It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor was right!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Call me cray... but some of his predictions came out false, but some of his other predictions came out true or close to true, like the one about a woman president running for 08 trying to protect her power, and the predictions about the world in the Middle East coming to a catastrophic state, vying for war, for power. Plus, the 2004 election seemed close to being a civil war. I don't know about you but I think John Titor knew a lot more than some of you may think he did.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
like the one about a woman president running for 08 trying to protect her power,

Where did he say that?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

I'm going to find where he said that but I remember reading that, but check this out.

from www.johntitor.com

CIVIL WAR, D.C.-STYLE?

It's a civil war in Washington. The combatants have an eye-for-an-eye mentality. The partisanship is heated and nasty.

Republicans versus Democrats? Nah. This one pits the media against the White House.
It's a war the media can't win, and shouldn't wage.

Don't you think that's a little like what's happening rigth now?

[edit on 27-8-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Umbrax

I'm going to find where he said that but I remember reading that, but check this out.

I wrote TinWiki's article on Titor and also researched his writings for a short story I wrote.

Please find the link and quote where he says anything about the 2008 election. I'd like to see it.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

Look at www.johntitor.com/civil war, and also I found the link.
EDIT: FOUND IT!

3. The jury is still out on his civil war prediction. John plainly stated that the war would have its beginnings in 2004 - 2005 but would lead to a shooting war in 2008, the same date he told us we may have a woman president!

My question, is WHO THE HELL IS HE?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   

In the meantime, you might want to look at this.
www.johntitor.com...

What exactly do you want me to look at on that page? It is full of a variation of information.

Are you aware that ATS has archived all of Titor's posts?
THE ATS JOHN TITOR MAIN CONTENT ARCHIVE

Here is the tinWiki article.
tinwiki.org...

EDIT: FOUND IT!

These are not Titor's words though. That is not a direct quote from Titor.

When you constantly change your whole post like that it makes it hard to reply to what you have said.
Good night.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

I'm just wondering why a lot of people labeled him as a hoax, when he is being really indirect and misleading, so and he's telling us to figure out a lot of the answers on our own. good night.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You know, going back through Titor's stuff is actually pretty chilling. Being that he posted this stuff well before 9/11, it becomes even more interesting. I don't think people realize how much things in this country have shifted since 9/11, and how Titor's predictions seemed crazy at the time, but almost coming to fruition now.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Another thought I had. since JT said that when you travel in time, you end up in a slightly different world than the one you came from. Like he said sports scores are different, etc. So this would mean that his overall statements could be correct, but the little details around them could be different.

Of course this is a pretty clever way to make predictions, and allow a very broad level of interpretation. But I am still intrigued by some of the things he has said looking at the world coming up on 2008.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yeah I agree. So does that mean when he gets back to his time, that everything in history has changed? All the super bowls that he thought were won, olympic winners, etc.. Does he have to relearn all the history that has changed in his new world?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
according to his explanation of temporal mechanics and the whole worldline thing, yes it could be slightly different. i forget what terminology he used but it was something along the lines that when you go back in time you have to pick another worldline that is nearly identical to the one you came from - apparently there were instruments that would measure how much a particular line deviated from the one you came from. any progression to the future happens in the current worldline.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If i was a time-traveller i would be 100% right because i would witness all the events that happened right before my very eyes! I would also be rich because i would bet on all the sports teams that i saw win when i was 9 years old. It doesn't make sense, if you aren't 100% right.. then you weren't there!

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Love the John Titor story

2 things I have trouble with, though.

He needs the IBM computer so he time travels to obtain it. But he says that the time-line cant be traced perfectly so our time-line has a 1-2% variance from the one he came from. That might mean that the computer code is 1-2% diffferent rendering it useless.

Alright, say he got the computer, now its time to go back. John admits he cant ever go back to the original time-line he left from, it will be a couple of percent different. So again I run into the same problem. What good does it do for scientists on his time-line to send John to get a computer they will never recieve?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
John Titor was a fraud. Dont get me wrong, I love the idea of someone being able to come back and tell everyone about the future but the majority of his stuff just isn't true. Of course he would say that things wont be like he said due to whatever reason, but thats just obviously to cover his tracks. I really do want to believe this was true but there just isnt enough evidence to confirm his story. Some of his predictions like "a woman running for president" were bound to happen sooner or later, i mean in reality his predictions were rather predictable for someone claiming to be from the future

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I love Titors story also, but I think its all BS.

But he says that the time-line cant be traced perfectly so our time-line has a 1-2% variance from the one he came from

This is the fatal flaw imo.

If Titor changed anything in the timeline then ALL of the events afterwards would not happen the way he knew/said it would and he would be just as ignorant of the future as the rest of us. Not just partially ignorant.

This leads another flaw.

Titor's world is the way it is because of the things that went wrong in our time. If Titor is in our time and the time he came from is the way it is, then there should be a direct line from the events of today to the events of tomorrow. No matter what Titor does he should automatically know about it since Titor IS living in the past and all his information is from the future.

Think of it like this. If you went back in time and punched yourself in the face as a kid, you would have a memory from childhood of a guy punching you in the face. It would seem to be a childhood memory even though you JUST punched your child-self in the face.

Frankly I find his story bogus, but like I said it is very interesting. He knows more about why he may be wrong about events he talks about than the actual events he talks about.

Just my opinion anyways.

What happene to Titor? I think I missed something. Is he still talking? If not, did he give a reason why he stopped?

[edit on 29/8/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Pfeil,
if you think of Time Travel as traveling to alternate dimensions, rather than "actual" time travel, which I believe is what JT was trying to put across, then the whole "paradox" scenario you detail, won't happen.

In effect, you are traveling to a different world, one where events have happened almost exactly the same as in your world, but say for example, the Big Bang happened 30 years later.

Like the TV series Sliders. You won't meet yourself from the past, but you could, in effect, meet another you, separate from the "real" you.

So there would be no paradoxes, as you are visiting a different world's Present, rather than your world's Past.

If you believe in the infinite dimension theory, then travel like this is theoretically possible.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

No one has been able to prove Titor to be a fraud.

As far the the female president thing he said he/she when refering to the next president and that this president would be only interested in his/her power base...or close to it..

No there is no civil war in America nor has there been since 2004/2005. However the civil war he was referring to was in his time line not ours. He said there was a 1-2% variance between time lines or world lines. So just because it happened in his, does not mean it will happen in ours. Also there have been no Waco type events every month, unless you count the Katrina mess and the rounding up of guns. But again this world line is not going to be the same as his. Y2k was a big mess in his world line but not ours, I believe he was surprized by that.

As far as the 5500 Ibm computer he needed for the code....I bet Apple is spelled the same in most world lines/ time lines.

Fascinating story How many people here thought a civil war or that our personal liberties would be taken away or infringed on Before 9/11?

Now how about now??

You gotta love what he wrote about bicycles...Again before 9/11

Now how about now??

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
Love the John Titor story

2 things I have trouble with, though.

He needs the IBM computer so he time travels to obtain it. But he says that the time-line cant be traced perfectly so our time-line has a 1-2% variance from the one he came from. That might mean that the computer code is 1-2% diffferent rendering it useless.

Alright, say he got the computer, now its time to go back. John admits he cant ever go back to the original time-line he left from, it will be a couple of percent different. So again I run into the same problem. What good does it do for scientists on his time-line to send John to get a computer they will never recieve?

For what I understand is that the 1-2% variance is such a minor thing that even tho this variance happens it doesn't change the fact that in the year 2036 they still need the IBM 5100 because the variance isn't enough to change major events and the physical object he brings back doesn't change so the code and functions of it stays the same in the future and works just as it did when he grabbed it from 1975.

He said when he returns the people, (the scientists, military people or who ever watched him leave), only notice him gone for a few seconds then he "returns" in front of them. Even tho Titor may have been gone for years he returns to the future as close to the original date and time from when he left, (a few seconds ahead), so the ones who stood there and seen him vanish to the past watch him reappear a few seconds later in their eyes.

I think the variance differences he is talking about are also things like it may be hotter that day then it was when he was first there or maybe the scientists who are standing there waiting seem to have gained a little weight then when he saw them before or maybe the amount of food produced for that year was a little less then when he first left or maybe theres more clouds in the air when he returns and things like that. 1-2% is so minor that I think he was saying that regardless of this variance the main events in history still happened and are still the same it is just that they aren't exactly identical as before because he is on a different world line when returning but he is in such a close world line as the original that everyone, even his mother, still recognizes him and they still have the same needs as before so he fits right back in and all is fine except for the minor 1-2% variances that only he notices now that he is back.

His predictions are pretty vague and predicting a future woman President back in 2000, well a lot of people did do that. As far as that ending up happening is another thread

All said IMO,
Bzzzzzzz

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Still though how do we know for sure that our timelines would have a 1-2% variance? It hasn't been possible for us to determine whether or not this is true because we don't have the technology yet. So in a topic so outrageous (but a good kind of outrageous), i'd rather adopt a see it to believe it stance

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
John Titor. Good old John. I don't think he was a time traveller. I do however think he was a government insider with pre-knowledge of the way things were going to play out in the first decade of our new century. I think he may be a sort of fifth column within our government.

top topics

join