It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Anyone Help Me With My Graphics Card Problem?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Alright
was just wondering if anyone could help me
i'v just started playing World of Warcraft (about 3 weeks ago)
for the past few days its started to lag extremely
i contacted blizzard and told them my comp specs and they advised me to get a new graphics card as my old one is very out-dated
i checked to make sure it wasnt my internet connection, then blizzard told me it was extremely good luck that my graphics card (SiS 630/730)
even let me play the game for 3ish weeks
i have decided to buy a new graphics card, they said i could get an ok one for between £40-70, i dont play too many games on my PC just W.o.W
They (blizzard) recomended Graphics Card - 64 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5700 class card or above)
I have found a graphics card i think will be suitible

LINK:
www.play.com...

Would this Graphics card sort out my problem and end the lagging of my game?
And is this graphics card, Equal or better than the recommended?

Any info anyone has will be greatly apprichiated =)

Many Thanks

[edit on 27-8-2007 by XxXzombieXcoreXxX]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
That graphics card on Play.com is better than the one you were told to buy. It has much better specs, etc.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Been playing WoW for about 2 1/2 years now and the one thing I have learned is that lag issues can be caused by both lower end equipment and network connection.
You probably should get the minimum recommended video card but for the game to all of a sudden become laggy, something tells me that Blizzard itself may have something to do with it. Just remember that they will NEVER tell you it's on their end.
Have you heard anyone else on your realm complain of lag lately?
I would check around a little more in game and on your realm forums, chances are that you aren't the only one having these issues.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
My friend found it abit laggy but not to the extent its happening to me.
I find it weird because i can turn my computer on and play the game for between 30mins-1hour and the game will play 100% perfect, not a single bit of lag then all of a sudden, it majorly lags, can't even move my character more than about 5 times in about 10 mins =/

Do you recommend the graphics card i sugested or the one blizzard did?
or not get a new one at all
I just checked again and i got the graphics cards mixed up, i have the
SiS 661FX/GX Mirage Graphics

Many thanks

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Just MHO, it doesn't sound like your graphics card at all. Yes, it may be outdated BUT if you start playing and it is fine then it isn't your graphics card. If it was then it would "lag" from the beginning because it won't degrade over time but remain constant.

Perhaps use the latest drivers, which i am sure you are, and see if it makes game play better but the lag shouldn't be graphics card based!

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It would help to know what your overall system specs were. The video card will only pull so much weight... the rest of the burden has to be done by motherboard, CPU, memory, etc. If memory serves me properly, the video you're currently using (SiS 630/730) is intergrated, and several years old. (At least 3 or 4 years?) IF YOUR SYSTEM IS SLOW, THE FASTEST VIDEO CARD IS NEARLY USELESS.

THE BIGGEST PROBLEM: You linked to a PCI-E video card, however it's doubtful that you have a PCI-E slot on your motherboard to install it. You probably need to get an AGP card, not PCI-E. Make sure that whatever video card you buy is compatible with the slot on your current motherboard, i.e. AGP or PCI-E. The two ARE NOT interchangeable.

EDIT: I see now that you have a SiS 661FX/GX chipset board, which changes the range of system specs for your machine. It support AGP, but I don't believe it supports PCI-E.

[edit on 8/28/2007 by ~Vixen~]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well i checkout out my comp
It has likle 2gb of RAM and runs fine, im pretty sure its the graphics card, its only 32mb and it started to mess up after a patch, so i think it is my graphics card because my FRPS go from like 12ish to about 2 or 1 FRPS
this will be because of my graphics card right?
i have a 256mb graphics card coming tomorrow, nvidia 5200, will that be better?

I also checked into my comp and it opnly has PCI slots, not AGP or PCI-E slots, so i orderd the correct one =)

[edit on 3-9-2007 by XxXzombieXcoreXxX]

top topics

join