It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does your screen name mean/how'd you come up with it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
My screen name, "Jaruseleh" is actually a made up word...sort of. lol I was in a band once called "Jaruseleh's Attic". The way we came up with the name is I was thumbing through the dictionary while on the phone with one of the other members just trying to find cool names. I found the entry "Jaruselem Artichoke", and jokingly I suggested it. He said, "What? Jaruseleh's Artichoke?" He mispronounced the word, but really liked the way it sounded. On our way to practice that night, we decided that "Artichoke" was kind of a dumb word to have in a band name, so we changed it to "Attic".

I kept Jaruseleh all these years because it's not a real word, so it's never taken on message boards and games and what-not. Just always kinda stuck with me....

So what's the story behind your screen name?

[edit on 27-8-2007 by Jaruseleh]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm glad to have that mystery sorted out. I keep thinking you're calling yourself a version of "Jerusalem," and it throws me when I see you agree more with my point of view on things in the faith threads.

I had a long-standing screen name based on my hermit crab website, that I used on every forum. But my ex's girlfriend has taken it on herself to stalk me from website to website, invading my privacy and printing out posts of mine I made venting to friends as "proof" that I'm as abusive as he is in our custody proceedings.

I finally realized that was how she was tracking me, by that old name, so I needed a large new place to hide and stumbled on BTS via Big Boards. When I decided I needed a new name to hide behind, I went with a thing we used to say back in high school (in the 80's): Hey, man, what's your major malfunction?

As screwed up as my divorce is, I thought that MajorMalfunction was a great name.

I'm just waiting for someone to show up and take OperatorMalfunction so that I have an internet sibling.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Good thread idea, because buddy I wanted to ask YOU that question.
I chose AccessDenied for 2 reasons.
1) Believe it or not I had only gotten this computer in Feb. of this year, and became a member in March.I didn't have a computer before.
2) My worse half is/was a controlling bastard and I always needed permission to do anything.

The name fit, and was completely appropriate I thought.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I got my name naturally, it came up way before that guy from Jackass, I've been called that by my fam and friends, it just sticked with me !!

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My username is my de facto name, and will be my legal name in a few years.

Iori is the Japanese equivalent of my English first/birth name.
Komei is, well I'm not sure how I cam up with it.

Interestingly enough there have been, throughout Japanese history, Emperors with
the name Iori and Komei as well as a famous Samurai named Iori, mind you I did'nt
know this until after I started using it.

[edit on 8/27/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
whitewave is what my given name means in welsh. since i have a pathological lack of imagination, when the site asked for a user name, i couldn't think of anything other than my actual name. pathetic, i know. still, i kinda like it.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Funny I just posted this in a mod forum yesterday...I'll post it again...publicly.

I always liked the Doors and Jim Morrison....My name (kinglizard) is taken from his song/poem "The Celebration Of The Lizard".

www.oldielyrics.com...

Here is an avatar I used for a long time...the face in the clouds is Jim.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Besides liking wee baby ducklings, my name started out actually a longgggggggggg time ago.

I was 7 years old, living up in Labrador in the early 70's, and a bunch of the neighborhood kids wanted to play hide 'n seek in the woods.

Someone was chosen to be 'it' and the rest of us raced off to hide.

I ran so far, and happened upon some old farming machinery.

This puppy was pretty new, and I chose to hide in it.

I don't know how I squeezed in, but did. Was pretty pleased with myself, thinking they won't ever find me here.

I didn't hear anyone for a long time, and thought mabey they all buggered off home.

As I was about to get out of the contraption, I hesitated for a longggg time. I was actually afraid to get out! Don't know why.

When I Finally thought I had the nerve, and started to move out, I distinctively heard the words yelled close up in my right ear: "Angie, DUCK!!!!

I yanked my head back so fast, and no sooner had done that when the 'blade' on the front of the tractor came down so fast.

My head was supposed to be where the blade fell into the ground.

I thank my (guardian angel?) that I listened to that voice or I wouldn't be sitting here typing to you all right now.

Hence the Angel in my avatar...assisting the world.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
HHmmmm, superevoman, whell i am the super canadian man of evolution

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
i got my name because i used to wear high-top sneakers all the time when i was younger. Kinda dumb but it just stuck, alot of my friends still call me hikix (high-kicks). I would give my real name but the feds are on my ass.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I have no idea how I came up with my name.

???

Maybe I wanted just 'earth' but it was taken.

Guess I should have thought things out, I just wanted to join at the time.
Im bad about things like that, just jumping in.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
thehumbleone is Jesus, Jesus is thehumbleone.

I chose that name cause I believe Jesus is the most humble human being to ever live.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
My name is the phonetic spelling of UFO of course, and under my avatar in katakana is the Japanese word for UFO ( ユーフォー ). The Japanese pronunciation is "you-foe."

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
As a not to UFO, I watched the movie tonight and it was AWESOME!!! Thanx.

Simius Dei = Imitator of goD

jasn

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
My user name is just a name that I knew that I would be able to remember when I signed up ATS. My user name has no great meaning other then putting a name to my posts .

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Simius,

Cool, I had a feeling you would.

So that's what your name means, of course. Nice.

[edit on 8/28/2007 by yuefo]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
My user name is the same one I use on other message boards I go to, but how I came up with it is this:

It's from a role-playing character I created 15 years ago. I was trying to come up with a name, and while I was looking around, I saw "Vladimir".

I moved the L and changed an I for an E, and you have "Valdimer".

I think it sounds better too.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Mine's a made up word, i was writing a story at the time and malakiem popped in my head, along with archanon. Some people say it sounds like an angel name. Well the whole name is malakiem kershef.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
When I first landed here, I did a lot of reading before I actually signed up :

"General Eyes" - just another pair of peepers lurking about.

Also, "generalize" - because I take a middle of the road approach to some issues...

AND I'm a military brat, so, of course - rank and entitlements.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
well to get my screen name you would have to watch king of the hill. dale gribble is the conspricy king and i thought it was a fitting name for ats. i was shocked to see that no one had already used this name...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join