It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran in sept?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I heard on fox news that a senator let it slip that we are going into Iran in Sept. Anyone know anything else about this? It got really hush hush after he let it slip and wouldnt say anything else.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ummm....im going to put this up there with every other thread thats been started on here regarding a date. I seriously doubt it.

We have one carrier in the gulf right now.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I've been reading that we're going to war with Iran for five years now.

We're still not at war with Iran.

I have a daughter in the military and it scared the crap out of me when I heard that her unit was being deployed last month. I talked to her a few days ago and they have been told to stand down. Turns out they aren't going anywhere.

Not for now. Her unit is still fresh so they are waiting until next year to send them over seas, that way they can extend their service for as long as possible when it's time for them to leave.

If we were going to war with Iran, I doubt I'd be able to pick up the phone and call her.

Just my thoughts on it,

wupy

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Yea I didnt see it for myself. And I dont put much into what I hear from others. Was just kinda curious if anyone else saw it. I know how Fox likes to make everything seem like its the end of the world. Well thanks anyway.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I would like to know which Senator is reported to have made this remark. With the current atmosphere in Washington I doubt the Administration would trust more than a handful of people from Congress with any such information. Most of the people in Congress from both parties seem to be eager to "blab" anything they hear to the first reporter they see.

If such an attack really is in the works I expect it will be all air and sea power with few, if any, ground troops. The US has plenty of assets in the general area already to do the job even if there is only one carrier on station. A widely reported reduction from two or three carriers in the area to one or even none could be part of the plan. Make it look like we aren't going to do anything AND keep the carriers out of missle range.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Sounds like Sept. is the big month this year ( the bet on our market crashing and allegedly going to war)
Hopefully, neither happen..
I too would like to know what senator had revealed the information and if there is at all a clip from fox saying it? I never saw it..

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Another random thought on this issue:

The next report to Congress regarding Iraq is scheduled for September 15th. An attack on Iran just before then would sure distract everyone from that event.

Stranger things have happened . . .

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
busy month then as long as nothing occurs on the 25th ill be alright

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well considering that there is only one CBG in the area, and they're talking about pulling THAT out of the area and redeploying, I'd have to say this is not happening in September. It takes weeks to get a CBG into that area.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Maybe an attack on Iran will be to divert attention from the Implementation of the North American Union, starting 9/1.

www.nbcsandiego.com...

Digg it here.

digg.com...

Not much time to stop this one.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well, Iran has been tweaking our nose by firing missiles into Kurd territory in Northern Iraq recently, so it wouldn't surprise me if we decided to engage them in that section.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Edit to add link

[edit on 30-8-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Well considering that there is only one CBG in the area, and they're talking about pulling THAT out of the area and redeploying, I'd have to say this is not happening in September. It takes weeks to get a CBG into that area.

That certainly may be true, but how many assets are in place "inside" Iraq at the moment? Might not necessarily "need" multiple carries in the area.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think any attack on Iran would be in the form of cruise missles and bombers, we have plenty of both in the region.
Thats pretty much all it would take to destroy their nuclear program. You can be assured that if the US does not do it, Israel will.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluewagon
Sounds like Sept. is the big month this year ( the bet on our market crashing and allegedly going to war)
Hopefully, neither happen..
I too would like to know what senator had revealed the information and if there is at all a clip from fox saying it? I never saw it..

Well since all these predictions failed to happen in Aug I guess Sept is the next choice... :0

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfinguru
That certainly may be true, but how many assets are in place "inside" Iraq at the moment? Might not necessarily "need" multiple carries in the area.

A CBG adds so much more flexibility to the equation though. That's why when we went in during Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom there were four of them in the area. A land base is rather easy to hit and knock out of commission. A CBG can sit way outside of range of enemy ordnance and launch attacks.

new topics

top topics

join