It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Insider Trading Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Not everyone on Wall Street is convinced that the worst is over.

In fact, some investors are betting tens of millions of dollars that the market is headed for a selloff -- a major selloff.

The reason: worries about a worsening credit crunch, along with speculation that the Federal Reserve may defy expectations and hold off on cutting interest rates at its Sept. 18 meeting.

So far, over $500 million in so-called put options have been purchased betting that the benchmark Standard and Poor's 500 index will tumble anywhere from 5% to 11% in September. Some investors are even buying put options calling for 52% decline. A "put" option increases in value as the underlying stock or index falls.

CNBC Article

This is very strange. Since this story was first released it has come out that somebody has bet $1 Billion that the Dow will fall by 50% by september 21st.

This is strangely reminiscent of the insider trading that preceded 9-11.

Is this a sign that there will be another false flag terror attack on the 9-11 anniversary?

[edit on 8/27/2007 by sp00n1]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hmmm... could be. A billion dollar bet on a massive (??) downturn. Finance stuff goes over my head, so I don't know the significance.

One thing to remember: Planners of attacks and psyops know we'll be watching these numbers of course.

This seems beyond coincidence, and will turn into something. Could be a smaller thing, like a little anti-CT psyop of unclear shape as yet. Or this could be the last days of calm before the storm where we all look back with fondness at the days where we could talk freely on ATS without having to hide in basements and thickets...

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is the second put option of its type so far. Ther is a another thread in the Alternative News section that says $4.5 Billion was placed in put options on a 30% crash of the stock markets.

Same person or different?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-8-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
News thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Current Events thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I don't know anything about money, but it certainly is interesting that the month that follows September is October. Isn't October the time when the big crashes of the past have started? Maybe this is the beginning of the Big One.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This information is scary. We know that there was significant insider trading going on just before 9-11. Those that are planning these world events do not miss an opportunity to cash in. We also know that there was wide foreknowledge prior to the events of September 11th: various warnings to Ashcroft, etc., about not flying that day.

Also, I don't know that you realize how shaky things are in the markets right now. The unprecidented, desperate actions of the Fed a week ago were in direct response to a crisis. World markets were falling quickly and obviously the Fed feared a crash. Interest rates were already at nearly all time lows and then he cuts them again?? This is not a good sign of things to come, as our markets are already way inflated and the dollar will continue to lose ground to foreign currencies. Are we headed for another "Black Tuesday" in October?

Intelligence sources have been predicting a major terrorist attack by the end of summer.

Believe me, the financial powers that be know exactly what is going on. Nothing happens in this world without money, or without the permission of those that have it. Just like Deep Throat said to Bob Woodward in "All the Presidents Men": "follow the money." That applies to world events as well... always follow the money.

[edit on 29-8-2007 by HothSnake1]

[edit on 29-8-2007 by HothSnake1]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Interesting that they chose September 21s, because it may happen a littler earlier if the fed do not cut rates once again.

Consumer spending is slowing and the housing crash is already spilling on credit cards and auto sales.

If the feds lower the interest again consumer confidence will go up and the markets will hold.

But that is not what the financial elite wants, so is not the people needs but the bankers need, so if you have the money to burn is a done deal.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It is a quick fix that spells certain long-term doom. An over inflated market recieving even more credit inflation. I doubt that the dollar can handle much more.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HothSnake1
It is a quick fix that spells certain long-term doom.

I agree but as everything in the markets now a day is a gamble, a game, if the interest rate do not go down the consumer spending will slow down, if the interest rates are cut it could boost consumer confidence and spending to last enough to hold the dollar.

But in a nation like ours that we are not longer wealthy producers, wealth has been achieved by other means most of the time deceiving as the housing markets did for a while until now.

So what else we have but a nation of people that can spend and the more they spend the more our economy will hold.

Stop spending and it will go down anyway.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ive been discussing this with my friend who attends the university of pittsburgh. he asked his economics professor about this (specific scenario) and he actually laughed at him and made a joke about 'you got that email too, huh?.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I can't but think this is something to keep us preoccupied so we don't see what's actually going on.

Luckily, ATS can multi-task pretty well, so we just need to keep our eyes open.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
All I can say is that I hope you people are doing something besides posting on Internet forums.

Where are you going to buy your groceries from when all the Wal-Marts are sold out and not getting shipments in because of the skyrocketed price of oil, against our bottomed-out dollar? How are you going to travel when gas stations are no longer an option, in worse shape than they were in the late 70's? What are you going to do when all of these real-world consequences start hitting the fan when our way of life can't support itself anymore? Maybe give a thought to it today before there's even less you could do about it tomorrow. I would at least get my ass out of a major city if it turns out that the economy does crash.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'll tell you what i'm doing BSB! I'm bending over real far and kissing my ass goodbye!!

I don't know what else to do.

You can buy gold but the gov't will just try to confiscate it like they did during the great depression. Even if you keep it, you can't spend it without risking being arrested. Plus gold, which now serves as a major source of equity for large investment firms, will crash with the Dow as people scramble for cash to cover their margin calls. It's only after the crash that gold really become valuable.

You can stock up on food, but how much food can you store? How long can you live off of dehydrated baked beans? How do you keep it from getting stolen.

Plus the 4th amendment will be gone and it will be like living in baghdad with soldiers kick your doors down and stealing all your s***!!!!

The only real option is to stop it before it starts, and i don't have any faith that that will happen. I've been trying to stop this for years.

Most of us live our lives in a waking dream. We go along, following social conventions, doing what we were told or what is otherwise expect of us, swallowing outlandish stories as if they were plausible, as if they were even true—political stories, religious stories, stories about what makes for successful and happy lives, worthwhile lives.

In a sense, we never grow up. We never get to take over our own lives and run them for ourselves, thinking for ourselves. (“Thinking for oneself” now has been conventionalized as well, and is done a certain unthinking way.)

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
wel if it means anything o anyone, shark attacks are up again. i remember last time shark attacks went crazy and then WHAMM!!
the world changed. sems like the warning signs are there i don't know if i should invest or run like hell!!

www.wftv.com...

www.nbc11.com...

top topics

join