It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanton Friedman Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If you happen to be in Fredericton, New Brunswick, on Canada's East Coast anytime on August 27, don't forget your tinfoil hats, becuase I predict them to be the thing to wear on this day.

The city of Fredericton is proclaiming Monday as Stanton Friedman Day, an homage to the 73-year-old UFOlogist who has talked and written his way to the top ring of the galaxy of believers who say earth is being visited by aliens.

Friedman has built himself a reputation as the ultimate authority on flying saucers, alien abductions and the infamous Roswell incident, considered by many to be the definitive UFO event in world history.

This year marks the 60th anniversay of that day near Roswell, N.M., when the U.S. army claimed briefly it had recovered an unidentified flying disc - triggering a flying saucer frenzy that endures to this day.

www.canadaeast.com...

Rack up another point for the believers.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Whats tinfoil hats got to do with it? I dont understand?

Originally posted by masqua
If you happen to be in Fredericton, New Brunswick, on Canada's East Coast anytime on August 27, don't forget your tinfoil hats, becuase I predict them to be the thing to wear on this day.

The city of Fredericton is proclaiming Monday as Stanton Friedman Day, an homage to the 73-year-old UFOlogist who has talked and written his way to the top ring of the galaxy of believers who say earth is being visited by aliens.

Friedman has built himself a reputation as the ultimate authority on flying saucers, alien abductions and the infamous Roswell incident, considered by many to be the definitive UFO event in world history.

This year marks the 60th anniversay of that day near Roswell, N.M., when the U.S. army claimed briefly it had recovered an unidentified flying disc - triggering a flying saucer frenzy that endures to this day.

www.canadaeast.com...

Rack up another point for the believers.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Thank you for the heads up! I suppose I had better dust off the old tin hat and celebrate today! I do love Stanton and he is welcome to come and post on my threads anytime! I would love to hear more about this day and the events if you find any. Thanks Antar

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
Whats tinfoil hats got to do with it? I dont understand?

Are you serious? Cmon tell me you know what the expression tinfoil hats means.

Good for Stan the man. It's about time he gets some much needed respect from outside the ufo community.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Some kinda sunburn prevention? You got me...

[

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Fredericton is just up the road from me, less than an hour away. I was going to post this earlier but didn't have time. Thanks Masqua.

I guess he has lived in Freddy for 25 odd years or so. He was on one of my local talk shows today but didn't get a chance to chat with him. I called but the host didn't do any calls.

I also heard him on

Hears a story from the Halifax Daily News today

Stan the Man

heres my favorite quote from it:

"I have never seen a flying saucer and I have never seen an alien. But remember, I chased neutrons and gamma rays for a lot of years as a physicist and never saw one of them either," he says.

"In fact, I've never seen Tokyo, but I'm convinced it's there."

A CBC story today also.

He was also on As It Happens on CBC Radio one this evening.

Wildone, here's the wiki article on Tin Foil Hats. Enjoy.

new topics

top topics

join