It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SR-72 Confirmed: Mach 6 Project Blackswift

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Depends where you are, Ive seem much more activity in Wales on the Mach Loop that I ever did in Scotland and spent a lot of time up there in the Highlands and Islands.

Unless there is a spot people know is flown regularly possible nothing.

I used to stay here a lot and have recovered parts from the crash, I know Paul well and we climbed up to the site a number of times:

heavywhalley.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: EternalSolace

The official attitude record for the SR-71 is 85,069 feet. The YF-12 is 80,257 feet.

A-12's ceiling was even higher...

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Everything Blackbird did, OXCART did better!

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

i have it on good authority the black bird hit mach 4 at least once

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
All planes are a little bit different.One of the RAAF F111,s supposedly flew faster than the others.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Adaptive fault tolerant control for hypersonic vehicle with input saturation and state constraints

Authors:

Sun et al

Abstract:

This paper proposes an adaptive control scheme for hypersonic vehicle with external disturbances, parametric uncertainties, actuator failures, input saturation and state constraints. Firstly, the longitudinal model of generic hypersonic vehicle is divided into velocity subsystem and altitude subsystem. Secondly, based on the tangent barrier Lyapunov function and auxiliary system, two adaptive fault tolerant controllers are designed for velocity subsystem and altitude subsystem, respectively, which can solve the problem of input saturation. By using the controllers, the flight states containing the angle of attack, flight path angle, pitch angle and pitch angle rate can be guaranteed in prospective ranges. Finally, the Lyapunov stability theory and numerical simulations are adopted to verify the effectiveness of the presented controllers.

www.sciencedirect.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intelgurl

From a weapons payload perspective you are going to have to go outside the box... I mean at that speed you are flying faster and higher than the missile you might fire lol... I suspect this to actually be a satellite killer or defender as china and other's have put up offensive satellite's in space now.

I suspect you will end up with laser technology or possibly even rail gun technology which is the next big thing.. it is cheap and no explosives are even needed at all. The dart as they are often called are the weapons.. This tech is pretty amazing actually... same tech can be used to tube mount multiple mortars or grenades etc and actually fire all at same time or one at a time from multiple tubes and put them all in the exact same spot if you wanted to... it is amazing...

But, yea, i don't think this will be used for conventional battlefield... could be used for intelligence but I think we need to think outside box on this one...

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dlbott

hypersonic missiles would work just fine as it wouldn't need a booster.

the real problem is how do you open a payload bay door at that kind of speed and not melt the door edges away or maybe melt the door off.

if these hypersonic aircraft can pop above what we would call LEO open the doors and let the weapons go on a ballistic curve or even using the weapons own non air-breathing motor to fly so high they dont run into alot of the problems with hypersonics.

as long as the weapon could handle the 1-2 second drive through the atmosphere to hit the target i dont see why these types of pond skipping aircraft couldn't use normal weapons(maybe with a little rocket booster to guide it on course before it had air resistance

i think the only thing in the truly hypersonic(well above mach 5) and at altitudes that would get you astronaut wings will only ever carry sensor and cameras and maybe some ELINT and EW with typical missions of ISR and BDA

we have plenty of anti sat options right now that have been shown to be lethal and no one wants to start shooting at sats as that would ruin space for everyone for pretty much ever.

that being said blinding sats with ranges like starfire and mini sats or regular ones capturing a hostile sat and deobiting it, that is a real clean way of bringing down satellites and comes with its own built in plausible deniability

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

By not having the doors open outwards?

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Masisoar

i guess you could use a D-21 type setup for your hypersonic missiles but obviously that wasn't as easy as it was thought to be.

i like mark macandlish(sp) idea of a HGV launching warheads by launching them with a spring loaded heat tile to push it pout and seal the now broken heat shield

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   

You could release a payload through the aft section of an aircraft without compromising the heat shield as well, just a thought.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   
How about roller doors like the B24 Liberator.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Time to get the chickens out of the freezer...

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masisoar

You could release a payload through the aft section of an aircraft without compromising the heat shield as well, just a thought.

Probably not the ideal solution, but it is close for the right reasons.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hypersonic Aerodynamic Interference Investigation for a Two-Stage-To-Orbit Model

Authors:

Jia et al

Abstract:

To investigate the aerodynamic interference challenges for hypersonic vehicles, a new type of conceptual TSTO model is considered, which consists of a trapezoid wing as the booster and a hemisphere-cone-cylinder wing as the orbiter. Based on the three-dimensional hybrid LES/RANS numerical simulation method, the mechanism of high surface heat flux and the effect of stage separation between booster and aircraft in hypersonic flight are studied in detail. The results show that the oblique shock generated by the booster impinges on the bow shock in a three-dimensional region around the orbiter nose. Obviously, this interaction brings about a steep temperature gradient and high peak values of pressure and heat flux. When the bow shock under the orbiter is incident to the upper surface of the booster, it will trigger a shock-wave/boundary-layer interaction, which gives rise to the peak pressure and heat flux. When the reflected bow shock impacts the lower surface of the orbiter, it will initiate another interaction. When the two stages separate from each other, the increase in the normal distance between two stages results in a decrease in pressure and heat flux. When the vertical distance is large enough, the reflected bow shock impinges on the rear of the orbiter without producing an interaction. At that moment, the pressure and heat flux maintain low values.

www.sciencedirect.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Has anyone watched the end of the second trailer of top gun 2?? they are showing a Aurora type aircraft. is this a way for them to leek some info that they have something like this out there??

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: OzBoomer77

No, it's a chance for Hollywood to show off their CGI skills and listen to internet rumors.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I noticed that too. The subreddit that follow black projects discusses this may have been a "soft release" of the SR-72 in a film.
Yes it's CGI over an F-18 hornet but hollywood has often been ways for interests to further their cause.

a reply to: OzBoomer77

edit on 19-12-2019 by aliensporebomb because: added info

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join