It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Red Fireball in Sky…. UFO??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I guess im here to post a UFO sighting. November 18th 2006, me and my girlfriend were at the beach in Waimanalo on the Island of Oahu. We had been laying around the beach most of the day, and decided to stay after it had gotten dark to lay out and watch the stars. The sighting was probably around 9:30 or so. That night we weren't so interested in watching the stars and decided to enjoy each-others company. During this I had a very strange feeling like I was being watched by someone or in my case something. Eventually I looked around and saw a red fireball floating above the water. As I remember the fireball was prob around the size of a very large beach ball, and was floating 50 or so feet off the water. From my location it was at a 45 deg angle from me. As we laid watching it the fireball floated and moved around above us. It moved rather fast but continued to stay in our general area. The fireball continued to stay above us for two or three minutes until it just randomly vanished.
Anyways, I have no idea what that fireball was, It would be cool to think of it as a UFO but who knows. But I am wondering if anyone has ever seen the same thing? Or if there are any other members on ATS who live on Oahu and have heard of these things?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Many sightings of this phenomena in north Europe too.

Ive seen one from close up, flying over my house and got the same strange sensation of being watched too.
Was a like u described it, a real flying ball of fire, not a ballon or anything going about 20 mph in one direction and then accelerated in another direction.

There are many hundreds of these ufo`s in Holland alone.

Strange, very strange..

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Just about a week and a half ago, I was in Florida with my parents, my brother and his friend. It was just after dark. We all watched this red ball float out over the ocean, just past the shore line, about a mile away. It seemed float in one spot for a couple of minutes, then fly between two condos, come back out over the water and start moving towards us. None of us knew what it was because of the way it seemed to move was so strange. We kept thinking man could this really be a UFO. There were even several other people who had been walking on the beach who stopped and were watching it intently, as well. It turned out to be none other than... a helicopter, it was spraying something out the back (probably something to kill sand fleas, not sure).

Anyway, we figured the ocean is huge, it's hard to judge distance, it is very dark out over the water, so it really plays with your eyes and mind. And to top it off, we never heard any noise until it was pretty much directly in front of us.

Definitely not saying what you experienced wasn't a UFO, but our little incident had us all fooled.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
wow i never expected many other people to have had similar experiences. I wonder what it could have been? Im going to be heading out there again soon to see if i can find any other fireballs and possibly take pictures of it this time around. thanks for your input

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
You have to keep an open mind when viewing things like this over water from a distance. It plays tricks on you.

But good luck getting it on film/video. Be sure to post it when you get it!

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I do agree with keeping an open mind, especially if it is far away. But what i saw was very close and not all that far over the water. But i cant wait to go back and take picts if i see anything again. Does anyone on here know how to post picts???

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hi, you can upload your pictures here: www.photobucket.com (requires account), or here www.imageshack.com (dosent require account).
Then just paste link of the image...
Looking forward to see them.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Aloha, we've seen these lights quite a bit on the Big Island. I blogged about it last month here surfingthetao.com...

I know a lot of other people who've seen them too. Can't say for sure what they are, but as you can see from that blog post, they seem to have some kind of intelligence. Weird for sure. We think they're similar to the Marfa lights and other similar sightings around the world.

top topics

join