It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tunguska Event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
On June 30th, 1908, something exploded 8 km high on the river Stony Tunguska, destroying about 2150 square kilometre of Siberian taig�. Still today, it is not clear whether it was a comet or an asteroid or something else.

The University of Bologna Department of Physics are still unsure as to what caused it.

I remember when I first heard of it, and immediately thought of a crashed UFO.

in the village of Nizhne-Karelinsk in the northwest high above the horizon, the peasants saw a body shining very brightly -(too bright for the naked eye) with a bluish white light. It moved vertically down-wards for about ten minutes. The body was in the form of a 'pipe' (i.e. cylindrical). The sky was cloudless, except that low down on the horizon in the direction in which this glowing body was observed, a small dark cloud was noticed. It was hot and dry and when the shining body approached the ground it seemed to be pulverized and in its place a huge cloud of black smoke was formed and a loud crash, not like thunder, but as if from the fall of large stones, or from gunfire, was heard. All the buildings shook and at the same time, a forked tongue of flame broke through the cloud. The old women wept, everyone thought that the end of the world was approaching.'
The Tunguska Event

Apart from the normal 'comet', 'asteroid' and 'crashed UFO' theories, are there any others ?

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
duh

since tehre was no depression in the forest, there was no giant rock that crashed down on the surface.

coincidentally, 180 degrees down the line from tungaluska, was Nichola Tesla, boy-genius, who was toying with his high-energy electromagnetic "death ray" somewhere in colorado I think.

because the sky was bright as a result of the explosion as well as the resonating THUD that preempted and followed the event, I conclude that it was Nichola Tesla testing his big toy.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
duh

since tehre was no depression in the forest, there was no giant rock that crashed down on the surface.

coincidentally, 180 degrees down the line from tungaluska, was Nichola Tesla, boy-genius, who was toying with his high-energy electromagnetic "death ray" somewhere in colorado I think.

because the sky was bright as a result of the explosion as well as the resonating THUD that preempted and followed the event, I conclude that it was Nichola Tesla testing his big toy.

I was going to bust out on Tesla, but you beat me to it. That's the only thing I can come up with that's not a comet, asteroid, or UFO.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
What about an airborne nuke, the same as happened to Hiroshima & Nagasaki ?

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It could be a UFO but it also could be a rare natural phenomna we haven't heard about. My guess is a UFO nuclear powered space ship blew up. I have read about this before in books and on the Internet apparently at this time a woman in London said the sky was so bright it seemed like day even though it 1.08am this was when the explosion happened. So my guess is a nuclear powered space ship.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
What about an airborne nuke, the same as happened to Hiroshima & Nagasaki ?

This was 37 years before the first nuclear explosion.

If it was a nuke it was not made on earth, and it did not leave radioactive traces that are detectable today. That would be an amazing nuke.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I think it was Tesla. He always was way ahead of his time.

DE

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Sounds like the general consensus is that it was Tesla's doings...
I agree.......

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The Earth collided with a small amount of antimatter. The resulting explosion was from just a sand grain size of the stuff. At least it's an alternate theory that has been kicked around.
I remember hearing that they somehow disproved the Tesla involvment...something about the timing of it all. I'll try and locate the exact debate.
I've always been fascinated by what happened in Tunguska.

EDIT:
This was a link in another thread about the Tesla/Tunguska connection. Credit goes to Kronos.

www.frank.germano.com...

[Edited on 1-17-2004 by darklanser]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I have always thought, and will continue to think, a UFO blew up. More than likely of extraterrestrial origin.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

1. The object looked like a shaft or cylinder of light, white, and brighter than the sun.
It had a 500 mile long trail that was not smoky but looked like bright, iridescent, multicolored bands.
A magnetic storm began a few minutes after the explosion. A compass was useless in Irkutsk, 600 miles away.
Electromagnetic pulse like anomalies (EMP) were reported on the opposite side of the planet.
In Antarctica unusual aurora displays were observed before and after the Tunguska event.
Part of the object appeared to veer upwards, like it bounced up.
A week before, and for a month afterward, very bright nights were experienced world wide. In some places you could read a newspaper at night.
No meteorite pieces have been found, nor has a crater.
Both plant and animal life have been affected genetically, trees and plants have an accelerated growth rate. This effect was at the epicenter and along the trajectory.
People were burned and died unusual deaths that are similar to radiation exposure. The chief of the Tungus (Evenk) people declared the area enchanted and sealed off. A few people had touched rocks laying on the ground and became sick.
The RH blood factors of several groups of Evenk people are abnormal, as well as several abnormal insect species and plant species.
The large epicenter, where the trees fall radially outward, has within it four smaller swirls having their own radial pattern - observed in 1960. The object exploded at 5 mi up by calculation.
Abnormal levels of radioactive carbon 14 were reported and then later declared to be incorrect. Other radio-isotopes were searched for but not found.
A pillar of smoke and bright fire was seen from 250 miles away. Horses were thrown down 400 miles away. A sound like thunder claps came four in succession and was heard 500 miles away.
One side of trees were burned as far as 40 miles away.
Tiny green globules of melted dust called trinitites were discovered in the area, similar to those produced at the Trinity site of the first atomic bomb test in New Mexico.
2. Menotti Galli, Giuseppe Longo, and Romano Serra of the University of Bologna have been looking for carbon 14 and other materials. One thought in the U.S.A. is that some hydrogen would compress and heat up to create a fusion reaction. This would produce neutrons that would be absorbed by the nitrogen in the air and form carbon 14. No carbon 14 was found, but captured in the resin of surviving trees was unusual concentrations of "high Z" metals. These metals have a large number of protons (copper, gold, and nickel), and were present in quantities ten times more near the time of the explosion than before or after.

MORE AT:
www.tmeg.com...

Tunguska was either en electro-magnetic weapon, or an

ANTI-MATTER METEOR

Both explanations could create the EM anomalies.

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by ArchAngel]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I remember seeing the study of the explosion a few times (history channel or Discovery) and they ruled out a lot of possibilities.(they ruled out a lot of stuff because there were still trees standing at the epicenter even all the trees around them for quite a distance were FLATENED)

Possiblities they posed:
Earth Collided with minnature black hole
the brain storming of Einstein

That was pretty much it.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
I think it was Tesla. He always was way ahead of his time.

DE

Agreed!
Nikola Tesla invented many of the weirdest, and most high-tech devices ever seen.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
There's more to it.
I happened to run across the aerial view of the river and realize how strange it looked.
Then I wanted to see a larger aerial view and couldn't find one, anywhere.
Somehow I stumbled across this picture too.

The Kimchu river in siberia (Tunguska event occurred ) here.
db2.photoresearchers.com...

North Central Mexico..
globalwarming-arclein.blogspot.com...
Scroll down some.
Examine these two images..
It gives me the chills. Look how alike they would be..imagine how it would have been in 1908..The S style..
edit on 25-6-2012 by zFlyingFreez because: Fix link

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I can detail you all of this....

One day, another meteor will hit the earth.

Tunguska was a meteor, or a type of star that was very close to the earths atmosphere, it sucked into the Earth.

It's possible it was a meteor.... But, to polish the fine forest.... it was a type of explosion that we all will never find out.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by matty1053
Tunguska was a meteor, or a type of star that was very close to the earths atmosphere

Strange, I must have missed where in Astronomy 101 it stated that a meteor is a star. You dont have stars in the upper atmosphere... Meteors and comets however - plenty.
edit on 25-6-2012 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I would find it humorous that to master space travel you have 90% Chance for a wormhole or 10% chance it blows up on you.
edit on 25-6-2012 by PandaLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Here's a link to another site's thread with several very interesting links imbedded in it.
It made for some very interesting reading...

www.weird-reality.org...

top topics

join