It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theologists plz enter, plz answer my question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This is mainly a question geared towards atheists and/or conspiracy theorists who believe religions are all fake and were created for whatever personal reasons.

If you think all religions are bullpoo, then why monotheism? Is there some special reason you hang onto the idea of one god? What makes one god make more sense than multiple gods?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please avoid using "TXT Messaging Shorthand" for words when posting on AboveTopSecret.com and AbovePolitics.com, such as "4" for the word "for" or "u" for the word you. Common "Internet Slang" acronyms such as "LOL" and "ROFLMA" are acceptable, but should still be used sparingly.

[edit on 28/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Just a small quote here from the narration of the film 'Zeitgeist'.

"I don't know what god is, but I know what he isn't."

Enough said.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Atheists are people who do not believe in a God, trust me I have argued with
many on this site. Monotheists is nothing like Atheism. Atheism rejects the
existence of a higher power, where as monotheism believes in a single
God.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

"If you think all religions are bullpoo, then why monotheism? Is there some special reason you hang onto the idea of one god? What makes one god make more sense than multiple gods? "

Because the principle of one god is so difficult a concept for rational people to grasp, the idea of many is equally as ridiculous.

Consider.... thousands of years ago... most people on earth poor, short of food, warmth, being under the control of more powerfull forces (Romans etc etc) then suddenly down drops a UFO out walks someone who helps them, cures some diseases, helps them grow food is kind to them...... then whooosh.........gone!
Everybody bows down............. A GOD !!!!!!! ????
No Just someone from another planet.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The ancient greeks look at you and laugh... ONE god... how silly.

What's more powerful than 18 gods? A single God, that's what. Why should people waste their time worshipping 18 gods when my one God can do it all - he's obviously more powerful, since he can do the work of the other 18 - and without all the family drama (bar XYZ prophet).

This society keeps people pretty stupid... (see here). Now, if you're going to treat these people unfairly, then they need the coping mechanisms to handle the treatment - give them the best imagnary friend ever invented.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Atheists are people who do not believe in a God, trust me I have argued with
many on this site. Monotheists is nothing like Atheism. Atheism rejects the
existence of a higher power, where as monotheism believes in a single
God.

I never said monotheism is like atheism, I simply wanted something like a conspiracy theory to monotheism from atheists.

the perspective of "why monotheism" from atheist sounds like a fascinating perspective

new topics

top topics

join