle Columbia for that missionand what is captured was invisible to the naked eye.

Yes, what we are seeing is in UV. Now the tether is supercharged and super luminous, those particles are also luminous but not as brightly. When one of the 'pacman' particles goes IN FRONT of the tether, it will appear to go behind it when in fact the tether is shining brightly through it. Its an illusion of the light.

Want to know the real conspiracy? What the hell was NASA thinking dragging a tether through space?? Were they expecting to recharge their ipods? Of course the tether got supercharged! What... do they think space is electrically dead? Did they think they were going to get some 'static charge' like when they walk through a department store?? [/rant (not directed at any poster here lol )]

Dae

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gottago

Yup, I agree, those 'pacman' thingies are very interesting and I would love to see us recreate the experiment (lol) and see them again, paying special attention to them this time. Serenda (sp?) is right about capturing them pulsing in specific states but I really dont think they are miles long, that I think is an optical illusion.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This one is from the mir, the footage isn't that great. Anyone analyze this video and see objects stopping in their tracks?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Also if you notice when the camera zooms out several of the disks seems to be pulsating with a bump going in and out. I don't think run of the mill space debris can do that can it?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leibolmai

Also, I thought this got addressed previously on ATS? I can't find the previous thread, but I know its not the first time that this video has come up.

I believe this discussion has been on here before. I think the reason that you may not be able to find it is because it may not have been "tagged".

I went ahead and put a couple tags on this one so that if might be easier to find later.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Cool, thanks. Obviously this has been discussed before here because it was such a big event.. but i've been here for about 9 months and haven't seen a thread on it.. so i decided to start one.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
What are those huge white blobs? And also there seems to be an awful lot of "meteorites"? zipping past at high speed all over the place, are those just random because in the space of the video I counted quite a few and imagine if the Mir or ISS got nailed with something like that it would be an unhappy ending..yet they never do? Something doesn't seem right.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
First let's clear up some facts here about where all the "junk" comes from. Space is freaking crowded!

Has a nice pie chart showing what causes impacts from an actual satelite used to measure this:
EURECA Impact study

Most of the tracked, still operational satelittes can be found here:
Nasa Java Applet

Quick refresher on Space Debris:
Space debris at wiki

My favorite quote from the latter:

"The largest space debris incident in history was the Chinese anti-satellite weapon (ASAT) test on January 11, 2007.[10] The event created more than 2000 pieces (updated 8/5/07) of trackable debris (approximately golf ball size or larger), estimates of over 1 million pieces 1mm or larger and over 35,000 pieces 1cm or larger. "

So please understand that on top of the natural micro-meteors and particles trapped by earth's gravitational field, there's plenty of man-made particles up there as well. Space around earth is by no mean's empty.

And one last point, these particles will not always travel in straight lines. In fact, those trapped by earth's gravity can/will travel in arcs (think how we use planets to sling shot satelites).
They will also stop, start, and change direction when impacted by smaller particles that can not always be seen by the naked eye. Small Mass can affect Larger mass if the smaller mass has greater velocity.

Cheers,

Leibolmai

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join