It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling On Folks From North West UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This may be in the wrong place so MODS please move if you wish.

I have always had a keen interest in UFOs etc and believe i have found an ideal place for a bit of skywatching up near Saddleworth Moor and also not too far from Todmorden which itself has had UFOs reports over the years. The place has no light pollution and has an amazing view on a clear night from right on top of the Moors. Im looking for a few other ATSers in the area who would like to meet up say once a month with a few flasks of tea some digital cameras etc and a warm coat.

Anyone up for this see if we can pick anything strange up

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hey, sounds like a good idea, im in the north west and live about 30 mins from Todmorden.

Didnt know it was known for UFO's, but its worth a night star gazing to see what we can catch.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hi there yes there is a few weird stories regarding Todmorden and if i remember right one of the main stories from there was reprtorted by a respected police officer. Anyways i feel a good night watch up on hills around Tod and Saddleworth would be good once in a blue moon. Whereabouts you from being only 30 mins from Tod

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
About Todmorden:

www.bbc.co.uk...

And another:

www.ufocasebook.com...

Just google "Todmorden UFOs" there is absolutley loads in this area

[edit on 26-8-2007 by thesaint]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

I live near Blackburn in a little villiage.

Went to Todmorden a few months ago for a few beers...wierd little town.

Never heard of Saddleworth,wheres that?

When you thinking of going?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I only in Bury literally down the road from you. Saddleworth is literally just over other side of Rochdale heading up onto Moors towards Hudds and Halifax. Its infamous for the place were Myra Hindley and that other crank dumped the bodies of the children they murdered (a few of them never to be found) so it can get a little spooky with that alone in your head out there at night

Did you read links above?

Dunno though maybe if we could get a few people maybe start in next few weeks when nights start getting darker

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yeah i read that link, very strange, never heard of that miner before,seems like its a ufo hotspot so its worth a try right.

We will just see how many other people who live near us want to do this then.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
How do we know you just won't kill us, if we turn up.

you could be a Hindley copycat

How far is it from Liverpool?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yes i think it would be worth a try up in Todmorden at least. I know up just outside Todmorden in the Hills there is an observatory so definitely no light pollution if we stuck somewhere near there. There are few people on ATS from the area so hopefully a few will come by this thread soon and we could get say half a dozen up there once or twice a month,

Never really sky watched before but decided rather than sit here on ATS every night it would be good to get out and do some field work. You never know what might pop up

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I will be vary happy to attened. I live in Leeds so not to far to travel. I dont have a car at the momemnt but should do so around Oct/Nov, hopefully u will still be having regular meetings then.........

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterWeb
How do we know you just won't kill us, if we turn up.

you could be a Hindley copycat

How far is it from Liverpool?

Hi InterWeb, I myself am from Liverpool originally only been up here 4 years. I make the journey to Liverpool twice a week infact i am there tommorow seeing family on Bank Holiday. The Journey up to me takes about 40 mins straight up M62 just near Manchester.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by eddiemaiden_80
I will be vary happy to attened. I live in Leeds so not to far to travel. I dont have a car at the momemnt but should do so around Oct/Nov, hopefully u will still be having regular meetings then.........

Hi there, Im sure we could meet up regualy. Infact there is a big void of Moors between Manchester and Leeds so your definitely in the right place

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hello im from Halifax.

Let me know when you have dates ect and i will attend.

I am shure something interesting will happen.

Ever hear about the polish man who was found dead on the coal pile with no footprint's leading to his corpse ?

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 26-8-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Sure have infact i think it is mentioned in the link above i posted. Being from Halifax your literally down the road from Tod so would be glad if you could join us too the more the merrier

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hey, Good luck with it. I'd join but I'm in Nottingham so it's a little out of my way.

Are there any RAF bases in this area? Just to know whether they could be secret military projects as well as ET.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

Here is a link to that story with a little bit more info on Todmorden sightings
BBC News

[edit on 26-8-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Sounds good to me,let me know when u plan on going up there,im from huddersfield just a short drive from me should be good fun up there only thing is everytime i think of the moors up there i think of the film american werewolf

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Lots of strange thing's in the sky i would urge anyone wanting to spend a little time to just look up please attend.

BTW im 25 but i have an old soul so i have been told. That sounds cheesy but wait till you talk to me.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
On a final note have a look here i am no loon and when you meet me you will understand.

www.megalithic.co.uk...

Now this was carbon dated and when it was created well muhahaha the whole area was under the sea ?

HAVE FUN!!

Here is my photobucket account a few pics of mine so you get a rough idea on myself and what i like and what i own my hobbies are serious and this is one of them.

s128.photobucket.com...

FINAL Regard's
Lee

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
lol, i would except i'm from the north west of england, which is about 100 miles northwest of saddleworth

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join