It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird weather in paradise.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Check out the tornadoes that were out at sea yesterday off the coast here on Aruba. The weather was totally weird, and I don't remember seeing such dark clouds before. I didn't see the tornado, mainly because I was inside busy on a computer network. But I did go out the door often to see the dark clouds and feel the sudden wind change. The weather came from the cold mountains of Venezuela and clashed with the hot tradewinds, forming these tornadoes.

There is a rumour that one hit the western part of Oranjestad, but I can't confirm that as yet. I might check out that area after work later. Take note that these Tornadoes were weak and were probably not even F1.

Enjoy:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Tornadoes in the tropical islands? Over the sea?

Now thats freak weather!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
We used to get funnel clouds over Hawaii. We'd get a couple a year. We rarely had a tornado touch down but they were known to happen. We had a few spectacular waterspouts, and a tornado that went through a Waianae valley that wiped out a few dozen chickens. Fortunately they were all over unpopulated areas.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
There's been plenty of small tornadoes occurring in the Klang Valley in Malaysia as well recently. I can't post any news articles on it because it seems the government has a policy of not panicking people, so any reports of tornadoes or twister will be downplayed. But I know a twister when I see one.

In fact I was actually hit by a small dust devil about ten days back. It was surreal. One minute the wind was blowing in the wrong direction to the norm, the next minute I had eye full of dust and small stones were slamming into my head. It happened after dark, so I didn't see the dust devil approaching.

After the stones started raining down on me I ran back towards the apartment and when I looked back I could see the twister appearing as it moved over a street lamp, then disappearing back into the dark and reappearing again under another lamp further ahead.

For the next few days, I'd see a circular wave forming over the lake, but the wind always blows it further off shore, disappearing into the night. It was a little bit frightening, but at the same time strangely exhilarating.

top topics

join