It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

object over nottingham, united kingdom?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
it looks less like the lanterns that I saw. The Light isn't as defined and I didn't see one in that area. Your right, there was barely any wind that night and I think that maybe You have captured something OTHER than the lanterns which I saw.

maybe a small cloud reflecting the sun which is below the horizon. That is clutching at straws however and unlikely as the sky was crystal clear i believe.

ALSO.. i don't know i you have noticed but to the right of the main object in question, there is a wispy circle which is he same colour. Very faint but it is there (just after and above the green roof)

[edit on 27-8-2007 by fiftyfifty]

Well this is getting better now, i was very skeptical about it being a lantern because I thought it was too long to be on, very interesting!

Could be a small cloud, but very weird if it isn't it? haha

And yes I had noticed the thing to the right of the object, i didn't say anything as I assume it was just a little bit of cloud.

How do i go about getting this analyzed then? Unless it isn't important enough

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well I've flagged the thread for you. Hopefully you will get some more interest and the guys here will go about their usual business lol.

It will be interesting to hear other peoples opinions.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Well I've flagged the thread for you. Hopefully you will get some more interest and the guys here will go about their usual business lol.

It will be interesting to hear other peoples opinions.

Thanks

I just hope it's something good

Always hoped to catch something and always double check any pictures I take

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
How do i edit my first post? I need to put the higher resolutions up the top so people can see

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think it's some kind of reflection on the lens.

As you can see on the image below (you have to click it, it is not visible on the thumbnail), the distance between the two lights is the same as the distance between the two orange "things" in the sky.

Originally posted by nick_crawley
If theres any point seeing as it's been practically debunked
There is always a point, even if it is only to show us what we should not consider a UFO.

And they are nice photos, you could also post them on the Photography of ATS Members thread, to bad the first was a little shaken (not stirred
).

I'm afraid that the "star" is just a bright pixel. You can see it easily if you open the 3 images on a image processing program and overlay the images one over the other. The "star" is always at the same point, 1533 pixels from the left margin, 90 pixels from the top. You also have another bright pixel at 1265 from the left, 381 from the top, another at 2795,898 , another at 631,1275 and another at 1515,1547.

The best way to find those bright pixels is to photograph a completely black scene, like when we forgot to take the lens cap. The bright pixels will be the only pixels not black. To find dead pixels do the opposite, take a photo of a completely white subject, like a bed sheet under bright sun light, the dead pixels will be the black ones.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick_crawley
How do i edit my first post? I need to put the higher resolutions up the top so people can see
I think you can't, we only have a few hours to edit our posts.

Ask a moderator, I am sure someone can do it for you.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I think it's some kind of reflection on the lens.

Thanks for taking the time to check, you look like you could be right, i didn't notice the distance in relation tot the two lights, however the main object is a little strange to be a reflection don't you think?

As for the star that's ok, it was just another little detail I noticed, it just looked like it had moved,

either way you could be onto something there with the reflection, but i still think its a rather strange reflection!

[edit on 27-8-2007 by nick_crawley]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
alright nick im from nottingham and was at the festival aswell that night,
i didnt see anything sorry to say, but i know its not lanterns because none were set off that night,i live in the meadows and have twice seen ufos in that direction from my house and people were sayin what i saw were lanterns as well www.abovetopsecret.com... thats my account sorry no pics
so its weird i know a lot of planes fly over that way landing at east midlands airport so dunno if it was a plane with the sunset reflecting off it or what who knows.but what i seen i know were no planes travelling way to fast. you may also find this intresting if ya scroll down a bit www.ufoinfo.com...
theres a pic of a ufo caught over nottingham city centre in 1976
laters

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by brettcal82
alright nick im from nottingham and was at the festival aswell that night,
i didnt see anything sorry to say, but i know its not lanterns because none were set off that night,i live in the meadows and have twice seen ufos in that direction from my house and people were sayin what i saw were lanterns as well www.abovetopsecret.com... thats my account sorry no pics
so its weird i know a lot of planes fly over that way landing at east midlands airport so dunno if it was a plane with the sunset reflecting off it or what who knows.but what i seen i know were no planes travelling way to fast. you may also find this intresting if ya scroll down a bit www.ufoinfo.com...
laters

There definitely were lanterns because I stood there watching them for about 5 minutes! But like I said, the object in the photo doesn't really look like them and the position is wrong. The lanterns faded out before the got to the county hall.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I have looked at all the photos, and I don't believe it to be a lantern. The lighting is all wrong, if it was one of those lanterns used at parties. The lighting is internal, and I have seen photos of those lanterns lit up. This object doesn't concur with being a lantern.

I would mark it as an unknown, and it is a beautiful shot which makes the scene so tranquil.

I went to Nottingham for Open University, and wasn't aware that it had that lovely riverside. What a beautiful place to take a photo.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by brettcal82
i know its not lanterns because none were set off that night,i live in the meadows and have twice seen ufos in that direction from my house and people were sayin what i saw were lanterns as well www.abovetopsecret.com... thats my account sorry no pics
you may also find this intresting if ya scroll down a bit www.ufoinfo.com...
laters

Alright mate, surprised theres so many people from Notts on here
it's just convenient for them to be lanterns though, just the easy way out of explaining unknown things, so you say you saw these objects in the same sort of direction? Interesting, could be a hotpot for ufo's then

That pic could be anything, it's so old you cant really make a judgment, but still very interesting!

Originally posted by rachel07
I don't believe it to be a lantern. The lighting is all wrong, if it was one of those lanterns used at parties. The lighting is internal, and I have seen photos of those lanterns lit up. This object doesn't concur with being a lantern.

I would mark it as an unknown, and it is a beautiful shot which makes the scene so tranquil.

I went to Nottingham for Open University, and wasn't aware that it had that lovely riverside. What a beautiful place to take a photo.

I agree, I've seen plenty of lanterns and it just doesn't look like one, but I sort of accepted the fact it was as someone had seen them in the same area, but if it isn't then could be something interesting, and yes it's a lovely shot though I do say so myself

The riverside is beautiful, well all around that area is really, even though it has a bad reputation

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I see no one is interested anymore then

top topics

<< 1   >>

join