It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horse Flu Spreads across Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
www.news.com.au...

Lots of articles floating around about the Equine Virus outbreaks all over and I would be interested as to why its not making front pages ?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
it is making front pages and honestly I cannot see what the fuss is about.

yeah, any virus spreading is bad, but the fact that horses are related to gambling and the corporate elite, is why its the first news on every radio station.

Im over it. theres more important things in the world than horses getting sick to run as your cover story.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This is all over the news to be honest. At this stage they think it has been quarantined.
Lets just hope it doesnt cripple the racing industry, especially with the Australian Spring Carnival approaching.
I heard on the radio, that it has previously stopped racing for 5 months in another country. (cant remember which country).

Yesterday the T.A.B lost 40mil alone. www.news.com.au...
If this continues for 5 months or more, it could actually cripple some betting agencies.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I just had a brain wave.

I only go to the Melbourne Cup to drink grog, prev on the ladies, and place the occasional bet.

If they just replaced the horses with grey hounds, strapped a midget on the back, I really wouldnt notice much of a difference.

Problem solved!

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
This has the potential to cost the Australian economy hundreds of millions of dollars if it continues for too much longer.

Loss of income for many people from wagering companies to farriers.

Very serious business indeed, the racing industry is very much one of the top 10 industries in the country when it comes to employment and the income it produces...

Peace

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
hmmm and the mysterious dieing of camels in Saudi. This is one messed up planet. IMHO

new topics

top topics

join