It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why bother ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I have a question that has been plaguing me for a while now.

I know that members of ATS are aware of various things outside the scope of the general public. In fact, most of that same 'public' are brainwashed to believe whatever the Government and media tells them.

How many people still believe the official story of 911 for example ? I dare say very few of them reside on ATS. However, if you were to approach someone on the street and ask their thoughts, it is more than likely they would trot out the official story. The same with the Kennedy killing - So many still believe it was Oswald alone who assassinated JFK, despite evidence to the contrary.

My question is this. Why should we bother. Why risk our own reputations to put out something the public refuse to even listen to. They don't believe in a pre-ordained NWO ... that's fine. They don't believe in the 911 conspiracy, thats fine too. But I hope they don't come crying to me when they find out that what they believe are lies embedded in their pre-programmed minds by corrupt Government officials and media barons.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Its entertaining, thought provoking, and eventually, we hope the conpiracies will be casted out. Its sort of a paparaztzzi (cannot spell) for conpiracies.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I must say I like the way you put that

Some people dont believe anything unless it came from the media which is really sad if you ask me, but i imagine that they will learn sooner or later whether it be by someone expanding their mind to the obvious or if the "evil doers" take control.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
i make a point to talk about all these 'conspiracy theories' when ever i can... i get a simmilar response from most people...their eyes fog over, they get a thousand yard stare for a moment and the say wow...it's sorta like they are programed to to that

think of this...is the definition of a 'conspiracy theory' not believing the govt version of a sitution?? most 'consperacy theories' are basicaly this..the govt says this is what happened..those who don't work for the govt or are not associated with the govt say this is what happened. Funny how people seemed to be programed to believe what the govt says even if the physical evidence says something else........
and they better not come cry to me either!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Longshanks

I know that members of ATS are aware of various things outside the scope of the general public. In fact, most of that same 'public' are brainwashed to believe whatever the Government and media tells them.

How many people still believe the official story of 911 for example ? I dare say very few of them reside on ATS. However, if you were to approach someone on the street and ask their thoughts, it is more than likely they would trot out the official story. The same with the Kennedy killing - So many still believe it was Oswald alone who assassinated JFK, despite evidence to the contrary.

My question is this. Why should we bother. Why risk our own reputations to put out something the public refuse to even listen to. They don't believe in a pre-ordained NWO ... that's fine. They don't believe in the 911 conspiracy, thats fine too. But I hope they don't come crying to me when they find out that what they believe are lies embedded in their pre-programmed minds by corrupt Government officials and media barons.

Why bother? Because the truth must prevail. Men (and women) have fought for the truth for years.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

But I hope they don't come crying to me when they find out that what they believe, are lies embedded in their pre-programmed minds by corrupt Government officials and media barons.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The majority of them will make it to the point where everyone is tracked with chips, assigned numbers, without freedoms, and essentially working as slaves (no matter what their job), with all profits going to a small, select group in power, and they still will trust the government and believe everything they tell them and that it is for their good, and so on and so on.

Why bother?

Because some of us don't want to live that way.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well stated Longshanks, now all we have to do is get the rest of the unbelieving population to at least start to wondering!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracer
Well stated Longshanks, now all we have to do is get the rest of the unbelieving population to at least start to wondering!

Which is what this place is an attempt to do - Deny Ignorance.

good post, Longshanks

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Why risk our own reputations to put out something the public refuse to even listen to.

I can remember a time before I knew of the Illuminati and the NWO. If people like David Icke had not risked humiliation to tell of their ideas, I for one would still be stuck in the sheep-pen. That's why I tell what I believe.
If only one person understands, thats one more than before.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Why? Because,
"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"--Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

top topics

join