It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. envoy: Turmoil could cause world war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

U.S. envoy: Turmoil could cause world war

news.yahoo.com

Upheaval in the Middle East and Islamic civilization could cause another world war, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations was quoted as saying in an Austrian newspaper interview published on Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Things heating up....

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Upheaval in the Middle East and Islamic civilization could cause another world war, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations was quoted as saying...

I marvel at such brilliance...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Upheaval in the Middle East and Islamic civilization could cause another world war, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations was quoted as saying...

that quote is more likely to start a world war...

Did you hear that France wants China, India, Brazil and South Africa to join the G8 to make the G13 to make a new order in the world?

[edit on 27-8-2007 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
My immediate thought too Gools. What amazing and informed insight our appointed officials have. Ok, he's not an appointed official of my own government but speaking the bleedin' obvious is an internationally recognised trait amongst the governmental gravy train passengers

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It's obvious we are going to see World War 3 in the next 20 years.

Take a look at the world and you can see numerous flash points in every part. The key here is Iran. ANY military action in that area would suck the whole world in, battle lines have already been stupidly drawn.

China and Russia will protect their investments in Iran.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Oh BRING IT ON

This waiting everyday for doomsday is getting to me. Lets get it over with already.

Its going to happen, let it be TODAY.

I'm sick of all this.

Maybe the aliens WILL come to our aide tomorrow- what a welcome releif.
Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh!

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
It's obvious we are going to see World War 3 in the next 20 years.

Take a look at the world and you can see numerous flash points in every part. The key here is Iran. ANY military action in that area would suck the whole world in, battle lines have already been stupidly drawn.

China and Russia will protect their investments in Iran.

I think you are right to a certain extent. There will come a certain point where China and Russia will not be able to stop a bombing nor oppose one. If Iran continues to develop nuclear weapon capabilities and does not allow proper monitoring, how can China and Russia continue to back them. They have done a marvelous job of keeping the U.S at bay so far. I just don't think the U.S. will wait much longer to make air strikes. With this is mind, I think air strikes will be the only thing that happens as far as the U.S. goes. Having said that, Iran's retaliation will determine the fate of the rest of the country. Strikes on nuclear facilities in itself could still ensure that China and Russia continue to receive their oil. A retaliatory strike by Iran would result in a major problem for China and Russia and their future oil.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, this guy is pushing for the ``Clash of Civilizations`` as the neo-cons wants it to happen. The concept is so stupid if you really study it, but I guess if people are still primitive or enough manipulated, it could happen. It would be the same thing as it was in Germany during WW2 against the jews.

Has people evolved enough to avoid that? I'm not sure.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
i dont think we'll ever go so far as to not discriminate....and with america giving minorities the upper hand, it will make it harder for other people to accept certain people....

but as far as world war goes....people said that for 30 years with russia... you never know....this could all just blow over....and then start a cold war and another great space race.....

new topics

top topics

join