It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What country will be the next world super power?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So, who will be the next super power? Will it be India or maybe China? How about Russia or Saudi Arabia?

When the current super power falls, its status will probably be replaced by a more grand country. But just who will that country be?
Are there any signs today leading towards who will rank as the most powerful in the future?

Or maybe you think the age of one country being the most powerful are over and there will be a New World Order. Perhaps you may even think that we are in the end of days and will not see the next world super power?

So who do you think it will be and why?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If the U.S. and Russia get into it in a grand scale war China will be left as the only superpower.

That's just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
There are no more superpowers. America is on the top, but it does not give orders to the rest of the world or have an empire.

China, as it stands, is so poor as to be a joke.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
uberarcanist- so being that america is on top, when it falls who do you think will be the new country 'on top'? why?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This is a tough one Violet. My take is that when the US finally dumps out its final ounce of clout in the world, China will be right there to scoop up our scraps and be the top superpower on Earth.

That is unless we do some serious house cleaning in the near future to build up all the respect that we lost in the world forum thanks to GW, then we are going to be SOL.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
perhaps oil will play a deciding role in who will be the next power.
maybe an easier question would be: how long do you think it will be until there is a new super power? 10 years, 20 years, 50 years etc?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

I have a feeling, within the next 10 years Russia will once again rise to become a major world player. Greece, Italy, and Turkey are buying oil from them, perhaps others as well. The middle east is running out of oil. It would be nice if we would all break free from oil and move on to greener pastures, but people are way too greedy to let that happen. And if oil is the resource people are after, Russia will be the next big player. To my knowledge, the amount of oil in Siberia far surpasses that of the middle east.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
.... According to the PNAC the USA doesn't plan to
give up its (sole)"superpower" status anytime soon...

And this appears to mean proactively discouraging any rivals...

friend or foe...

www.newamericancentury.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
If you look at history its normally a good guide, power shift's regularly in the span of as little as a few years to a couple of hundred. The old nations always invariably rot from within as the struggle to get to the top fades from the citizens memory.

New countries will ultimately become great and they may not have even been founded yet like say an Asian-Oceanic Pact. It may not occur in this style or format but I think the shift is definitely away from the west and more toward the east...AKA China.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Interesting topic, room for lots of speculation.

India is huge, a little more than a third the size of the US. They have a massive workforce and a middle class of over 300,000,000. Many products are manufactured in India, and many high-tech jobs are being sent there (Dell has been under fire for this). Indians are getting better education that allow them to break out of their own industrial revolution and start making moves of their own. The final factor would be that India is nuclear. They have the capability to solve their energy needs and pose a threat to tampering nations in the region at the same time.

Within the next century I see the world getting even smaller in the creation of a North American Union, a Southeast Asian union and with nations in other regions following suit for their own global representation. From there, it's a short step to the New World Order.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Similar thoughts as The Cyfre,

North American Union,
United South America,
Western and Central Europe,
Russia and Eastern Europe,
South East Asia,
Middle East and Northern Africa,
Central and Southern Africa,
Indian sub-continent,
China,
Oceania.

Take your pick from them,

Next step, World Government.

One thing is certain, there will eventually be power shift.
The US will fall from it's current pre-eminent position, it is inevitable.
When? Tomorrow, next year, next decade, next century, I don't know, but it will happen.
History teaches us that it's as certain as night follows day.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Good list Free! I would have to say that the one world government is here already, and what makes this confusing is that the leaders of these nations are all puppets. So the one world governement is here. The countries that will have the most "Responsibilities" are China, and the North American Union which might be official with a new currency in the works, the "AMERO" could replace the dollar after the market crashes. Whether it be the stock exchange or the dollar itself in the For. ex. I personally think the NAU is in it's early phase right now, because the american minimum-mid wage workforce is being recycled.

The reset button has been pressed by the elite. Deflation will occur, poverty will rise and will offset the deflation. In 1929, the market crashed, people were on the streets and skyscrapers were being built in no time, including the Chrysler building, Empire st. building. This is because the reset button is a 5 year process. Un-needed realestate will be washed away, homes will be taken away by the banks, or flooded. Then they will be rebuilt and will be sold to immigrants. We might even get a new Ellis Island. Hey, this is what America is all about. Except now, it's expanding into the NAU. I disagree that America will fall from glory. It will be kicking again in 5 years.

[edit on 8/31/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
I would have to say that the one world government is here already, and what makes this confusing is that the leaders of these nations are all puppets.

The One World Government clearly has yet to arrive. The main hint toward this is the fact that there are over 300 sovereign nations currently, not one.

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
I disagree that America will fall from glory. It will be kicking again in 5 years.

It would be more likely to see pigs fly to be honest with you. America has already fallen from the glory our forefathers came to know. We just don't realize it yet. Countries across the world have lost respect for this nation. Citizens have lost respect for their leaders. Our leaders have lost respect for the system, and our system has been worked and re-worked so many times that it's virtually impossible to even see what the original idea behind this country was. No, America will not be kicking again in 5 years. Unless something changes our political system, energy needs, educational system, social infrastructure and business system, we're screwed.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
i work for one of the top security firms hired by the U.S. to "help out" in times of need, (can't say the name since i was slapped for it already by the mods) but they are putting alot of emphasis in training us in mandorin and traditional chinese languages. i also hear from other forums that are more military inspired, the other security firms are also...leads me to look to the Orient for the next power house wannabe?????:w:

top topics

join