It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Eclipse on Agust 28th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

As August draws to an end, watchers of the night sky will be in for a treat. In the early morning hours of August 28, sky watchers across much of the world can look on as the Moon crosses in to the shadow of the Earth, becoming completely immersed for one-hour and 30 minutes, a period of time much longer than most typical lunar eclipses. In fact, this eclipse will be the deepest and longest in 7 years.

www.technologynewsdaily.com...

I didn't really know which section to put this in, but I'm guessing it's on this one? This sounds really interesting. It'll be visible after midnight at the mentioned continents.

*Title fixed*

[edit on 26-8-2007 by ZikhaN]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Your title is wrong. That's a lunar eclipse, not a aolar eclipse.

And, according to the article, it won't be visible in Africa or Europe. And totality will be obscured on the U.S. east coast by sunrise.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
so who's going to ne able to see this?... is it worth staying up for?

got the awnser... sorry.

The eclipse will be visible from Australia, parts of Asia and most of the Americas

[edit on 26-8-2007 by KINGOFPAIN]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
Your title is wrong. That's a lunar eclipse, not a aolar eclipse.

And, according to the article, it won't be visible in Africa or Europe. And totality will be obscured on the U.S. east coast by sunrise.

Oh oops, my mistake. I knew that, I just didn't think of it while I wrote the title. Ohh oops, I forgot that part of the text, haha. Okay so Europeans won't be able to see it. Too badT_T

[edit on 26-8-2007 by ZikhaN]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It looks like there's going to be live coverage on this. Here's more information:
Total Lunar Eclipse: August 28, 2007

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Im in Australia and will be trying to get some pics of it. Wont be very good tho - no telescope or anything. but i'll let you all know how its goes

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Here's another website with some pretty cool graphic animations:
Shadow & Substance

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
It's pretty cool how many astronomical events are packed into this small time frame. We just had 2 meteor showers within a few months of each other, we're getting a nice lunar eclipse, there's another meteor shower september 1st that's believed to be a rare outburst resulting in a high number of bright blue green meteors, and mars is coming closer to earth, resulting in a nice red light becoming more dominant in the sky (and it's to be parallel with another bright red star so we'll have some cool lookin demon eyes action) Unfortunately, someone's bound to "connect the dots" and predict the end of the world... yet again. Or will it be the return of jesus... again. Or First Contact...again.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Just getting ready now for the eclipse it'll be happenin here in New Zealand in 1 hour i'm gona film it..might catch some ufos in the mix to hahahaha..

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Just getting ready now for the eclipse it'll be happenin here in New Zealand in 1 hour i'm gona film it..might catch some ufos in the mix to hahahaha..

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

A preview if you missed it happening or can't see it.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Did it happen? Any pictures? Is it over?

It reminds me of Steven King's Dolores Claighburn. Any UFO's around the eclypse?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
currently a full lunar eclipse in Melbourne australia, the moons blood red and slightly darker to the bottom left hand corner, dont know why and cant post pics coz dont have the camera technology for it.

looks kinda cool, different.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Saw it.
Looked cool but was WAY to cloudy.

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
currently a full lunar eclipse in Melbourne australia, the moons blood red and slightly darker to the bottom left hand corner, dont know why and cant post pics coz dont have the camera technology for it.

looks kinda cool, different.

What part of Melbourne are you from?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Alas, as usual this is another event i will not witness....

this time it's the rain & clouds that have socked my sky in for the last 3 days already ....i'm in S.Carolina, USA

guess i'll find a streaming WEB site to view the event

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Here's a couple of pics that I managed to grab from my back yard in Adelaide, Australia.

Apologies if they are too big, please let me know.

new topics

top topics

join