It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Troops deployed to Washington D.C.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic
[I'm having a hard time finding any distinction that D.C. wouldn't fall under the Posse Comitatus Act, nor do I believe that D.C. would be allowed to violate US Code.

I'm not sure if I agree with it, but court rulings (I can't find which - your help would be nice) have stated that, since a federal district is federal property, military use in Washington, D.C. short of search, seizure, or arrest is lawful. I'd love to read the explanation given (I think the justification relied in part on Section 8 of Article 1 of the Constitution?). This is why the Bonus Army incident wasn't blatantly illegal.

Originally posted by Infoholic
Congress still has ultimate authority over Washington, D.C.... even though Congress has delegated large amounts of authority to it's municipal government.

Correct.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 11 11

Dead wrong it has not instilled fear into me at all. I and others actually feel safer knowing they are protecting the capitol and east coast.

[edit on 8/27/2007 by shots]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I think we need to also bear in mind that Bush's term is almost up, he may be setting the stage for a justification to claim "emergency powers" and serve beyond his term.
Oh yea, our time is nearly up. God help us.
This is Cheney's and Bush's fondest WISH.

Carry on. We're at the threshold of something big-

Be prepared.

I must be psychic, all these years on here telling that something like this would come down and people laughing.

Well, go ahead and laugh.
If you can find it in your heart.

Edit to remove a not lady-like comment.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Guys maybe we're preparing for war.

The NWO could be a possibility but look at the news it seems like this country is moving into a wartime readiness state. Remember what happened after 9.11, this country unified as one, mostly, but still. Maybe war will happen everyone will feel good together and then NWO comes into the picture. Phones monitored all the time, rfid implants to criminals eventually moving to the general population because of the supposed benefits on how easy it is going to be to checkout of grocery shoping. And secure credit cards, bs pretty much but really think about this.

Say you wake up tommorow and see on TV that WWIII is here. First thing on my mind will be how many months until we see the NWO in power. Also your president is now our dictator.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I got the feeling that Bush is about to attack Iran and he may need to protect the Capitol from the amount of American citizens that will protest against the attack.

That is my feelings about this.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Russia flying sorties again, China selling toxic items to the US and Iran going forward with nuclear ambition. Throw in radical religious beliefs and a strong hatred of the West and you have a cocktail for war and/or terror.

What if Cuba decides to house Russian and Venezulan troops? What if Chavez is told he can park missles off our coast? There are alot of things out there that can happen, and another tip off is the French president and his ramblings of taking out Iran with a bombing capaign. There is no martial law, but war is imminent.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
i think something is up but it also could be nothing but not tobe rude i think bush is scared that his term is almost over like one guy said in an above post bush probably wants to start something so he can stay the pressident longer what a coward.
peace

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I also wish they would impeach bush.I think al gore would have done a better job then bush has done so far.I bet there would have never been a 9/11 if bush was not pressident.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

A battalion wouldn't be sufficient for that size crowd. Realistically you'd need at least a division or two, maybe more.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Bush and Cheney are NOT going to allow this presidency and power to slip by their fingers, no sir.

Go ahead and think all of this is being done for our protection. Its your right to think so. The last thing Cheney and Bush has on their minds is to PROTECT YOU AND ME.
For Pete's sakes, what is it going to take?

Again, of course, i hope i'm wrong, but if i'm not, we are all going to be @#$#$!!!!!

No matter who you are, no matter how you feel, you will wish you were dead if Bush declares Marshall Law and becomes THE DICTATOR.

But who knows, this may have to do with the alien attack TOMORROW, and to protect the capital from the little green men. Tomorrow is De Day for our alien friends to come visit.
I hope its the alien invasion and not Bush and Cheney preparing for the dictatorship.

I wonder what the Decider will do.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

Yes you are right but this is just the beginning, we don't know yet what could be also in high alert.

National guard, Blackwater security mercenaries you name it.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I think we need to also bear in mind that Bush's term is almost up, he may be setting the stage for a justification to claim "emergency powers" and serve beyond his term.

This is a very good point considering the Republicans dont have a powerhouse for the 2008 elections. How convenient would it be for "emergency powers" to kick in.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Folks, this is your friendly neighborhood SkepticOverlord with an unfortunate gut-check... a feeling of which I sincerely hope I'm way off base.

For those precious few "old timers" who were active online between January 2001 August of 2001, these past few months have "felt" very similar. Unfortunately, there's not much record of those pre-9/11 days except bits and pieces of what's found in Archive.org -- but as I'm sure any "old timer" (or "Crosby, Stills, and Nash") will tell you, it "feels like we've been here before."

The whirlwind of predictions of financial doom and gloom (then it focused on over-spending on Y2K solutions and dot-com investment) combined with a myriad of false-flag speculation and hints of military preparations in July and August of 2001, is very nearly being repeated these past few weeks... but on a much larger scale across of wide spectrum of more active and noticeable websites.

If this indeed is happening again -- and no one hopes I'm full of (you know) more than I -- our best recourse is to "talk it up" and be noticed. Send the message that the maneuverings that are mainly unnoticed by "traditional media" are indeed noticed and deciphered by the intelligent "crowd" of AboveTopSecret.com and countless other like-minded online communities.

And reading what our members are saying on this and related threads, I've come the think that our motto of "deny ignorance" is taking an important step forward to "deny manipulation." An evolutionary result of your collaborative speculation and research.

Carry on.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

I think the next thing that people like us will be called is traitors.

They call us crazys and nuts now for thinking outside the box and thinking for ourselves. Just wait until things go over the top.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Ours is not a problem between republican or democrat, but rather one between truth and lies. There is no difference between the two major parties. They both work against the greater needs of the people.

[edit on 8/27/2007 by ~Vixen~]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valdimer
reply to post by ~Vixen~

I think the next thing that people like us will be called is traitors.

They call us crazys and nuts now for thinking outside the box and thinking for ourselves. Just wait until things go over the top.

Some of us already carry that title. All the more reason to prepare ourselves and our families for what inevitably lies ahead. When things hit the fan, we'll be vindicated, but more importantly, we'll survive.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Folks on here are doing more than questioning authority. Its rampant paranoia going on around here. Every time a piece of news like this comes to light, folks immediately start jumping to outlandish conclusions and then they find out theres nothing new.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
US Troops deployed to Washington D.C.

This is nothing new . this has been going since the 1980's . I know, because I went to DC a few time for this mission. Most Air Defense personal get this duty and it rotates from unit to unit and base to base in the U.S .

That's all it is , nothing to to get worried about. just dont fly where your not suppose to. you will get shot down with little or no warning.

good day.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well perhaps that is where they plan to initiate the alien landing scenario to ring in the NWO and the complete population control agenda.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
"Doesn't mean he won't be in the line of fire in Washington, D.C., but it does give me a little comfort," Yolanda McCormack said, whose husband is being deployed.

Families may get one or two opportunities to see loved ones during this year-long deployment, but it’s not encouraged. Though the solders are staying in the states, they are on serious business.

Staff Sgt. James Todd said duty at home is just as important as the mission overseas.

NO DISRESPECT BUT BECUZ OF MY KNOWLEDGE I MUST TAKE SOME SORT OF CONTROL NOW IT IS VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE LISTEN TO ME YOU ARE ALL VERY VERY SMART BUT YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THE EXTREME IMPORTANCE OF WHATS IS GOING ON AS IM TYPING THIS.....

UPON LEARNING OF THESE TROOPS BEING DEPLOYED TO D.C, I MUST CONNECT DOT FOR YOU ALL NOW.....

1)prisonplanet.com...
(BIG BANKERS R SET UP FOR PROFIT WITH OPTIONS B4 NEXT BIG TERR ATTAC LIKE WITH OPTION ON AIRLINERS B4 911)

2)prisonplanet.com... (TROOPS BEING DEPLOYED CUZ RIT AFTER THIS TERR ATTAC COMING FROM TODAY TILL 9/22/07 BIG TERR ATTAC THEN MARTIAL LAW SEE THEM PREPARE NOW? UNDERSTAND MORE?

3)prisonplanet.com... (More than 90 percent of the Army's new recruits since late July have accepted a $20,000 "quick ship" bonus to leave for basic combat training by the end of September, putting thousands of Americans into uniform almost immediately.)

DO U SEE PATTERN ? THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, EVERY1 B AWARE TELL ALL U CAN TELL, GET YOUR GUNS READY !!!! GET WATER FILTER AND STORED FOOD READY ! PROTECT FAMILY AND DONT TRAVEL ! ANYDAY FROM NOW TILL 9/2207 WILL B BIG TERR ATTAC BOOM, MY SOURCES HAVE SAID IT WILL BE CHEMICAL OR BIOLOGICAL ATTAC SUMWEA ON WEAT COAST PREF TEXAS BEING TARGET, BUT IT WILL

BE MULTIPLE ATTAC IN MULTI CITY LIKE 1 BIG DAY OF TERR ATTAC SPREAD OUT OVER THE HOURS IN THE DAY ATTAC MULTI CITYS THEREFORE MARTIAL LAW MUST BE DECLARED THEN TROPPS READY TO BOMB IRAN BCUZ THIS ALL WILL BE LINKED TO IRAN FOR GOOD REASON TO GO TO WAR, WATCH PLEASE LISTEN

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join