It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strippers Catch on to Man Using Phony Money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Strippers Catch on to Man Using Phony Money

www.foxnews.com

SMYRNA, Tenn. — A man who authorities say used his computer to make fake $100 bills to buy lap dances at a strip club has pleaded guilty to counterfeiting charges, federal prosecutors said.

Strippers at Deja Vu in Nashville were suspicious of the bills and called police after Damon Armagost spent $600 of the fake money April 16, authorities said.

When officers arrived, Armagost first told them he got the money when he sold gold coins for $1,400 to an unidentified person.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You could make fake money and use it in a lot of places, but these girls are trained professionals.

He downloaded fake money from the Internet and printed it?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
HMMM.He must have thought the strippers were too stupid to catch on.Not all dancers are brainless twits.Seems to me his actions were definitely brainless.:shk:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Counterfeiting is enough of a problem that virtually every cashier in the country has one of those pens attached to the register to identify funny money.

American money is printed on special paper that you're not likely to find at the local Office Depot, so its very feel would be noticeable to anyone who handles a lot of cash, which would include almost anyone and especially strippers who might handle more than a hundred bills in a single shift.

The biggest mistake anyone can make is to think that no one is smarter than himself and, in fact, that is probably the most common mistake made by those who would seek to deceive.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This is one of those sad, pitiful stories that just makes you laugh until your sides hurt. Sometimes I wonder about humanity, at least mine, because clearly that guy is right now feeling pretty miserable, and here I am laughing my a__ off! And I can't help it. What a stupid thing to do. Maybe the judge will be a little compassionate and give him a light sentence, you know, because it's not like he's a really bad person, he was just being mischievous. Too bad he chose to play with a a stick of dynamite that counterfeiting money is. Definitely a sad sack story.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Not all dancers are brainless twits.

Hmmm I dunno, he did get $600.00 worth of services before anyone caught on... maybe it was just dark in there and hard to see the bills clearly

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Imagine this scenerio:

* Guy waves a wad a bucks at stripper.
* Stripper's eyes light up.
* Stripper says: "One sec honey", and pulls out one of those blue-light thingys (the kind they use at banks to check for phony money) from her
g-string
* Stripper runs wad of bills under light
* Stripper declares bills good.
* Lap dance time!

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Seriously, you'd think the strippers would keep one of those marker pens handy like they use in convenience stores to check for fake bills.

The guy received $600.00 worth of services before they suspected anything, I mean dayum! It had to of taken awhile to indulge yourself to the point of six hundred bucks or more, ya know?

That's a whole lot of booty shake'n, those girls had to of lap danced their little tushies off to rip that kind of money out of one customer. Man I bet they were mad when they found out the money was fake, it's actually pretty hilarious. Maybe they'll get real jobs now

top topics

join