It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Counterterrorism Center: "We Are Going to Get Hit Again"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

National Counterterrorism Center: "We Are Going to Get Hit Again"

www.msnbc.msn.com

Al Qaeda has an active plot to hit the West. The United States knows about it but doesn’t have enough tactical detail to issue a precise warning or raise the threat level, says Vice Admiral (ret.) John Scott Redd, who heads the government’s National Counterterrorism Center. In an interview at his headquarters near Washington, D.C., Redd told Newsweek’s Mark Hosenball and Jeffrey Bartholet that the country is better prepared than ever to counter such threats.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
They know that we are going to get hit, but they dont have enough information to issue a precise warning or raise the threat level?? so what do we do, sit and wait to be hit again?? I would have thought that after six years had passed since 9/11 that we would have gotten a little better at pre-emptive action than this.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This all feels like the same to me. It is the "gut feelings", the reports saying that Al Qaeda is back, and stronger than ever.

I am not sure who is to gain from all of this. It seems to me that extremist groups in the ME must know that the US response would be nothing less than nuclear in the region. If Bush is up to this, it would mean a shattered economy and the loss of his legacy of not allowing another attack on US soil.

Nice find on the article. I have a feeling that this summer will be one for the history books...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I find it interesting that this veiled warning is put out, at the same time that troop deployments to Washinton DC are being reported almost simultainously, just a coincidence?? I think not.

Also the term counterterrorism suggests that something is being done to (counter) the terrorist actions, sadly we seem to be sitting ducks.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
From what I can gather about the troop deployments, they seem pretty routine.

The rest of this though is a bit much.

I have started a thread that addresses this. Please give it a look.

Calling all ATS'ers

Edited to change the link.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by TruthWithin]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
I would have thought that after six years had passed since 9/11 that we would have gotten a little better at pre-emptive action than this.

Hmmmm,

Just a thought,

Several high ranking officials, bailing out of Washington...

Troops to DC.... (though I believe it's much ado about nothing, but I could be wrong)

Anxiety in the financial markets.....

100k+ arms to the Kurds in northern Iraq.......

Iran.......

Syria/Lebanon....... (I believe the POTUS did something regarding these countries recently)

Russia-China wargames..... (simulating attacks on terrorists)

etc, etc....

One could say that some are preparing for something

Actually, I think we the people are more aware and tuned in, much of the same types of news occurred prior to 9/11 but we didn't have a sense of alert, and for the most part we the people were caught by surprise.

It will not be a surprise this time....

Though can we actually stop them if we don't know the (who, what, why where and how?) not to mention when?

ED:grammar

[edit on 2007/8/28 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Anxiety in the financial markets.....

[edit on 2007/8/27 by JacKatMtn]

The thought had crossed my mind that this whole news blow up concerning terrorism/ troop deployments could be a ploy to deflect attention away from the terminally ill markets. a sign that things are much worse than we know.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
What with the precarious state of the markets at the moment,you would have thought AQ would try to launch some kind of attack in order to give the ailing economy a shove.To exploit the situation so to speak.
That said,there could also be an element of "covering themselves" by the National Counterterrorism Center-if an attack happens,at least they can say they warned people.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
you should all possibly move to Australia, seems like the safest place in the world right now and looking that way for the future aswell.... !!!

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
I am not sure who is to gain from all of this.

Seriously? There is no financial pursuit in the world more profitable (to a very small group) than war. Obscene profits are to be made (and quite quickly). The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan cost $12B/month. Just handling that kind of money will yield a fortune. There are alot of people that truly want war. They could give a rat's ass about the politics, morality or consequences. Their focus is solely on the money to be made. Don't kid yourself, this is always the motivation behind wars of agression.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Yes. Seriously.

These guys have all of the money they could ever want. It's not all about the money. For Bush, it is now about the legacy. if another attack happens, all of his administration is for nothing. Thats the point I was bringing up. I didn't say it was right, but it seemed like a different way to look at things.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think that as sept comes near more and more warnings of gut feelings will make center stage on the news as to prepare the nation for another attack.

It will be the dreams come true for Bush/Cheney, another another war this time on Iran, extended powers for them and there goes America the land of the free.

[edit on 28-8-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Yes. Seriously.

These guys have all of the money they could ever want. It's not all about the money. For Bush, it is now about the legacy. if another attack happens, all of his administration is for nothing. Thats the point I was bringing up. I didn't say it was right, but it seemed like a different way to look at things.

But Truth... you assume that Bush is the guy-in-charge and that his 'legacy' matters. Far more likely (and what has proved historically correct for generations) is that the 'real' power simply uses the presidency to implement their agendas. Bush et all are simply bit players in a far more significant play.

P.S. I have NEVER met a truly welathy person who ever felt they had "all of the money they could ever want".

[edit on 28-8-2007 by jtma508]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
hmm.

not for money, not for legacy..

maybe for power?

basically to continue their/his "agenda" and try to bring fourth this infamous NWO with his "people" hmm?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If we (the USA) is attacked in a big way next year, does there
exist some mechanism of government where Bush could cancel
the 2008 Presidential election and remain in power? I've heard
people speculating about some "emergency authority" that
presidents have along these lines.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
For some reason I think this time around the administration is going to partialy "stop" a major terrorist attack and make a big media spectacle about how they did it using all the law changes they've made over the last 6 years.

Having another major terror attack has to much potential to backfire to the extreme. Stopping one will "validate" that what they have been doing was the right thing to do bringing back support to their way of thinking and doing.

But on the other hand, thats how I would do it, if you look at how Iraq is going and how full of holes the 9/11 cover op turned out to be, they might simply just kill 10000 or 100000 Americans to scare people back into submission.

Tirants and imperialists strongly believe in ruling by fear, they are well known over the ages to only use the type of manipulation I'm talking about as a tool they'd only use if mass murder wouldn't have a potent enough effect for their goals.

[edit on 28/8/07 by thematrix]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I can only add this, that when we all have this feeling, it must be something.

I agree with the op's who speak about the latest resignings. The latest acknowledgements of the nyse. This happens when the highest ups, tend to faulter under extreme pressure of higher informants. Money listens to money. I hope that makes sense to you.

When we see the fall of normal everyday activities, it is time to adhere to the possibilities.

I am searching top info sites(including this one)to come to a better understanding of what is really going down.

However, our soilders here pretty much gave us a heads up in my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
the bottom line is people when given correct knowledge and taught certain things can be capable of very high levels of intelligence as well as athletic feats.

on the contrary people manipulated and given lack luster education and pointless entertainment can be apathetic and ignorant yet egotistical ( very bad combination ) especially when surrounded with a social structure that supports these systems and the resulting populace can be manipulated to believe what ever those smarter than them would like to have them believe

it saddens me to understand that this is true of human beings and their behavior and minds.

the latter group makes up the majority of the population and at least half of ATS'ers

if you haven't figured out that 9/11 was a lie, just like the gulf of tonkin, or the attack on pearl harbor (being unprovoked and unknown about) or the reichstagg fire and who started it than you are ignorant and or naive. that is a fact.

it is a dog eat dog world and ignorant naive people are eaten up everyday.

i have no idea if another terror attack is coming, but world gov't certainly is. a chipped cashless society is as well. and if you don't go along, they will turn off your chip, and you won't be able to buy or sell squat.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I don't understand why in America, every other federal state department harks on about an imminent terrorist attack. In the UK we get an occasional nod to be vigilant and the security servcies just get on with what their paid and entrusted to do.

By constantly saying were about to get hit just to show you knew something was coming and that you told everyone is pointless. Just shut up and do your job!!

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

"constantly saying were about to get hit just to show you knew something was coming and that you told everyone is pointless."

But doing the same in order to generate mass fear....Priceless

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join