It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling On Folks From North West UK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
Dae

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by InterWeb

Me me! Id love to book a seat in yer car (would hope I wasnt the only one tho)... and doesnt that indian take-away sound absolutely wonderful?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Guys

You make me feel sooooo jealous,born raised and lived there for 20 yrs moved now but hhmmm........
There is really good selection of pubs too. Only thing to watch out for is the M62 which goes charging through the area and makes a lot of noise.

You may even get to see some wallabies as well... Truth guys there be wallabies on them thar hills.

They are not aliens but our friends from down under. Nearly wiped out a few years ago by the weather. Have a great time guys.

If the take away doesn't happen head back into Rochdale and do the Star of Bengal on the left heading out of the town toward Toddy. Yummmms

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Deharg

I think youll find the Wallabies are in Derbyshire

www.bbc.co.uk...

Having lived in Uppermill and walked up to Pots & Pans many times I never saw one. However they arent all that difficult to see in Derbyshire

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Wish I could come but I'm too far away, ( Scotland). Isn't Todmorden where PC Alan Godfrey came from? That was a wierd story, plenty more details in Greer's Disclosure book that I hadn't read anywhere else. The way his colleagues treated him was appalling. I've also read that the same morning he was abducted there was a body found on top of a large coal heap, (like it was dropped). It was an old man who just popped out for a loaf of bread and he was found with his face burnt off. Be careful. Don't go out alone looking for UFOs.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
They wont be alone they will have big Lee there with them.

I never tempt fate but hay relax.

hahahaha

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 29-8-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
im not only amazed that so many people live in the nearby but gobsmacked that someone else on the forums lives in halifax, if you want to see some really strange sights i reccomend the "acca" on a friday night

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Well well well.

A pound a drink and all the fun you can have on a dancefloor the size of a ping pong table.

No drink's on the dancefloor please.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Lots of good ideas. I think we should set this up for next weekend ie a week on Saturday or something like that. I thought it would be good to do from about 8pm till about 1 mabye 2am however if others out there wish to pitch up a tent and stay all night then thats excellent. The indian idea is fab. Being ex military ill be the one in camo eating cold rations out of a mess tin though

Seriously though some warm clothing, something waterproof, a umbrella like a big golf one and maybe a fold up chair or something. I have a few chairs i could throw in the boot. Most importantly something to eat and maybe a flask of tea. Ill bring a couple of flasks of tea and coffee.

Please dont feel let down if we witness absolutely nothing hopefully this could be the first of many meets in which im sure we will one day have something to talk about

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Also for the people in this area i have a few other plans for this Autumn. One of them being a night up on Pendle Hill (Pendle Witches) and all that kind of stuff and i also plan a night in the most haunted hotel in the UK The Golden Fleece Pub in York (Estabilished 1503AD) as featured on TV. If you are up for anything like this then please tag along

[edit on 29-8-2007 by thesaint]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
That pendle hill expedition sound's really interesting.

I see some good times ahead.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Pendle Hill would be bloody excellent. After watching Most Haunted going up there i thought id try it myself one night. I got half way up and saw 8 people all dressed like druids walking in a circle. Put it this way i was back in my car in less than 2 mins

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

PMSL

we get lots of wierdos up here - esp on solistices and helloween

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I used to live in pendle hill (sabden) i live 5 mins away from it now and yes its a nice place to go...especially at night, me and some friends have camped there many times, never seen any witches though mind you.

Back to Todmorden....

I think i will bring a tent aswell and some beers, its a good idea, might aswell make a night of it, some friends of mine will also be interested in this expedition.

Saturday sounds a good day to go.

Dae

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

*raises hand*

I did Pendle one night, the shortest night, with a mate and a UFO detector (built to Fortean Times specs lol). We went with one blankie and a candle.. a candle on Pendle Hill. After a while we both realised we didnt want to see a UFO, 'cos like... scary!

So, we all going on Saturday 8th Sep then? Anyone else in Liverpool who needs a lift? 'cos Interweb is offering lifts in his/her big car

Edit, wrong date

[edit on 30/8/07 by Dae]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This sounds like fun! I won't be attending but i'm excited for you guys! I drove through todmorden on the way to Pendle yesterday (work) and the hills around there are mega!

Hope you see something.. i dont mean hallucinations. Keep safe!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Haha, sweet boys, remember to watch an american werewolf in london before you go

I am too far away to make it myself, so make sure you report anything strange that you spot.

I am sure they use these remote locations for military testing and that there could be some kind of weird swamp gas like substances up there.

Remember to pack some waterproof shoes and take a flash of warm drink, it can be very yucky weather up there!

Best of luck guys, I look forward to hearing about you adventures

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
count me in folks - I'm in scouseland so it's only a zap down the good ol' 62

I'm also happy to play driver to anyone needing a lift from scouseland.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by more_serotonin_pls]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I know a few of you have PMd me however im having problems replying to PMs at moment. Im trying to get in touch with the Astronomy Centre to ask if we can use their car park etc. Also need to find out if we can sit on the land there without trespassing so i should have answers soon. Saturday is definitely on up to now

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
cool - I'm debating whether to bring the missus - she thinks i'mmental anyway so it'd be good for her to realise I'm not alone.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
LOL i was thinking the same for exactly the same reason. Were about in Liverpool you from?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join