It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there be Free Elections in 2004?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 12:32 PM
link   
"It seems to me that when touch screen computer voting is instituted in many key states, and when the source codes for those computers are written by heavy contributors to a single party, but not inspected by unaligned auditors, it is more than a legitimate question to ask. "
No paper trail either......

members.shaw.ca...

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 03:43 PM
link   
yeah, but who makes the voting computers, who writes the code, and who do they contribute to? Lazy ass author can't even look that up?

This authors' misconceptions of the Florida voting problem leads me to believe he's not very informed - he is a Gore supporter from the looks of it so it's far from a bias commentary.

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 07:58 PM
link   
ChoicePoint. Owned & Operated by a Bush Pioneer Circle donor. The company paid over a $$$Million bucks to do what was previously done by another vendor for about $7K, in compiling Florida's voter roll. The company that barred people from voting in Florida because of erroneous lists. The company that settled out of court along with Jeb Bush in numerous law suits because of that disenfranchisement. THOSE folks.

But on the sheer face issue: How the hell can we trust a system that does not have:

a) a paper trail
b) by nature 'hack-able'
c) have no fed audit standards & procedures

My last shop during my tech career was a bank......do you know how many audit hoops a software vendor who writes banking programs has to jump through? Yet, the direction of our nation is to be left to a zero audit medium?
Can you say Butt Freakin' Crazy!?!?!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
So.... Did it change since then???

new topics

top topics

join