It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Senator Arrested for Lewd Behavior in Airport Restroom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

GOP Senator Arrested for Lewd Behavior in Airport Restroom

marcambinder.theatlantic.com

CRAIG ARRESTED, PLEADS GUILTY FOLLOWING INCIDENT IN AIRPORT RESTROOM Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho) was arrested in June at a Minnesota airport by a plainclothes police officer investigating lewd conduct complaints in a men's public restroom, according to an arrest report obtained by Roll Call Monday afternoon.

A spokesman for Craig described the incident as a “he said/he said misunderstanding,” and said the office would release a fuller statement later Monday afternoon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well this is pretty bizarre. Is trying to tap your foot some kind of standard signal for sex between men in bathroom stalls? I guess so, I doubt he would have pleaded guilty if there was nothing to this charge.

marcambinder.theatlantic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Dang! You are quick on the draw dj.

You beat me to this story by 20 minutes, and I saw it break on CNN.

Sorry about the duplicate. A mod will fix it shortly, I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
There is only one Larry Craig should do. Move to San Francisco, change to the Democrat Party and run for Mayor. They tend to applaud situations like this one. After all they re-elected Gavin Newsome after he had an affair with a city administrators wife. A gay sex scandal would surely top that one. He would win for sure!

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Here's my comment from the story I posted.

Oh boy, here we go again?

Senator Craig denies any wrongdoing and says he shouldn't have pled guilty and paid the $500 fine.

Hindsight is 20/20.

I wonder if there is a pun intended there?

RR, that is the first thing you have posted that made me laugh out loud! Usually, your posts are crude and offensive, wait, that one was, too. You are so desperate to distance this guy from the GOP. What's the matter, is your beloved party's soiled slip showing?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

You sure? 'Cause if he were to step it up a notch and start cruising the preschools for some action, he might get the GOP nomination for 2008.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Walking Fox
reply to post by RRconservative

You sure? 'Cause if he were to step it up a notch and start cruising the preschools for some action, he might get the GOP nomination for 2008.

Comparing gay behavior to pedophilia? Even I wouldn't go that far.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Maybe he could use "Restless Leg Syndrome" as a defense.
I know it exists - I saw an ad for a pharmaceutical that will cure it.
Are we going to start arresting people afflicted with illness for "signaling" coded messages?
The poor guy. He needs a doctor not an attorney. Well, now he does...

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Well this is a strange one and there appears to have been very little evidence to justified charging this guy so Craig lawyer should have been able to get him off easily. So logically the only reason Craig would plead guilty is that he didn't want embarrassing testimony to be made public .

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
And this is the guy who:

* Voted YES on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)
* Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)
* Voted NO on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation. (Jun 2000)
* Voted YES on prohibiting same-sex marriage. (Sep 1996)
* Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination by sexual orientation. (Sep 1996)

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

Originally posted by Uniceft17
And this is the guy who:

* Voted YES on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)
* Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)
* Voted NO on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation. (Jun 2000)
* Voted YES on prohibiting same-sex marriage. (Sep 1996)
* Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination by sexual orientation. (Sep 1996)

Well, except for the last one, I see no inconsistency with a gay person endorsing every other position listed.

Perhaps it is intolerance that made Craig hide his homosexuality. I'm sure there are liberals who would never consider abortion, so I don't see any hypocrisy here.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Tape Released

You can hear it if you click on the NY Times link:

www.nytimes.com...

BOISE, Idaho, Aug. 30 — In the moments after Senator Larry E. Craig was arrested in an airport men’s room, he accused an undercover police sergeant of entrapping him, emphasized that he did not want to go to court or to jail and frequently said, “I don’t recall,” when asked about his reported sexual advances to the officer.

Direct MP3 Link: graphics8.nytimes.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I don't know what to make of this.. Heh I didn't know gays had hand signals. Its funny how it took two months for the story to come out. Its almost like he's being pressured to resign perhaps from a different reason. The sketchy details seems very odd.

Have you noticed all the resignations popping up everywhere?

new topics

top topics

join