It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safety fears over new register of all children

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

"The DNA database cannot be used for the purposes you describe"

As i said,not at the moment-but in the future this is at least a possibility I believe.

It is currently illegal to use DNA profiling in such a way. It is also beyond our knowledge to do this. In order for this to take place, Genetic science would have to advance considerably and an Act of Parliament would be needed to change the law.

I don't see MP's voting to possibly exclude themselves and family members from Insurance and work, let alone us poor plebs, do you?

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I hear you,but the papers which purport to be in opposition to these "right winger" papers are owned by the very same people are they not?

It is a problem when the Media is concentrated in the hands of a few, but there are enough different factions owning the media to ensure that not one person could possibly control what is in the Public domain.

Several papers are fierce rivals of each other, as are News channels. They would love to get one up on each other if they had the chance, so a story will be reported somewhere in the press.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by stumason

The problem is that a child has not choice, the choice by the times he or she grows into adult will be already take and dictated for them.

This no the future that any child should be submitted too without his or her consent.

Sad future indeed.

Marg, not sure if your listening to me, but this information is already held and most of it is given by parents to the interested parties. All this does is centralise the information so that different agencies and persons with a vested interest in the welfare of a child can work together, rather than the catalog of errors that, unfortunately, contribute to far too many deaths of children.

As for the "choice of children", I'm sorry, but I do not believe children should be given such freedoms until they are Adults. As a parent, you are responsible for them and make decisions for them. This information is already held, but is dispersed. What exactly is wrong with centralising it for the benefit of children's safety?

Here are a few examples of what goes wrong when different departments don't communicate properly:

Vistoria Climbie
Anna Milburn
Baby Aaron O'Neil
Baby Aaron Gilbert
Leticia Wright

Now, I'm not going to dig any more up, as I find it disturbing looking for this crap. But, in each of those cases, failure by certain authority groups to properly assess the danger or failure to protect when danger was realised led to the child's death.

[edit on 28/8/07 by stumason]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

"It is currently illegal to use DNA profiling in such a way. It is also beyond our knowledge to do this. In order for this to take place, Genetic science would have to advance considerably and an Act of Parliament would be needed to change the law. "

Totally agree with you.
Key Phrases in your post:

"currently illegal" -currently not eternally.

"Genetic science would have to advance considerably " -it is doing so rapidly

"Act of Parliament would be needed to change the law." -not difficult if spun correctly.

So I unfortunately remain unconvinced of the future benefits of said DNA database.

Regards,SS

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I'll repeat this line you omitted from your quote of me:

I don't see MP's voting to possibly exclude themselves and family members from Insurance and work, let alone us poor plebs, do you?

Assuming that Politicians are just in it for themselves and don't even care about us one bit, they are still people themselves and are subject to the same laws of the land.

Also, something like this would not be possible to slip under the radar, so the public would know should this ever go to the vote.

It is also speculative at best to think this would happen. I could speculate the Government would make wearing green, silk underpants illegal. They could, you know!

Just because something can happen, does not follow that it will.

[edit on 28/8/07 by stumason]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Put young children on DNA list, urge police

www.guardian.co.uk...

Primary school children should be eligible for the DNA database if they exhibit behaviour indicating they may become criminals in later life, according to Britain's most senior police forensics expert.

Gary Pugh, director of forensic sciences at Scotland Yard and the new DNA spokesman for the Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo), said a debate was needed on how far Britain should go in identifying potential offenders, given that some experts believe it is possible to identify future offending traits in children as young as five.

Naughty children as young as FIVE could be put on DNA database as Government brings in 'baby Asbos'

www.thisislondon.co.uk...'Naughty+children+as+young+as+FIVE+should+be+put+on+DNA+database'/article.do

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join