It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could fully restore any antique car you wished, what would you choose?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Dream car to restore and for my very own?

So many...hmmmm.

OK. After much thought and pondering many ponders...

*drum roll* 1925 Duesenberg...the car of cars. Not to mention, really, really cool.

drool

[edit on 29-8-2007 by seagull]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I don't even need a second to ponder ... hands down ...

1975 Pontiac Grand Ville Brougham Convertible with the 455 cid engine.

GrandVille photos

I owned one before, and I let it get away. I will never fully forgive myself ... though mine only had the 400 cid engine.

I don't miss the fuel mileage, but I miss EVERYTHING else.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

Is that GrandVille the car they used in more or less every US TV show and film up to about 10 years ago?

Or do a lot of american cars look the same to me?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
haha, no. A lot of cars look similar ... especially in the past. They were boxy.

I actually want this year only ... the tail lights are different than the others, I also liked the side by side rectangle headlights. The GrandVille was only made from 71-76 ... and only a few thousand each year.

This car is 20 ft long (tip of bumper to tip of bumper) and 6 ft wide. ... the hood itself was over 6 ft long. I measured mine once just because it was so massive.

Mine had bucket seats and a floor shift (it was customized). The front end was nearly on the ground, the back end a bit high. The rear wheel covers were welded and sanded for a clean look. The car was monochrome black with about 20+ layers of paint. The interior was black with wood trim and had a white top.

The engine was smooth, and more torque than I could ever use. The tone from the exhaust was very deep and smooth. It has 255/60R15 tires on all four corners with aluminum and black wide 6 spoke rimes. It has a small wing on the trunk lid.

It was a beautiful beast, but ... the floorboard was rusted out. I was a teenager and didn't have the money for a restoration. My father didn't want it sitting in the yard when I stopped driving it for a while because the floor was so rusted and the top ripped while driving one day.

If I ever get the money, I will be getting one and changing it over to what mine once was ... though I do want the 455, not the 400

The favorite of all the cars I have ever owned or driven (including the RX-7s and other classic cars).

I think I am inspired to work towards that goal now! Though, at 9 mpg, and $3+ gallon ... I am a little wary
It would cos nearly $100 to fill it up now, and that barely got me 250 miles
But, a dream car is a dream car ... it just might be worth it!

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Here's mine. 2 doors, hardtop, big-block. 440 Magnum. It's a 1968 chrysler 300. I bought it about 8 years ago and did all the work myself including paint and interior.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join