It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moonshaft Project.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Could this be alien Technology, or maybe advanced ancient race technology?

Location found of lost ancient artifacts in Eastern Europe.

A war hero fighting for his life found the location of buried ancient artifacts in 1944.Lost to the world till 2001.

I have used the search feature on ATS to see if there are any existing threads covering this ‘story’, and I found nothing (advance apologies if I have overlooked it), which surprised me as it seems as if it could be of interest to some of you, and quite an appropriate discussion on this site.

Investigated by The aerial phenomena research organization amongst many others.

Here a link to the original story:

Link

It seems a little far fetched to me, although something about it kept me captivated and believing.

Google links:

Link

~There have been a number of companies trying to locate this ‘treasure’ one of them is noted on unexplainable.net

After talking with other board members about this case plans where made for a trip into the area. Funds where secured by the Museum from a donation from Cekander to finance the trip.

With new information in hand the Museum sent Ted Phillips and a helper Steve Vilmer over for a 6 week investigation to the area. A week before they where to return home Steve Villmer literally fell into the cave that has stayed hidden for 6 decades.

Larry Cekander, Lead Project Coordinator, "states that everything noted as being left in the cave by Tony was there as was the markings on the cave walls as described in the diary. This cave had waited 57 years for someone to find it. We did that. Now we need to finish the job. It still holds secrets but the location is no longer lost.

They are trying to find funding for further investigation.

This can equal or surpass the opening of King Tuts Tomb, locating the Titanic, the Aztec, the Inca's, the discovery of the New World with the bonus of a 10,000 year old cave bear waiting for the team.

I cannot seem to view the sketches, so if anyone could post them here I would appreciate it.

There are no results for a google image search unfortunately.

Your thoughts please.

Regards xS_Gx

[edit on 26-8-2007 by xSMOKING_GUNx]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Not that I believe a word of this...

Sketches can be found Here.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Cheers for the link lex, I think we are on the same level as far as the story goes, but interesting anyway.

We learned that our local contacts had been arrested and locked away. The situation was such that the project was determined too dangerous and was canceled.

Or they realised it was just a story or a waste of money.

I guess that sugests it will always remain a mystery?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I've been into the paranormal for many years but this is the first I've heard about this. Would like to hear/see more if anyone can dig more up.....

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
I've been into the paranormal for many years but this is the first I've heard about this. Would like to hear/see more if anyone can dig more up.....

My thoughts exactly although there does'nt seem to be much more to hear/see.

Move along now, nothing to see here, maybe?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Double post sorry!!

[edit on 27-8-2007 by xSMOKING_GUNx]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This subject came up on C2C last night :Ouote "UFO Trace Cases
First hour guest Ted Phillips talked about his research into UFO trace cases. Phillips said that in the last 40 years, he has collected over 3,300 trace case reports. He noted that the prerequisite for a trace case is that the report must include a witness who observed a craft at the scene. Phillips described the three primary types of trace cases as featuring dehydrated soil, land at the site being burned by heat in the air, or a depression found in the ground. end quote-

Ted Phillips said a trip to this Moonshaft site will be done this winter-he has a team put together and all will be reported on C2C and his web site (and if really big finds "the News around the world").

It was an interesting show to say the least. Mr. Phillips web site is here take a look and refer to it for updates: re: project Moonshaft story: ufophysical.com...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

if anything was there, it is likely gone. I cannot imagine a world military power letting this kind of story go uninvestigated.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Again most of C2C last night was on this topic. I being a caver (cave explorer) for many years, a long time member of the NSS (National Speleological Society) two local grottos (caving clubs) and often do voluntary work in Mammoth Cave, KY. The worlds longest cave system. I found this topic most incredible and somewhat hard to believe so when I got home this morning I did a little looking into the story. I am now tracking down the story with the NSS but it would paper that in the March 1965 issue of the NSS magazine there is a 5-page article of this story by a Dr. A.T. Horak.
I would have to think that if the NSS covered the story that there just might be a hint of truth to it. Not to say that this “Moonshaft” object is an alien thing, but it could very likely be a yet unidentified natural cave formation. If this is the case it may be one of a kind and is very possible that this formation is only found in this one cave. In the caving world one of a kinds is very normal. New discoveries are found all the time in caves and often in just one small area of a cave that can be found no where else in the world weather it be animal or mineral.
But as often happens, “when legend become fact, print the legend”.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
it is miles deep into a mountian. there is no possible way for a country to remove it

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

Check this site out, it has links to all the relevent info:-
www.tenerifeskywatchers.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
it sounds kinda plausible, but what highly educated man with mining experience, would fire a gun in a cave, that far back, multiple times. Every time i've been in a cave it's understood that we speak as little as possible and move as little as possible. maybe it's the closterphobic in me but cave-ins are always a risk.

and what about these guys who have claimed to have refound the cave, yet i've not seen a single photo of the "moonshaft"...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
apparently there were several of these moonshafts being hunted for by the vrill society in ww2 on hitlers instructions as he believed they were entrances to the hollow earth that was inhabbited by the vrill ya the original ayrians
!!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
apparently there were several of these moonshafts being hunted for by the vrill society in ww2 on hitlers instructions as he believed they were entrances to the hollow earth that was inhabbited by the vrill ya the original ayrians
!!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
remember mels hole? could that be another one?

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Bumping this. I searched google for something unrelated and this came up as the first hit, not the thread but the wiki page for it, so of corse I try look here on ATS

top topics

join