It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling On Folks From North West UK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by eddiemaiden_80
I will be vary happy to attened. I live in Leeds so not to far to travel. I dont have a car at the momemnt but should do so around Oct/Nov, hopefully u will still be having regular meetings then.........

Im in Leeds too, I cant drive and wont be driving for a good while unless fortunes change.
If you ever want someone to tag along I would love to partake in such things (I dont get out much so it would be a good bit of motivation).
If you want to consider this but would like to meet up somewhere neautral to weigh me up first and if you feel I would be suitable then give me a quick shout and we could arrange something.
U2U me with any questions you may have in the mean time.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I will pick you up eagle. Just dont cry when you have spinal pain the next day from the 400 (whp) car that i pick you up in.

You will enjoy my company.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 26-8-2007 by h3akalee]

Dae

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Id love to come! Hey thesaint, Im in Liverpool but no car. If you can U2U me about getting there that would be cool. I dont have a camera or video or even binos! But I can point and say, "Look there! look there!"

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I suppose any coming from Liverpool could get here by Train within 30 Mins. I would be quite happy to drop people back off in Liverpool after the watch as its only 40 mins drive away. Free of charge too (Company car, Free Fuel)

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
hey - greatr idea

sign me up

i have camera , video , spotter scope etc

i have no transport - but can get to sensible meet points [ halifax / hebden bridge or manchester ] by rail .

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Sounds fun, Ill kepp updated on this and may be able to make one of these if they keep going on,

Im sure myself and oni would come at soem point,

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hi all, I'd love to get involved... I live only 14 miles from Liverpool and although I don't have a car, I'd be happy to get involved.

My didgi camera is broken at the moment though, but u2u me whenever you're planning on going and I'll see whaT i CAN DO.

Great Idea by the way...

Also, my home town of St.helens in notorious for sightings of Ufo's, almost every week theres something mentioned in the local weekly press.

(just a quick google search brings up these local Ufo's)

www.thisisst-helens.co.uk...

www.ufoinfo.com...

mysticaluniverse.com...

www.ufocasebook.com...

www.rense.com...

magonia.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk...

ufocasebook.conforums.com...

Should I be worried? No... if any landed here, the scousers would nick it, repaint it and sell it back to the original owners...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
all these atser's from North west lol! you couldent make it up!

I live about 5 mile from Rochdale "middleton"
and have seen 2 Unidentified intelligently controlled glowing spheres ,in my skies both together.

amazing stuff!

but I aint meetin no strangers on the moors in the middle of the night. sorry

but I'm always here with me infered camera n SLR scanning the skies!

good luck if you meet up. and stay safe!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
One of your best spots in Saddleworth is up above Uppermill at a place called 'Pots & Pans'

You take the turn in the middle of the villae next to the Commercial pub then drive all the way till the end of the road and the old church & pub then get out and walk.
Ive seen some strange things from up there some nights when I lived in Uppermill.

Good Luck

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I only live 10 mins away on the bus but one of the spots I located is the grains barr pitch and putt just before Saddleworth you can see over to Manchster, and way beyond that on a clear day you can see Jodrall Bank. and if you face the other way and take a walk for 5 mins you can over look delph and places like that nice views to be seen.

Se7

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Top thread OP,and top idea.
Great to see not only many fellow ATSers in the area,but Atsers who are also into the UFO area of operations.

I live not far from Liverpool,30 miles odd in North Wales-quite close to a place all you Liverpudlians will know well I`m sure.Near Colomendy-where you guys all went on school outings right?Hehe

Would love to be on the list of "potentials" for a future trip at some point-work load will prevent this in the very near future though.
I`ll keep popping back to this thread from time to time to see how you folks are getting on.

BTW,Iv'e been for many a jaunt up Moel Fammau near where I live to look for UFOs.I and 2 mates saw some crazy whizzing orb action up there a few years back-possibly mass ball lightning,i dunno...
My sister and her friends saw a classic triangle in the area in the early 90s too when they were camping-It freaked the living hell outta them at the time.

I bet you Liverpool Dudes know about Moel Fammau too.

Anyways,great Idea-hope to join you guys at some future expedition.

Flagging thread now

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Just one point to note about Moel Famau, its one of the favourite Hang Gliding and Paragliding spots around N Wales.
Ive been there when blokes were paragliding, even at night

Which has to be scary? They would fly down to areas marked by lights.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hi Guys,

Im from the North East, near Newcastle, But, My Girlfriends family live in Cliviger which is leterally a 10 minute drive from Todmorden, I'd be more than happy to come along with my Digicam and see what happens lol, I must admit though, I wasnt aware of Todmorden being a hotspot for UFO activity!

it would also be good if we could do something similar around the Menwith Hill area, Ive noticed a lot of new construction work going on there lately, it'd be great to go along asa group and get some photos

Anyways, drop me a U2U when your planning the Todmorden trip and I'll more than likely come along

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
Just one point to note about Moel Famau, its one of the favourite Hang Gliding and Paragliding spots around N Wales.
Ive been there when blokes were paragliding, even at night

Which has to be scary? They would fly down to areas marked by lights.

Too right,and popular with the model aircraft crew almost every day now,
Familiar with those,although night time hang gliders are very rare as the thermals ain't to hot from that location at night.
Some do fly those fan powered parachutes around the area too-all great stuff,but none of which fit what we saw a while back.
Great place anyhow.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well i think we should get this up and running as soon as definitely within the next fortnight at least and take it from there.

Dae

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Whats the name of the train station that we should be going to? Maybe a bunch of us from Liverpool could get a train together? 2 weeks sounds great!

*is all excited*

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
dpends where from but if going saddleworth trin into manchster picidilly or victoria then from their one to oldham towards uppermill area.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I can pick up People from around manchester thats no problem. On this first trip we gonna head up to Todmorden just outside or near this little Observatory

www.astronomycentre.org.uk...

Infact if we make it for a Saturday night its open to the public free to get a little gander at the stars before we head into the fields

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Sounds good.

I have some gear I could bring and a big car too, so if anyone is looking to come with me from Liverpool, then just say.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
As it will be my first such trip and i am assuming it could be some other's aswell.

I suggest that a basic kit list is made.

I dont want to sound like a freak you know like your geography teacher before you go on a field trip. But i just want to know what the basic's should be taking into consent the weather and also food and drink and any other idea's the more experianced can pass down.

I will be driving hence not drinking however. If i decide to bring my girlfriend i may bring a tent and have a few drink's as i will then be able to sleep it off in the tent.

Not shure on what time you are all willing to spend out there are we talking all night ?

I can organize a special delivery of food from a friend who own's an indian restaurant if that take's anyone's fancy let me know so i can make him aware closer to the date.

Just throwing some idea's out there.

Regard's
Lee

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join