It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could choose *any* former U.S. leader to succeed Bush, who would you choose?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Imagine that YOU were given the Godly power to choose any previous U.S. leader, alive or dead to succeed Bush in office, who would you choose?

You can choose a former President, senator, governor, congressman, even a county district supervisor to name a few. Choose anyone at all, alive or dead as long as it isn't someone who currently holds any political office.

Who would you choose? And why?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Honestly, I don't think I'd want any previously elected politician, in America at least,
since I don't know of any I agree with more than 70%.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Zombie Reagan. Hey, anything's an improvement!

No no, seriously? Tecumseh. Hell yes he counts.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Walking Fox
Tecumseh. Hell yes he counts.

Considering that Tecumseh fought in alliance with the British in the War of 1812, Tecumseh is an interesting choice though hardly one that, perhaps, fits the "spirit" of the question posed in the OP.

In my mind, I would like to see Thomas Jefferson in the White House again. It would be interesting to see his reaction to the issues confronting the nation today as opposed to possibilities Jefferson had envisioned.

As far as more contemporary leaders go, I would have to go with Ross Perot. Perot's views as espoused in his short-lived 1992 Presidential Campaign certainly made more sense than the one's offered up by the Rep/Dem political monopoly.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Reagan. May not have been the sharpest knife in the block but had good handle on the global scene, understood what the USSR was looking to do and blocked them. And which superpower survived?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Carter....but only if he actually releases info about UFO's like he said he was gonna. So yeah...Carter, but with the stipulation that he's not a straight up bold faced liar.

Aside from him? Probably Roosevelt or JFK...they seemed like pretty stout personalities.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I thought the Thomas Jefferson suggestion was interesting.

I wonder if someone from that era could adjust well to the modern age. I guess Jefferson could if anyone could, he was ahead of his time anyway.

[edit on 28-8-2007 by fweshcawfee]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I think Andrew Jackson or Abraham Lincoln are good nominations

then again i have very limited knowledge when it comes to U.S. history

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Hmmm. Probably George Washington, so he could clean up the mess in Washington, and restore our Constitution. It would be great if things could be that way. I can only imagine though.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaruseleh
Carter.

What!?
Why Carter?
I hope your joking, Right?

new topics

top topics

join