It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling On Folks From North West UK

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well saint.

Im a nice guy and i earned everything i have. I am really looking forward to meeting some of you.

I think i will bring a few beer's maybe a dram or two for the small hour's.
Think we will have a good night.

Those S series are what it's all about take care.

Ohh btw i will be giving ride's in my car 20p a pop.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 4-9-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
How about a google map of the route to the telescope for anyone not aware of the exact location.

LIKE ME LOL.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Right people anyone who is still wanting to come on Sat then please let me know asap so we can see who wants to go. Now depending on your views i was thinking about changing the location slightly. Having not had a email back from the Observatory about using their car park and land etc i do know of a place right up in the hills call "Blackstone Edge" Its just outside Rochdale and a awful lot closer to the motorway. This locatio has a huge car park free at all times and a short 4 min walk takes you on top of a platuea. This place is awesome and on a clear night you can see to Liverpool about 40 mile away. I must warn you it is a freaky and eerie place. Its a very short distance from Todmorden so we are still within the area probably about 2 mile from where we intended to go originally but this place is a billions times better.

If you all wish to stick to the original location then please say but please let me know who wants to go

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Im game i just need to know the exact location.

Could take a wrong turn and up in the middle of a field with those crazy little road's.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ill post a link tommorow night need to get some feedback and see if anyone else is coming though. Come on people

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If some one can let me know me and a mate can sort somthing out my way ie -25 mile + for a kinda referance the saint knows what am talking about ..... gimme a nod

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I'm in, so I await the details eagerly...

Let's hope for a nice clear night.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
If some one can let me know me and a mate can sort somthing out my way ie -25 mile + for a kinda referance the saint knows what am talking about ..... gimme a nod

Thats a good idea. Blackstone edge is on the edge of saddleworth on the north side of the M62. You would then be covering saddleworth on the south side of the M62. Between us the whole of Greater Manchester, Parts of Lancashire, Chesire, Merseyside and Yorkshire would be covered

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ok Blackstone edge. If you come through Rochdale off the M62 and follow signs for a town called Littleborough. Once in Littlebourough you will see signs for Halifax. Now obviously we are going nowhere near Halifax but this little A road winds its way up Blackstone edge. Upon Blackstone edge high up on the peak there is a pub which seems to be plonked in the middle of nowhere. The pub is called the White House. Beware if any cloud is upon the peak you may almost drive past this pub. There is a huge car park at that pub. Its a eerie pub and you will wonder why anyone goes there at 1300 feet up in the hills and miles away from civilisation. Thats where i think we should meet.

Now we have a choice of walking 2 mins to the left of the car park above the waterfall near the resevoir or we can take the 5 min walk up to the rocky peak which gives you views right out to North Wales believe it or not.

Look up "Blackstone edge" on a search theres loads of stuff out there but i will also post a map later if needed. From the motorway it takes about 5-10 mins to get there maximium.

As i said its 1300 feet up and if you chose to sit upon the rocky outcrop you will also be sat within the ancient standing stones

Dae

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Ive been pleading with my cat to not have her kittens today, so far shes doing well, only some morning sickness yesterday (that freaked me out, thought she was going into labor!).

Well Im still coming, waiting to hear from Interweb dude about getting a lift with him.

Thesaint, what time are we meeting tonight? Should we swap mobile numbers?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Well al the people who are supposedly coming have now gone a little quiet so hopefully they will come to life today. I was thinking about 830pm just as its getting dusky

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
appologies - i have been very busy [ not enough hours in day ]

i am still mad up for it - all my kit is semi packed and inspected - so it only takes seconds to throw everything together

whats the plan ?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
ok - an attempt to inject some organisation into this endeavour

meeting pooint :

SD 96794 17869 [ OS NGR ]

53°39'27.00"N , 2° 2'56.87"W [ lat / long]

for old fashioned folks - its the white horse inn on the A58 - its hard to miss , there is very little else up there

saint has set an meet time of 20:30 which is a good time - what about breaking up ?

there was talk of staying out all night - or just till 1 / 2 AM ?

required kit :

stout foot ware - essential
waterproofs / wind proofs - very esential
thermos + munchies - vital
a torch is handy - but we will not abandon you to the night

cameras /binoculars / scopes etc - are optional - extra eyeballs are always handy

people should not drop out just cos they do not have a good camera or optics

transport for the car less ? thats an issue to tackle on an ad-hoc hasis

who has spare seats - and where are they coming from ?

i am one of the carless

but i can get to either manchester [ victoria ] or hebden bridge by train

any one able to give me a lift the final bit ?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Yeah 830 is good ill be there myself at about 855 as Mrs dont get home till 830 so i can leave the rug rats with her.

As mentioned good shoes or boots and some warm clothing essential.

I wouldnt bring a torch unless for emergencies only as they can damage night vision which can take half hour to come back. I have dozens of cyalume lightsticks which you can have. I will also be equipped with a full first aid kit ableit any minor accidents.

Ignorant Ape if you can get to Rochdale train station i could get you on the way through. Where you coming from?

I myself will be there till about 0100hrs or maybe a little later

Im also gonna bring a cheap muti band radio so we can listen in to the pilots coming in and out of manchester see if they mention anything out of the norm

Dae

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ive u2u more_serotonin_pls and Interweb about getting a lift with them. Ill accept and meet up with the first person who gets back to me. If I dont hear back from either of them by 6/6:30 then Ill try and make the next one.

*crosses fingers*

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well hopefully people will check out this page before heading up there. It would be sad if after all this talk people decided not to go. heck no one needs any serious kit infact no kit at all your eyes are what you need.

With or without im still gonna head up there so if anyone is still coming then please U2U and ill give ya a mobile number

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
abject appologies folks

but i am beset by murphys law - and its ALL going wrong

and now my mate who was going to let me doss on his floor is having " problem child " problems

so i am going to find it impossible to get home

i promise to be on the next one - we will have to show a higher level of planning / organisation

but any forray up pendle hill you plan will be great - as its right on my doorstep

sorry folks - its turning into one of those days

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
No problems cheers for letting us know anyway. Where is you was coming from anyway?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
saint : i am in clitheroe - i can see part of the hill from my den window

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I know Clitheroe well. Thats a shame as it is literally a stone throw. I imagine there is plenty of superb places up in Clitheroe aswell

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join