It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie Rant -- Movies are for Entertainment!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Okay,

let me start this off by saying that I am a freaking movie NAZI!!! I love em!!

Like most of us, I tend to let silly things in movies get to me from time to time (stupid things characters do, bad direction etc).

BUT, it seems to be getting a bit out of hand with some so called movie fans.

Take a movie like Vacancy for example. Not the best movie in the world by any means but it was indeed entertaining as hell and ORIGINAL (which is something to be said these days with all the remakes and sequels). Sure, the movie had plenty of cinemagraphic and directorial flaws but SO F'N WHAT?? Too many people are forgetting that movies are made to entertain us, NOT to be "perfect" in every way.

Just using Vacancy as an example and check out the negative reviews this film receives over at IMDB.com. 99% of them are "ohhh that was so stupid, they messed up the continuity 23 times." or "the directing was just lame". They say absolutely NOTHING about the actual entertainment value of the movie, they just sit there and nitpick stupid little details like the freakin bathroom windown having two panes knocked out and then when they cut back to it one of those two frames gets knocked out again. NO DAMN WONDER these people didn't enjoy the freakin movie. They are too busy setting there making sure all the same wrinkles remain in the bedsheets between cuts.

Whatever happened to going to watch a movie to be ENTERTAINED?

I must say, if you honestly can not enjoy a movie because of a stupid little continuity error. You need to cease watching movies and find yourself another form of entertainment. Also, you may want to figure out exactly what point in time that stick got lodged up your a**.

Jasn

mod edit: removed all caps from title

[edit on 27-8-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I hate this so much, there are some people who i just cant watch movies with anymore because they point out all the flaws, if I wanted to watch something for non entertainment values but for perfection values, i would go outside in the real world, not much continuity errors there

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Good post. I have to agree - what's with these movie critics at times? Do they go to the movies with a pen and paper just to find faults? They need to go and allow themselves to be entertained. That's what movies are for. If it was a factual drama and the facts were communicated incorrectly then fine, knock it. But if you go and watch the simpsons and then come back and say the clocks never moved then i think they need to put in nice little white jackets with nice shiny brown straps and locked in a little room with padded walls.

join