It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camp Hero, Montauk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I would like to ask if anyone has any Montauk pictures which are not currently online which they would like to donate. I plan on making a Camp Hero website with all the things archived from all over the web so nobody has to browse 10s of sites rather just one, and some forums for it too. Unfortunately most of the websites out there about it today are all very similar or just have crap and horrible design and function. Plus I got enough hosting to host any amount of pictures.

What I�m really looking for is any underground pictures. Heck if I get enough I can even make a little virtual tour of it. Plus I myself being there once but never inside would love to see them too. I have been inside the radar tower and incase any of you are wondering nothing is interesting inside of it at all. Just floors filled with rusted equipment and especially watch out for those broken steps in a few places. The roof is also kind of collapsing.

And there is an interesting concrete square in the middle of the first floor with I think has a metal border around it which separates it from the rest of the concrete floor. Although I can�t really remember, it might not even be there, but I think I saw it. If it�s there, perhaps it�s an elevator to below ground? Or perhaps it�s just an entrance to that cable tunnel between the tower and the other house next to it. I opened up a manhole cover of that tunnel outside, and it had lots of water in it (about 3 feet) but I highly doubt it has any other purpose other than cables.

I would also like to ask all of you, why does everyone there always feel like they are being watched? For some reason I didn�t feel that way but everyone else always does. What could possibly be watching people? Security cameras would be pretty hard to hide and would be too much of a risk if found, same goes for anything else.

I also like to often imagine the best ways of breaking into that place through those bunkers, if you had a crew and a few thousand bucks, how would you do it? I�d like to hear what some of you can come up with your imagination

Can someone please provide me with more details about the underground levels? Everywhere I read there is info about the general idea of what goes on down there and etc, but nothing specific. I would like to hear if anyone has ever been inside one of those bunkers and if anyone went even deeper, if so I want to hear all the details of it to further my understanding of Camp Hero. Of if you have any other info please publish it all and all the details you can remember, I would like to use it on the website to make the most complete analasys of Camp Hero, that is if you allow.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I really need help with this, doesn't anyone have any Montauk pictures on their computer or they could scan? I'm sure someone over here has been to montauk.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
we (ATS) have a Montauk/Camp Hero EXPERT: William One Sac

www.subversiveelement.com...

Have fun: www.subversiveelement.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I have already seen that and read all of it. I asked if anyone has any original content they would like to submit. And those site are not complete anyways.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What I find most interesting about Camp Hero is that during WWII, the military placed an array of guns that would be used if the German navy tried to invade the east coast.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
well they had to have some defence or else it would send out the wrong picture.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NEODI

Do a little research on Operation Drumbeat and see just what kind of 'picture' the US Navy was sending out to the Nazi U-Boat force as it prowled the US coastline untouched throughout 1942.

During a 6 month period U-Boats sank 397 ships off the East Coast of the US, often close enough to shore to use the light thrown out by coastal towns to silloutte their targets.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SabbyJ

Do a little research on Operation Drumbeat and see just what kind of 'picture' the US Navy was sending out to the Nazi U-Boat force as it prowled the US coastline untouched throughout 1942.

During a 6 month period U-Boats sank 397 ships off the East Coast of the US, often close enough to shore to use the light thrown out by coastal towns to silloutte their targets.

Very true. In fact, many of the resort towns along the East Coast refused to take the situation seriously, which is why they kept their lights on. From my understanding, Atlantic City was a particular sore-spot in this case.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well that's not the topic here anyways, I'm not talking about the ww2 montauk nor do I care about it enough to continue going offtopic.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Well that's not the topic here anyways, I'm not talking about the ww2 montauk nor do I care about it enough to continue going offtopic.

People here have a very low tolerance for the arrogant, i suggest you keep your tone civil and pleasant if you wish to recieve anymore help.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Ok, will do. I guess what I should have said is if I wanted to read more about the WW2 era of camp hero I would have just went to a few websites about it which provide lots of facts, history, and non controversial information. If anyone wants I can find the link, although this is not what the topic is about.

But anyways, so far any help I have gotten was useless and it appears not a single one of you has been to Camp Hero, which was what I was asking for in the first place. But don't mind me, I'm just an arrogant person, why should anyone have to make useful posts? It's your freedom of speech, do what you please with it.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I have already seen that and read all of it. I asked if anyone has any original content they would like to submit. And those site are not complete anyways.

That is original content. William One Sac is a Super Mod on this site and he took all of those pictures himself. What more could you want?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Umm let's see.... hmmm.... I'm still thinking.... oh yeah!

Now I remember it, THINGS I HAVEN�T SEEN BEFORE? Look, anyone can go on the web and look at all these websites, just like I already did. All the information is the same, I was wondering if anyone has and information they found out by going there themselves that is not another same old story on a website. Is that so much to ask for?

I've seen his whole site, and it's not bad, it's rather interesting and one of the best sites. But nobody can cover everything about something on one site. There is always something new, something to be discovered, something not shared by everyone. THAT was what I was searching for. And THAT is apparently what nobody here has. What you people possess is just common sources of information on the internet. Do you get the point yet?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yeah, you have a bad attitude, how bout you take a little trip to camp hero on your own then report back to us in a couple months. Have fun and good luck.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I've been there once and did not have a chance to investigate that much, I thought I mentioned that in the original post.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   

You want to know the story behind Montauk and Camp Hero, right? Learn about the whole history of the Camp Hero Air Base, start-to-finish, official and unofficial. Just looking at one era or one incident could give you the wrong idea and lead you down the wrong path in your search for the truth. Always think big picture when you're looking into a subject so you don't miss anything. You might find info you don't need, but at least you won't be missing anything at the end.

Considering one of the most-well-known projects connected to Montauk began during WWII, I think you want to look into Drumbeat if you really want to learn about the base and what has happened there during all of its uses. It might give you insights into the structures and their construction, particularly when compared to other sites in operation during the same era and operation.

I haven't been to Camp Hero yet, and I'm not sure if/when I'll get the chance, but I intend to do some digging before I'm on-site so I have an idea of what I'm getting into beforehand. Learn the layout of the camp, for starters. Make sure you have a general idea of where you are in relation to other sites on the grounds and to the borders of the park. If things get hairy for some as yet unknown reason, you'll be better prepared to make a quick exit.

Too much information isn't a bad thing when you're looking into something so potentially important as Montauk Point and Camp Hero.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Umm let's see.... hmmm.... I'm still thinking.... oh yeah!

Now I remember it, THINGS I HAVEN�T SEEN BEFORE? Look, anyone can go on the web and look at all these websites, just like I already did. All the information is the same, I was wondering if anyone has and information they found out by going there themselves that is not another same old story on a website. Is that so much to ask for?

I've seen his whole site, and it's not bad, it's rather interesting and one of the best sites. But nobody can cover everything about something on one site. There is always something new, something to be discovered, something not shared by everyone. THAT was what I was searching for. And THAT is apparently what nobody here has. What you people possess is just common sources of information on the internet. Do you get the point yet?

Ahh, I see. You want someone else to go and do all the work so you can sit on your ass and take credit for it.

Makes perfect sence.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
i'll be there this summer...plan on bringing my digital camera and some other odds and ends. i'd just be curious if anyone has any suggestions if you've been there semi-recently. i'm thinking of making my way in off the beach but i heard its a tough hike.

new topics

top topics

join