It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: He Went to Paris

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
PODcast:

He Went to Paris

A song i had 5 minutes to do before going out as I told intrepid I would. It is Jimmy Buffet's He Went to Paris. Not my best but nt my worst after about 6 years of rusting away. Ah man it was a mission. My guitar strings need replacing, and so it seems my voice LOL but i rushed, did 2 takes and i had to leave so please excuse the quality. My voice needed warming and practice and i am ashamed to even post this but My wife, bless her lol, said it was good enough hehehe

length: 02:42
file: btsmpod_2543.mp3
size: 2549k
feed: btsm

[edit on 27/8/2007 by shearder]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
One of my ALL TIME Favorite Songs!

Springer...

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
One of my ALL TIME Favorite Songs!

Springer...

I really wish i had practiced it more then

I was so rusty but gave it a shot

So can i assume you liked it or did i torture you Springer?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Nice man, REALLY nice. If you don't mind, how about some more? I'm subscribing this. Your acoustic play is EXCELLENT!

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Thanks a TON intrepid means a lot! Ok i will do another - How about That'll be me - Dwight Yoakam? Or, Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynryd?

[edit on 28/8/2007 by shearder]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
PODcast:

He Went to Paris (reply 1)

Another for Intrepid. That'll Be Me. How it is enjoyed.

length: 02:18
file: atscpod_2561.mp3
size: 2163k
feed:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Dude, you're the guy at the party that all the other guys hated right? Because you could do what we could not.

Do you take requests? Do you know "A Pirate looks at 40"?

Edit to add: There's a Canadian band by the name Barenaked Ladies. I think you could SMOKE their material.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
WOW thanks intrepid. That means a TON coming from you bud. Yeah i am sure i can do - Pirate looks at 40 - will give it a shot in the next couple of days
My wife was saying i need to do Chris Isaac - Wicked Game. That means breaking out the equipment cos i will have to use the strat for that one or it won't sound right. But that for another time LOL when i have lots of time hehehe.

Edit for gramma

[edit on 3/9/2007 by shearder]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Dude, you're the guy at the party that all the other guys hated right?

Yeah sometimes. There is a guy here in South Africa - one of our "big time artists" in the Afrikaans arena of music and i was running a project and was staying at a guest house in Mossel Bay and this guy came to stay there and a few other well known musicians - they had some show on. He had his guitar out, as they do, and i asked if i could play a song, and i did Garth Brooks - The Dance - needless to say i could see i stole the lime light. But you hit the nail on the head. That was, also, when i was still "sharp" hehehe

Originally posted by intrepid
Edit to add: There's a Canadian band by the name Barenaked Ladies. I think you could SMOKE their material.
[edit on 2-9-2007 by intrepid]

I played in the US in '99 and 2000 pro in a band that was called "Tin Can Alley" then changed to "Superstishun". I was a lot better then. Like ridding a bicycle i guess. Now i am back to the wobbly stage LOL cos i don't play nearly enough.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Deleted. Not sure what happened but didn't edit but "Quoted"

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Wow Shearder. I love the voice.
Jimmy Buffet rules.

It's been ages since I heard this song,Usually it's cheesburgers or margeritaville.

Wish I could get over to S.Africa. Are the Rokkets and Dr Victor still rocking the place??

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Wow Shearder. I love the voice.
Jimmy Buffet rules.

Wish I could get over to S.Africa. Are the Rokkets and Dr Victor still rocking the place??

Thanks a stack for the compliment. I love Jimmy Buffet. No not really rocking the place per se but still rocking hehehe

Will be cool to get some visitors from ATS over in SA.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm not bsin' ya, it sounded great !! Hope ya do some more songs 'cause I'll never be able to do that stuff, I could sing but I'd rather keep it to myself, see ya buddy/avenger !!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Nice job, Shearder.
Your voice works well with the Buffett sound.
Pretty finger-pickin', too.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the compliment subject x glad you liked. Much appreciated. I will try and post another Monday or tomorrow. Pirate looks at 40.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Hi All

Apologies for no new post as yet. Between work and family it has been a hectic 2 weeks. I will try and post Pirate Looks at 40 on Monday or over the weekend. Don't lose the faith hehehe

top topics

join