It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Could BE a Time Traveler; What would you tell....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm starting this thread as an addition/counter piece to the "If you could ask a time traveler a question" thread.

If you had the ability to travel back to any time within the last century + (the year 1900 - now), what time would you travel to?

What information would you attempt to get to the people of that time?

What sights/events would you try to witness? (if that's why you went back to that time)

How would you convince the people of that time that you were really from the future? (really think about this. Anything you take back with you they could always say it was just a product of your own creation in their time IE: Hoax)

In order to prevent the inevitable few that will have 4 pages of times they would go back to and events they would change, assume that you would only be able to make ONE round trip (there and back).

To get it started off:

I would go back to Nov, 22 1963; Dallas, Texas.

Nothing has ever stroked my interest like the Kennedy Assassination. This event alone is single handedly responsible for my fascination with conspiracy and my search for truth. If I ever had the opportunity to find out the truth about the assassination for myself, I would HAVE to take it.

Granted, I would still never learn the whole depth of the conspiracy, but knowing for certain (I already know this in my own mind, but seeing that shooter from the knoll or sewer would be so much better) that Lee Harvey Oswald wasn't the only shooter that day would suffice.

As a side note, If I had the chance to stop the assassination....I'm afraid that I would not no matter how much I would like to. Back to the future struck a chord with me hahahahah.

Jasn

EDIT TO CLARIFY: I'm fairly certain that LHO wasn't a shooter at all that day, but you get what I was saying.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
MODS: Could you please move this to Skunk Works for me?

I went a bit mentally challenged (result of lack of sleep) when I posted this here.

Thanx,
J

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to interact or anything with the native people of that time. I'd just want to watch, prefertably I'd be completely invisible.
I'd go to see all the major roman battles and battles from 100 year war between Brits and France. Wouldn't be half bad to see the pyramids being build also.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'd go back to Saturday, August 25th 2007 at 12:00PM. Then there would be two Powerball winners.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'd convince the Axis leaders to leave Russia alone, I'd warn the Japanese about the ships out at sea so they can get them along with Pearl Harbor, and convince the loyal German scientists to start researching the bomb before America. Since Hitler was big into mysticism, I'd just pass myself off as being able to see the future, and prove it by getting a few major and minor events right.

I would not do this because I think they had things right, far from it. I'd just be interested in seeing what the world would be like if the allies had lost.

Since it's a one time thing though, I'd probably just give myself the winning lotto numbers, and info on what to invest those winnings into.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tebyen

If the world even would exist after such major fidling with the time it would be curious to see what it would be like. I believe in the 'snowball effect' theory that even a single tiny footprint in the past or one killed insect would change the future to something that is impossible to even comprehend. I'd probably do the same if I'd have a safe way to get back to 'my own world'

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
tampering with the past in a major (and possibly minor) way would likely be a BADDDD idea.

Jasn

new topics

top topics

join